• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Michael Adams

Michael Adams

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 10:55 AM

There are only three users on the forum as I type this and this forum is slow.  Is this a bandwidth issue or is it a result of the forum software used? I have not conducted any speed tests, I'm just comparing it to other similar forums and some multimedia websites. As this site begins to catch on and the membership grows, what is the plan to improve performance?I don't mean this post as a challenge to forum management. I like what I see here but the time it takes me to scan the forum is discouraging. I find that I don't visit as often because I'm frustrated with the page load delay. In fact, if I hadn't purchased a membership, I probably wouldn't even bother to let you know. I'd just move on.Thank you.MikePS: Thanks for removing the "math required" feature, the thread was locked before I could post my thanks.

#2 mikejulietpapa

mikejulietpapa

Salty Dog

• Life Member
  • 719 posts
  • LocationDE

Posted 27 February 2010 - 11:08 AM

Hey Mike, thanks for taking the time to share your concerns.  We really do appreciate it!Are you having a general "slowness" or is it on certain pages, threads with a high number of images or something specific?In the meantime, I will do some real testing myself and try and overwork the forum.Would you mind doing an Internet speedtest and posting your results?Go here: http://speakeasy.net/speedtest and pick the city closest to you. This will just help us get a basic idea of your Internet speed. Example: mine is 21.44 Mbs down and 5.73 Mbs up. (I love my Internet!)In regards to the "math required" thread, you're welcome!  Oh, and I don't think it's locked, I think I just wrote "CLOSED" on it so we could see open topics at glance.  I want to leave them unlocked in case someone has a comment like yours or even if a specific problem arose because of our "solution."

#3 Michael Adams

Michael Adams

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 12:24 PM

Thanks Mike.Where I have the most delay is in loading the main forum page and then as I explore each subforum. There's also a lag when I'm typing a post.BTW: 12.80 Down and 4.30 Up (Your internet is good!)

#4 mikejulietpapa

mikejulietpapa

Salty Dog

• Life Member
  • 719 posts
  • LocationDE

Posted 27 February 2010 - 01:33 PM

I may have found some performance info for the forum and we'll let you know what we find.  Hopefully we can get this fixed and sped up soon!

#5 Centurion

Centurion

Mate

• Plank Owner
  • 69 posts
  • LocationTwin Cities Metro Area, MN

Posted 08 March 2010 - 04:33 PM

Just to chime in, I've noticed this issue as well. I can be surfing the net and pages are loading at a typical speed; everything is nice and smooth. Then I come to the ITS forum and it seems slow, bogged down, and kind of choppy. Not complaining, just wanted to let you guys know. /wp-content/forum-smileys/icon_smile.gif
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users