Our thoughts go out to all of those on the East Coast affected by Hurricane Sandy. If you have a kit ready to help others in this time of need, keep an eye out for your neighbors and lend aid when possible. Hang in there, stay safe and be sure to let us know how things are going.
One thing we have always found solace in knowing, is the fact that the Sentinel at the Tomb of the Unknowns have stood constant guard every second of every day since 1937.
No weather has deterred them from completing their silent patrol.
What an honor it must be.
For tips on preparing yourself and your home for a hurricane as all as other natural disasters, there are a number of resources. You can read over past articles we’ve posted as well as take a look at Ready.gov‘s section on Hurricanes specifically.
- Public Service Announcement: Tsunami and Preparedness
- Preparedness Lifestyle vs Preparedness Event
- Every Day Carry Planning Series
- How Blow Out Kits Saved Lives in Tucson and Why You Should Carry One
- Three Seconds. Three Minutes. 30 Minutes. Are You Prepared?
- 12 Things You Need In Your Vehicle Emergency Kit
- Pocket Survival Kit Review Series
- Evacuation Strategies and Emergency Kits for Staying Alive
- Can You Physically Save Yourself
- 42 Grunt Tips & Tactics for Your Toolbox when the SHTF
UPDATE: The image of the Old Guard above is not from Hurricane Sandy but is still an excellent photograph. If you are interested in seeing more photos, visit the official Facebook page for the 3d U.S. Infantry Regiment (The Old Guard).
Thanks Roger for the clarification.
Are you getting more than 14¢ of value per day from ITS Tactical?
Please consider joining our Crew Leader Membership and our growing community of supporters.
At ITS Tactical we’re working hard every day to provide different methods, ideas and knowledge that could one day save your life. Instead of simply asking for your support with donations, we’ve developed a membership to allow our readers to support what we do and allow us to give you back something in return.
For less than 14¢ a day you can help contribute directly to our content, and join our growing community of supporters who have directly influenced what we’ve been able to accomplish and where we’re headed.