Photo

July – What's in Your Pockets Contest - Win an ITS Gift Certificate!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
30 replies to this topic

#1 Rob Henderson

Rob Henderson

Salty Dog

• Administrator
  • 346 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 06:48 AM

Starting today, we're running the What's in Your Pockets Contest for July! Please read the criteria below to get started. If you have previously posted your EDC, please re-submit it in this forum!We'll select an EDC based on only one criteria… Rule number one, always look good! Just kidding, we'll pick it based on being a functional and realistic EDC. This means it actually has to be what you carry in your pockets, not in a bag (as much as we want to see photos of your Discreet Messenger Bag.) Of course this is totally left open to our interpretation and that's why we'd like a brief description of what you're carrying too.To enter, simply post up your photo here with a brief description of your EDC. We'll look in on the submissions and pick someone every month to win. The winner's photo will be posted on the homepage of ITS Tactical along with the announcement.Since staff members are not eligible for the contest, we'll let Mike's EDC post kick this thread off! Posted Image Not pictured but carried depending on situation: Disclaimer: By posting your EDC Photo here in this post, you agree to allow us to display it in a post on the itstactical.com homepage if you win.

Edited by mikejulietpapa, 28 June 2012 - 03:56 AM.

Posted Image

#2 FlashBack

FlashBack

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 105 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 27 June 2012 - 08:06 AM

Posted Image Key Rings (2) and recently acquired mini-bic lighter are not in the pic.What's not "on my person" is in the mini-EDC-bag pictured in the upper left corner, which is obviuosly not "in my pocket" but it's always at hand. Handgun SR40 15+1 Extra mag(s) 15rds Critical Defense / DoubleTap / or Guard Dog notepad & pen flashlight Knives (3) small first aid kit (includes 2 razors) electrical tape batteries AA and AAA Advil lip balm coin holder wallet business card holder EDC pouch (6x4x3) Holds quite abit of these items Oh yeah…add my Samsung Phone to that mix…it's what I took the picture with.

Edited by FlashBack, 29 June 2012 - 06:01 AM.

Posted Image
Disarming Victims Doesn't Solve Crime.

#3 [email protected]

[email protected]

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 10:20 AM

Posted Image .Key Chain
  • Gerber BG mini multi tool
  • Kingston 8Gb Mini USB drive
  • LED light
  • Nite-ize bottle opener
  • Lanyard
 Spec-Ops Wallet
  • $40.00 cash
  • Utility blade wrapped with duct tape
  • Wallet size magnifier glass
  • Mini Titanium Bogota Toolset
  • Emergency mirror <- This is actually an old laptop hardrive that I took apart.  Woks great as an emergency signal mirror and its paper thin.
  • BIG lighter
  • Wrist Watch
  • Paracord Bracelet
  • Kershaw Blur knife
  • Streamlight ProTac – Attached with a small piece of paracord and a carabiner.  The flashlight kept falling off and I need it a way to make sure if it did I would not loose it.
  • Sun glasses
  • Iphone 4s
  • Leatherman tool with pouch
  • Mag-Lite Solitaire – fits where the additional screwdriver bits would go on the pouch
  • Small pen – fits where the additional screwdriver bits would go on the pouch
Special Apps on Iphone:
  • Medicinal Plants
  • Wild plant survival guide
  • HikeMate GPS
  • Knot Guide
  • ITriage
  • U.S. Army Survival

Edited by [email protected], 27 June 2012 - 10:38 AM.

#4 Teckomando

Teckomando

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 8 posts
  • LocationOgden, Utah

Posted 27 June 2012 - 11:08 AM

I have a suggestion.  Maybe you should require pictures of people carrying their EDC along with the pictures of the gear.  I think it would be hilarious to see some of these people actually carrying the 200lbs of EDC gear in their pictures.  Pictures of people wearing all of their gear would also be educational to see how some of these people manage to carry so much stuff every day. 
Robert D KD7OPI Stupid can be fatal. DON'T get any on you.

#5 Will Case

Will Case

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 11:42 AM

Posted ImageSpringfield XD .45 compact (not carried to work because I'm a teacher), 13 round magazine with grip extension, Leatherman, Chapstick, 2G thumb drive, Fossil Wallet with Paracord retention, Motorola prepaid phone, G2 Pen, Casio Illuminator watch, Foster Grant Bullpen sunglasses, Keys - includes Streamlight Nano, handcuff key,  and Paracord wrist restraints.

#6 [email protected]

[email protected]

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 12:02 PM

Teckomando said:

I have a suggestion.  Maybe you should require pictures of people carrying their EDC along with the pictures of the gear.  I think it would be hilarious to see some of these people actually carrying the 200lbs of EDC gear in their pictures.  Pictures of people wearing all of their gear would also be educational to see how some of these people manage to carry so much stuff every day. 

I think that a fantastic Idea.  I'll post my pics tomorrow

#7 FlashBack

FlashBack

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 105 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 27 June 2012 - 05:23 PM

All one would see is the top of my wallet/checkbook sticking out of my back pocket /wp-content/forum-smileys/icon_wink.gif
Posted Image
Disarming Victims Doesn't Solve Crime.

#8 mikejulietpapa

mikejulietpapa

Salty Dog

• Life Member
  • 719 posts
  • LocationDE

Posted 28 June 2012 - 04:26 AM

Teckomando said:

That's exactly why the items in my pic (first post) are so bare. Because that's truly what's in my pockets. I usually wear jeans but shorts will hold what I carry. Now... when I wear my Vertx pants, I'll carry things like encyclopedias and puppies. hahaha!Really though, I like the idea of seeing how some of these huge carriers actually carry their items. I could learn some things on how to carry extra stuff without it showing!

#9 MechLiHer

MechLiHer

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 06:17 AM

Posted ImageSo this is what I carry.First aid kit,CRKT Guppie with Spork,Leatherman (Blast),Mag-light,M-Tech 4in tanto pocket knife,Smith and Wesson CK5TBS 3.5 in. Combination tanto pocket knife,Wallet,Moleskin notebook,Keys,Zippo,Chapstick,Utility knife for work,Sharpie,Zune,Ear buds for Zune,BeltNot shown--Cell phone (used to take picture)

Edited by MechLiHer, 28 June 2012 - 06:30 AM.

#10 MechLiHer

MechLiHer

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 06:31 AM

Edited by MechLiHer, 28 June 2012 - 06:33 AM.

#11 Teckomando

Teckomando

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 8 posts
  • LocationOgden, Utah

Posted 28 June 2012 - 11:58 AM

mikejulietpapa said:

Really though, I like the idea of seeing how some of these huge carriers actually carry their items. I could learn some things on how to carry extra stuff without it showing!

Yeah, I've carried less on my sam brown while on duty than some of the pictures posted last month.  If they really do carry that much every day I have a lot more to learn (or more to fear).

#12 langston302

langston302

Mate

• Crew Leader
  • 74 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 01:55 PM

I really hate to carry too much crap…..this is my normal off duty rig…..to be fair I really try to disappear when I am off duty, I dont want to be seen, heard or anything.  If I have to act by God I will.....but for the most part I am just Johnny Normal.Posted Imagemy XD40 SC in my Crossbreed IWB with a spare mag.  (180 grn speer gold dots….) its a heavy and bulky muther....the Pistol not the holsterUsually my spyderco Ti Milli with a Ladybug.  Sharp, always sharpRomisen Cr123 Flashlight.  bright, reliable, cheap and long lastingEl Badgeo…….1907-2007 Oklahoma Statehood Centennial BadgeMy phone……..always my phone.my heavily worn/modded/painted piece of crap casio.  I love this watch.

Edited by langston302, 28 June 2012 - 02:11 PM.

Posted Image Posted Image

#13 GuardianEthos

GuardianEthos

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 13 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 28 June 2012 - 08:23 PM

Sorry guys, cant get the video to embed.  Any tips?

Edited by GuardianEthos, 29 June 2012 - 12:24 AM.

#14 [email protected]

[email protected]

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 04:59 AM

mikejulietpapa said:

Teckomando said:

That's exactly why the items in my pic (first post) are so bare. Because that's truly what's in my pockets. I usually wear jeans but shorts will hold what I carry. Now... when I wear my Vertx pants, I'll carry things like encyclopedias and puppies. hahaha!Really though, I like the idea of seeing how some of these huge carriers actually carry their items. I could learn some things on how to carry extra stuff without it showing!

What I listed is also all I carry.  It might look like a long list but I doesn't look bad at all when I wear jeans.

#15 mikejulietpapa

mikejulietpapa

Salty Dog

• Life Member
  • 719 posts
  • LocationDE

Posted 29 June 2012 - 08:21 AM

GuardianEthos said:

Sorry guys, cant get the video to embed.  Any tips?

Try this out… Go to your video on YouTube and click on "Share" then "Embed" and copy the "old embed" code (check the box for that). Bring it back to the forum and click on the HTML button (when you hover on it, it says Edit HTML Source).Paste it in and it should work!If you don't see the video appear after you save the post, refresh. Worst case, you can just leave us the link to watch your video. Let me know how this works out.Test: 

Edited by mikejulietpapa, 29 June 2012 - 08:25 AM.

#16 GuardianEthos

GuardianEthos

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 13 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 29 June 2012 - 09:21 AM

Hey everyone…figured a lot of people have been questioning some of the bigger EDCs, mine definitely qualifies, so here’s a short video showing mine. I will say that I was one of the ones that didn’t take to a strict interpretation of the contests title…instead I showed my normal EDC that is on my person, not in a bag. Also, I wear cargo pants on a daily basis as part of my work uniform.  However, we all own jeans, so that’s what I used to show how I do mine without the extra space on the legs.  (Yes, my EDC greatly lessens in dress clothing…GREATLY…and also based on legalities.) Posted Image WatchParacord BraceletBecker Remora KnifeKeys and more.Glock MagStreamlightMicrostreamMoneyclip, IDsLockpicksZippoGerber EAB LiteSwiss army tinkerChapstickVictorinox multitoolThrow away wallet – Pen, Tablet, Duct tape…Bandaids and pain meds in there too.Kershaw TremorCell phoneGlock 17 in a Bladetech Phantom Holster (Not chambered for the vid, for anyone that worries) PS…forgot to pull out my handcuff key…pinned inside the waistband. Not everyone like carrying this much, maybe I have just done it so long it doesn’t bother me, I’m one of those…”have it and not need it, than need it and not have it” types.  Just my mileage. /wp-content/forum-smileys/icon_biggrin.gif

Edited by GuardianEthos, 29 June 2012 - 09:24 AM.

#17 GuardianEthos

GuardianEthos

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 13 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 29 June 2012 - 09:27 AM

Success!  Thanks MJP for the help there.  If you'd like to delete the earlier post go ahead, no need for two on here.

#18 Teckomando

Teckomando

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 8 posts
  • LocationOgden, Utah

Posted 30 June 2012 - 08:27 AM

GuardianEthos, loved that video.  Well done sir.    

#19 mszafran

mszafran

Landlubber

• Crew Leader
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 12:55 PM

For an English perspective: Posted Image Black Maxpedition Micro Wallet with the usual cards and IDPaper money, usually about £30.Some loose change, about £5 today.Emerson CQC7, black blade with a combo edge.Luminox 3051 black out.Work ID in a brown leather Safron Hill wallet.Black oxide Leatherman Fuse multi-tool.Streamlight Microstream torch (flashlight to the American speakers /wp-content/forum-smileys/icon_smile.gif).Olive drab Columbia River Knife and Tool Tao pen.Titanium Bogota entry tool set lock picks.HTC Sensation phone.Olive green Bugatti neoprene phone case.Keyring:     Keys.     Swisstech Utili-key.     Black Diamond Micron accessory carabina.     Blue Traser keyring.     8GB Corsair Survivor, with TrueCrypt and KeePass installed.     Clog quickdraw extender.    Plenty of insulation tape used for gear marking (which has been used in emergencies before).

Edited by mszafran, 01 July 2012 - 12:56 PM.

/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/CrewLeaderSignature.png

#20 GuardianEthos

GuardianEthos

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 13 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 02 July 2012 - 04:30 AM

Teckomando said:

GuardianEthos, loved that video.  Well done sir.    

Hey thanks for the support, I'm glad you enjoyed it.  Thought the video would just help put some things into perspective.  I agree that its a lot of gear, and carrying it all is certainly not for everyone.  But it is possible, and I have grown accustomed to it.  I have actually tried to whittle it down before, and as soon as I do, I end up needing the item I just removed from my EDC and add it back in.  God forbid the contest asked for my bag or jacket carry./wp-content/forum-smileys/icon_eek.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users