28 replies to this topic

#21 B+Shooter

B+Shooter

Mate

• Crew Member
  • 58 posts
  • LocationKentucky

Posted 11 May 2015 - 07:45 AM

I worked for Yellow years ago. I medic friend of mine said they are leaps and bounds better than before, so I wish you luck.  Many of my cohorts that worked at Yellow I see from time to time working for LMEMS, so there's some wisdom in putting in time in the private side and applying to Metro. If you're a FF, take a look at Anchorage part-time also.  Keep your Nat. Registry up, and work on getting Indiana numbers.  This will help in the long term, either with Yellow, or finding work later.

If you've need emergency svcs input, let me know.  I've worked all sides of it in within Louisville.

#22 davebcarr

davebcarr

Mate

• Crew Member
  • 89 posts
  • LocationKY

Posted 12 May 2015 - 05:26 AM

I should be going through orientation for yellow next week. Not a FF, not completely disinterested in going that route but ideally I would like to end up on a PD sometime in the near future but we'll see how that goes. Definitely plan on keeping my National current. Yellow actually requires all their people to get their Indiana numbers now, but they pay for it so that's nice. If you don't mind me asking what do you do now? Still involved with EMS? 

#23 B+Shooter

B+Shooter

Mate

• Crew Member
  • 58 posts
  • LocationKentucky

Posted 12 May 2015 - 09:19 AM

On the PD now.  I still keep my numbers current, but don't really do anything with them.

#24 davebcarr

davebcarr

Mate

• Crew Member
  • 89 posts
  • LocationKY

Posted 24 May 2015 - 07:14 AM

I just finished up orientation with Yellow last week so I'll have to get some ride time in before I'm released to pick up shifts. Which department are you with? LMPD?

#25 B+Shooter

B+Shooter

Mate

• Crew Member
  • 58 posts
  • LocationKentucky

Posted 25 May 2015 - 06:30 AM

Yes.

I'm guessing the PM feature only comes with Crew Leader membership? I hate derailing this thread.

#26 DeathwatchDoc

DeathwatchDoc

Salty Dog

• 1,936 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 25 May 2015 - 06:36 AM

Yes.

I'm guessing the PM feature only comes with Crew Leader membership? I hate derailing this thread.

That's correct, currently PMing is a feature restricted to Crew Leaders, Life Members, and Plank Owners.

Also... thread derailing is something of an ITS tradition. In fact some of the best discussions on ITS started as thread hijacks. It goes right up there with being an enabler as a core part of being a part of ITS.

Edited by DeathwatchDoc, 25 May 2015 - 06:37 AM.

• EMSWxSAR likes this

89BccLb.png

#27 B+Shooter

B+Shooter

Mate

• Crew Member
  • 58 posts
  • LocationKentucky

Posted 25 May 2015 - 06:37 AM

That's correct, currently PMing is a feature restricted to Crew Leaders, Life Members, and Plank Owners.

I should stop being a cheap bastard....

#28 DeathwatchDoc

DeathwatchDoc

Salty Dog

• 1,936 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 25 May 2015 - 06:38 AM

I should stop being a cheap bastard....

Honestly, if you use the discount codes Crew Leaders get access to, you can pay off the membership with a couple good purchases a year. 

• EMSWxSAR likes this

89BccLb.png

#29 B+Shooter

B+Shooter

Mate

• Crew Member
  • 58 posts
  • LocationKentucky

Posted 25 May 2015 - 07:01 AM

Honestly, if you use the discount codes Crew Leaders get access to, you can pay off the membership with a couple good purchases a year. 

That would destroy my plan to hold out for my gear to come back into style.  Just like the hipsters, eventually I'll be stylish in my ALICE gear and H harness again.  Woodland is the new Kryptek....

• DeathwatchDoc likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users