• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 ltcomp

ltcomp

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 11:25 AM

Guys,Just got my new pair of Fiveten Pursuit boots.  They are the first line of tactical fiveten boots.  For those of you that have not heard of fiveten they make rock climbing shoes and have now ventured into other types of shoes/boots.  One of the many great things about these boots is the Stealth Rubber Sole.  The soles have great grip and are non marking, just about perfect for building climbing.  I can't say enough about these boots.  I have owned OTBs, Merrells, Asolos, Oakleys.  These boots are far superior in quality, design and over all answering what I needed as an operator. Here is the link: http://www.fiveten.c.../74-pursuitHope this helpsTom 

#2 BAND-AID

BAND-AID

Mate

• Plank Owner
  • 88 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 01:13 PM

I have fiveten climbing shoes for the rock gym and they are the best I have ever had. I may have to try these out. However they look more like shoes than boots kinda  in between. How is the ankle support? I imagine they would be good for hiking. Thanks for the info!!

Edited by BAND-AID, 22 February 2010 - 09:14 PM.

Posted Image"invisible soles leave .308 holes"

#3 ltcomp

ltcomp

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 11:45 PM

Yeah they are a three quater high boot same fit as the orginal oakley assualt boots.  The ankel support is good for me as far as doing 5-10K offset infils and fast roping has not been a problem for them.  The last couiple of times I had to get up on top of a building they worked great.Take CareTom

#4 Iron Mike

Iron Mike

Life Member

• Plank Owner
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 09:19 AM

Thanks for the heads up! Looking at replacing my merrils soon and this just might be the ticket.
Posted Image"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace"

#5 BAND-AID

BAND-AID

Mate

• Plank Owner
  • 88 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 11:03 AM

I own three pair of Merrils and I love them, idk if they can be replaced.
Posted Image"invisible soles leave .308 holes"

#6 John

John

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 04:14 PM

I wear a pair of 510 Impact Lows on the regular. Super stable and comfortable for all day wear.I'll definitely be checking out the Pursuits and adding them to the short list.The new Urban Enforcer Low will have to come first though.
Posted Image

#7 9chase26

9chase26

Life Member

• Plank Owner
  • 60 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 06:58 AM

Those look nice.  Too bad I just bought these Lowa's in January.  Don't think I'll be replacing them any time soon.

PlankOwnerSignature.png "Vive la mort, vive la guerre, vive le sacre mercenaire"

#8 Trebec

Trebec

Life Member

• Plank Owner
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 10:46 AM

Those things look awesome. I may have to get a pair. How much were they?
Posted Image
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"- Edmund Burke

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users