I’m excited to announce a new partnership here on ITS Tactical, with Jeff Gonzales of Trident Concepts as a contributor.... View ArticleView Article
There are plenty of ways that you can thank veterans in your local community, but on this Veteran’s Day I’d like to share a few simple ways you can show your appreciation for what they’ve done.
A veteran is someone who at one point in their life, wrote a blank check payable to the United States of America for an amount up to and including their life. Regardless of personal political views, that is an honor and there are too many people in this country who no longer remember that fact.
I’ve always liked that description because it elicits so much meaning from such few words. That’s what we’d like your goal to be today; to do something simple that will mean so much to the veterans around you. Here are five simple ways you can make that happen:
5 Simple Ways to Thank a Veteran Today
1. Say Thank You – Just the simple act of saying “Thank you for your service” goes a long way with veterans. Throw in a handshake too, you’re bound to see a smile on their face, which will make it all worth it.
2. Volunteer – Do something for the veterans in your community. Seriously, what’s an hour of your time for the sacrifices they’ve made? Check out uso.org for ways that you can help. At the least, drop off an anonymous letter at your local VA thanking a veteran; it will get to the right person.
3. Donate – Make a small donation today to any of the fantastic organizations out there that help veterans each and every day. Some of our favorites here at ITS are Wounded Warrior Project and Disabled American Veterans.
4. Pay for Lunch – One of my fondest memories while serving was actually when a complete stranger came up to a group of three of my buddies and I and paid for our lunch. We were in our Dress Blues eating at a Friday’s in the airport on our way out to San Diego. He simply walked up said “We appreciate what you guys are doing (pointing to the table of three other men appearing to be traveling on business), this one’s on us.” Offer to pay for a veteran’s meal today.
5. Never Forget – One of the biggest things you can do, and I think all my veteran brothers will agree with me here, is to make the most out of the opportunity you’ve been given. Our freedoms have been paved with the sacrifices of our soldiers and they did so for all of us to enjoy this great country; let’s not forget that or take it for granted.
Are you getting more than 14¢ of value per day from ITS Tactical?
Please consider joining our Crew Leader Membership and our growing community of supporters.
At ITS Tactical we’re working hard every day to provide different methods, ideas and knowledge that could one day save your life. Instead of simply asking for your support with donations, we’ve developed a membership to allow our readers to support what we do and allow us to give you back something in return.
For less than 14¢ a day you can help contribute directly to our content, and join our growing community of supporters who have directly influenced what we’ve been able to accomplish and where we’re headed.