• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#21 scrooks298

scrooks298

Salty Dog

• Crew Member
  • 165 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 03:13 PM

I hear Rocky Boots (S2V's) are great too.
Posted Image

#22 Matt_h

Matt_h

Mate

• Crew Leader
  • 77 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 03:30 PM

I have seen those, yet to try them.  I saw a lot of guys getting them for the Mtn phase of ranger school.  I have the Nike SFB and those are GREAT not the best for being in the mountains but just about any other place they are the best.  Rocky even made the C4T after the Nike boots did so well.
Posted Image

"Dream is if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today" - James Dean

#23 scrooks298

scrooks298

Salty Dog

• Crew Member
  • 165 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 03:40 PM

I found a place to get the Pen Flares and Ammo (the Ammo is wicked expensive) http://www.americans...lare_guns.html. Nike SFBs? is this your Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_n8J06fupmc?
Posted Image

#24 Matt_h

Matt_h

Mate

• Crew Leader
  • 77 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 03:58 PM

Oh that is a killer deal!  Thanks!!!
Posted Image

#25 Matt_h

Matt_h

Mate

• Crew Leader
  • 77 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 05:37 PM

Ok here is what I collected the past few days, I do not have a detailed list but you can see most of it.  Not included is what I already have in the IFAK on my vest, and a little cheap molle pouch that has some extra gauze, quickclot, etc.  I do need to find some more quick clot.   Everything below from all kind of band aids, individual eye wash to decompression needles and emergency stomach bandages.  The chem lights are blue and yellow, and I have a few IR ones. Posted Image
Posted Image

#26 Matt_h

Matt_h

Mate

• Crew Leader
  • 77 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 05:41 PM

scrooks298 said:

I found a place to get the Pen Flares and Ammo (the Ammo is wicked expensive) http://www.americans...lare_guns.html. Nike SFBs? is this your Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_n8J06fupmc?

I missed your comment on the video.  No that is not me but is a great video!  Yeah check out the Nike boots I LOVE mine.  I want to try the Rocky version next.
Posted Image

#27 scrooks298

scrooks298

Salty Dog

• Crew Member
  • 165 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 09:25 AM

Good job on the Abdominal Bandages, I completely forgot about those. Where did you get those USGI Cravats/Triangular Bandages? Also, have you looked into Compressed Gauze? (NAR is Best). It looks like that Kerlix is taking up an awful amount of room in your Pack. On the QuikClot, you can either buy it at Combat Medical Systems (the distributor on the back of the QuikClot Package), Tactical Medical Solutions (TMS) or you can get REALLY Cheap off Ebay. The Only Problem with the Ebay ones are that they are not definite or consistently there at great prices or large lots. The Nike's look cool, do you know where they are Made? I'm not "always buy American, because every other country sucks" but I just try not to buy from China and never buy from Pakistan. However, I know for a fact that our stuff will blow MOST other country's stuff out of the water and will support our workers and our economy.
Posted Image

#28 scrooks298

scrooks298

Salty Dog

• Crew Member
  • 165 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 09:31 AM

Snare Wire.
Posted Image

#29 Matt_h

Matt_h

Mate

• Crew Leader
  • 77 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 11:01 AM

The boots are made in China as most Nike stuff, but the quality I have had no issues with on them.  I do agree a lot of American made products are better quality more often than not.  Just sucks when companies in the US take advantage of that and charge WAY over the top because it is "made in America"   All of the med I got from being overseas right now.  I only have a few of the compressed gauze, would be nice to get more of them as they do take up a ton of room.  Thank you for the suggestions on the quick clot. 
Posted Image

#30 Archangel1

Archangel1

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 245 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 06:00 PM

scrooks298 said:

Snare Wire. 28 gauge brass wire

#31 Matt_h

Matt_h

Mate

• Crew Leader
  • 77 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 06:50 PM

Why do you recommend the brass wire?  Just curious
Posted Image

#32 Archangel1

Archangel1

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 245 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 07:54 AM

Matt_h said:

It doesn't rust.

#33 Matt_h

Matt_h

Mate

• Crew Leader
  • 77 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 09:12 AM

Archangel1 said:

Matt_h said:

It doesn't rust.

good point
Posted Image

#34 scrooks298

scrooks298

Salty Dog

• Crew Member
  • 165 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 09:26 AM

Great Idea Archangel1! I was curious on which Snare Wire was the best, until Now I was just using the Snare Wire in the Adventure Medical Kit's Pocket Survival Paks (and + Model). Do you know where I could pick some Brass Snare Wire Up? Also, check around on Ebay for USGI Snare Wire it's probably not AS good, BUT IT's CHEAP!). Great Post.
Posted Image

#35 Matt_h

Matt_h

Mate

• Crew Leader
  • 77 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 06:10 PM

I just found this online, to me seemed like a pretty good deal for 100ft. http://www.bestglide...snare_wire.html
Posted Image

#36 Archangel1

Archangel1

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 245 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 06:31 PM

I tried replying earlier but the website was acting weird.   I bought mine at either Orchard Supply or Home Depot.  Lowes and probably ACE hardware will carry the brass wire.  I don't think that I paid over about $5 for 100 ft.

#37 scrooks298

scrooks298

Salty Dog

• Crew Member
  • 165 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 08:57 AM

Great! Thanks Guys!
Posted Image

#38 Matt_h

Matt_h

Mate

• Crew Leader
  • 77 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 11:34 AM

Thank you guys for all your help!
Posted Image

#39 Archangel1

Archangel1

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 245 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 04:24 PM

You can still consider SS wire as an option but that may be more difficult to find.I have 24 guage galvanized wire in my tool box as well.  If you plan to stay put in one place, I suggest that you look into how to make a box trap.   Pretty easy to build and probably more effective than a snare.  I had two rabbits in my front yard this morning and plan to catch at least one of them over the coming weeks.  /wp-content/forum-smileys/icon_smile.gif

#40 Scuba CN

Scuba CN

Salty Dog

• Crew Member
  • 488 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 04:25 PM

If your looking for low-vis snare wire you could check out http://www.pyrocreat...etail/624/13356 . I've been thinking about getting it since it's 156ft of wire (green for low-vis and yellow for high-vis) already on a spool for $10.25, and they have a 12ga blank firing set-up if you want a perimeter alarm.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users