If you’re new to the site, you may not have heard about the ITS Tactical Muster. It’s a multi-day skill-set building excursion that focuses on many of the topics we advocate on this site. The benefit here is that we break free from the digital world for a bit and really get our hands dirty.
The ITS Crew has been working tirelessly behind the scenes and spent months planning in order to deliver the best experience possible. Expect to be stretched both mentally and physically with the activities we have set up.
The date for the Muster is just around the corner and if you’re lucky enough to be attending this action packed workshop of team building and skill development, you’re probably almost ready. But there are still some more things you can do in the mean time to make sure you’re prepared for when you arrive.
Here are just some of the articles we’ve run in the past that you may want to revisit. Read them, practice them and learn them. Remember that ITS Tactical and the web in general, is full of resources, so dig deep and keep learning!
- 5 Knots You Need to Know How to Tie at All Times
- Coil Your Rope for Imminent Use
- Using Lashings for Weight Bearing Structures
- Save Your Life With a One Handed Bowline
- Types of Carabiners and What kN Ratings Mean
- How to Coil and Carry a Rope for Climbing or Rappelling
- Making Your Own Military Mountaineering Kit
- Dealing with Anchors while Rappelling and Making a DIY Retrievable Anchor
Survival, Fire Starting & Shelter Building
- Building a Wilderness Survival Shelter with the Heatsheets Emergency Blanket
- Alternative Fire Starting Without Matches
- Pocket Survival Kit Series
Camp Gadgets & Stoves
- DIY Alcohol Stove Comparison
- DIY Tyvek Stuff Sacks
- Weekend Project: DIY Tubular Webbing Belts
- An Introduction to Lightweight Backpacking
- Tourniquet Use in the Civilian Pre-Hospital Setting
- Why Israeli Bandages are like Pepperidge Farm Bread
- Wilderness Medicine and Survival Tips
- Stop the Bleeding!
- LandNav 101 – 6 part Series
- Introduction to Geocaching: What you need to Get Started
- Sign Cutting and Tracking Methods Employed by the US Border Patrol
- Land Navigation: Calculating your Pace Count
Brush up on these skills and you’ll be ahead of the game. Remember, it pays to be a winner! See you soon.
Are you getting more than 14¢ of value per day from ITS Tactical?
Please consider joining our Crew Leader Membership and our growing community of supporters.
At ITS Tactical we’re working hard every day to provide different methods, ideas and knowledge that could one day save your life. Instead of simply asking for your support with donations, we’ve developed a membership to allow our readers to support what we do and allow us to give you back something in return.
For less than 14¢ a day you can help contribute directly to our content, and join our growing community of supporters who have directly influenced what we’ve been able to accomplish and where we’re headed.