• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#41 Hawkthrower

Hawkthrower

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 18 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 06:49 AM

Good luck DStevenson finding one in brown. I have been wanting one in brown almost since I got one in black it is a great belt

Edited by Hawkthrower, 19 May 2013 - 06:50 AM.

#42 noahfn

noahfn

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 10:11 AM

I just did a double check and it appears someone is still making them (I assume its still Maxpedition).
There are a couple new colors since I last checked (Desert Tan and OD).

The common sizes still seem to be hard to find but my hopes are back up!

I'm also looking for a tan/brown liger belt. How did you find out they are still being made?

Have you had any luck finding one?

#43 DStevenson

DStevenson

Salty Dog

• 1,869 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 23 May 2013 - 11:13 AM

I am only assuming they are still being made because of the two colors introduced that I had not seen before (Desert Tan and OD green)
I promise, if I find any belts in brown I will post their source regardless of the size... I'm not finding my size but maybe it'll help someone else.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." Benjamin Franklin

5399202523_bd1cb04e2e_o.png

#44 Davis

Davis

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,341 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:16 PM

I'm curious if anybody on here that has the Liger Belt has compared it to the Apex Gunner's Belt by 5.11? They visually look very similar to me and the material composition seems quite similar. I own one of the Apex belts and from the pictures I can see online of the Liger they look a lot a like. I do note one key difference is from what I am seeing the Liger is USA manufactured, where the Apex is only USA designed, but manufactured overseas, as with most 5.11 items. Anyway... I was just curious if they are as similar as the look to be.

On another note, I just noticed that 5.11 is releasing a cobra buckle belt, so I'm pretty stoked about that... except for the insane price tag on it.

-Davis

Ir2fdXw.png?1

Put good in, get good out. 

#45 DStevenson

DStevenson

Salty Dog

• 1,869 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:11 AM

Hmm.. the Apex... looks pretty close.

I tried to find comparisons in a quick 10 second google search and came across this one on Amazon. This owner has a Liger belt already and needed a second in another color.

"I waited for 6 months for Maxpedition to restock and it never happened, which is when I happened upon the Apex. Looked the same, same concept. Upon receipt it was softer then the Liger, already feels broken in and comfortable."

When I reviewed the 5.11 website I found a video stating that something 5.11 did a little differently was they pre-curved the belt so it already feels broken in even though the belt is relatively stiff.
I'll have to seriously consider this belt, it looks good.
  • Davis likes this

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." Benjamin Franklin

#46 Davis

Davis

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,341 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:45 AM

I can attest to the fact that the "pre-curved: design is nice and really does make it a bit more comfortable out of the box, especially because it is made out of such a heavy duty composite material.

Ir2fdXw.png?1

Put good in, get good out. 

#47 SacRyan

SacRyan

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 136 posts
  • LocationUT

Posted 06 September 2013 - 08:54 AM

Little late to this party but...

Still using a 1.5 inch leather velcro lined from CrossBreed with my super tuck. Using the Velcro allows for a zero signature outside your belt by placing velcro clips against the inside the the belt (and over the pants) to hold the holster. I've had to re-glue the top edge of the velcro a couple of times but been carrying this way for 3 years now and the belt is holding up better than any other leather belt I've had.

(And my holster has never come out with my gun) ;)

Qd3OG01.png

Do the right thing, even when no one is looking.

#48 Scot McK

Scot McK

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 154 posts
  • LocationTampa, FL

Posted 06 September 2013 - 10:50 AM

Another +1 for the Original SOE EDC belt. Sturdiest belt I have ever bought.
Posted Image

#49 DeathwatchDoc

DeathwatchDoc

Salty Dog

• 1,936 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 09 September 2013 - 09:31 PM

I use a double sided 5.11 TDU belt. Reasonably stiff and supportive, but I am on the prowl for something a little more discreet.

Doc

89BccLb.png

#50 Scimitar

Scimitar

Swabbie

• Crew Leader
  • 38 posts
  • LocationSan Jose, CA

Posted 11 September 2013 - 05:24 AM

I have several 5.11 belts in different colors. I have to go through security checkpoints regularly, and the all nylon belts eliminate the need to remove them. I've received comments from guards on several occasions such as "nice" and "smart".
Semper Gumby...Always Flexible

#51 Scot McK

Scot McK

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 154 posts
  • LocationTampa, FL

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:58 AM

I just saw Ares is doing a non cobra buckle version. It is the Aegis buckle that is more lo profile.
Posted Image

#52 FreeStyle1138

FreeStyle1138

Mate

• Crew Leader
  • 80 posts
  • LocationHolly Ridge, NC

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:44 PM

I've run Blackhawk Riggers belts for years on my uniforms. And just a random cheap leather belt for EDC. But after deploying overseas and finding the need for a solid weapons platform I invested in an SOE Duty Cobra Riggers. Some of the best money I've ever spent on gear. I just picked up and recieved an EDC Cobra a few weeks back. Getting use to wearing it right now. Then when I go stateside for Leave next month i'll introduce a weapon to the EDC belt and see how it holds up.

Nothing bad to say about SOE Gear. This Duty Cobra belt is pretty freaking awesome!

#53 DStevenson

DStevenson

Salty Dog

• 1,869 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 17 September 2013 - 03:40 PM

A new EDC belt of interested posted on RecoilWeb.com

http://www.recoilweb...l#ixzz2fBIemz2f

Posted Image

#54 Scot McK

Scot McK

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 154 posts
  • LocationTampa, FL

Posted 17 September 2013 - 03:50 PM

Yep that one, thanks for the link I was a bit vague...
Posted Image

#55 Rodney Dalziel

Rodney Dalziel

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 08:36 PM

I read a few comments about the Maxpedition Liger Gun Belt, I can never find anyone with them in stock.

My questions are;

1. Are they still being made

2. If so where can I reliably source one.

Appreciate any help.

My EDC is more subtle, as I wear a suit most days and these belts look like they would blend in better yet have a sturdier/more rugged application.

#56 spenceman

spenceman

Life Member

• Plank Owner
  • 907 posts
  • LocationAZ

Posted 17 August 2014 - 09:29 PM

I don't know about the liger, but the 5.11 Apex Gunners belt will probably fit the bill. There was a post about them a couple weeks ago. http://itstactical.c...-belts/?p=28454

PlankOwnerSignatureAZ.gif FBI's Most Wanted for charges of serial thread hijacking.

I'm like a cheap wine. I get better the more you drink.

#57 DStevenson

DStevenson

Salty Dog

• 1,869 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 18 August 2014 - 05:43 AM

Youl will

I read a few comments about the Maxpedition Liger Gun Belt, I can never find anyone with them in stock.

My questions are;

1. Are they still being made

2. If so where can I reliably source one.

Appreciate any help.

My EDC is more subtle, as I wear a suit most days and these belts look like they would blend in better yet have a sturdier/more rugged application.

You will likely have to go with the 5.11 Apex Gunners belt as it seems to be the closest match... but to my knowledge the Maxpedition Liger belt is no longer being produced.

You might get lucky and catch your size on eBay... but that's your best bet.

#58 LongHaul

LongHaul

Life Member

• 750 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 18 August 2014 - 04:44 PM

You will likely have to go with the 5.11 Apex Gunners belt as it seems to be the closest match... but to my knowledge the Maxpedition Liger belt is no longer being produced.

You might get lucky and catch your size on eBay... but that's your best bet.

Maxpedition's customer service rep told me that they are re-designing the Liger belt and it should be released later this year. Of course, that was about 6 months ago...

15192964064_247b8d6ceb.jpg

artwork courtesy of a good friend on the forums!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users