• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Christian Noe

Christian Noe

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 09:24 PM

Hello everyone. I am heading on a trip to Arkansas in maby jan or feb for about 3 to 4 days in the back country. I'm taking my fast pack EDC with me in this on this one. I was looking for some insight on what to pack. I'm trying to get an ultralight set up but I don't mind weight at the same time. For shelter I have been looking at eno hammocks and rain flys because they are rather light and packable. I have been looking for a good sleeping bag or something like that along with all the other goodies such as stoves and what not. Basicly I'm lOoking for recommendations for a ultralight setup for this Pack.Thanks guys for any help!!

#2 jinx667

jinx667

Life Member

• Plank Owner
  • 365 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:52 PM

For UL, IMO, do not take your TAD pack.  I have both the TAD EDC and LiteSPeed, and when I go camping/backpacking I use a GoLite Jam.   For shelter I use the Lightheart Gear Solo Cuben, it is very expensive, but the do make a SilNy version.  Big Agnes makes some nice, light tents as well.  A hammock will work as long as you always have trees to anchor it too.  Here on the west coast that can be an issue. I use a MontBell sleeping bag I picked up for about $100 on sale.  It is down, weighs one pound and is rated to 30F. Also, remember that 4 days of food will be fairly heavy.  On a 4 day trip, the food, water and bear vault make up almost half my total pack weight.   For a stove, I use a Evernew alcohol stove and a Titanium cooking/drinking cup.  For 4 days I would take about 12oz of fuel.  I seem to average about 1 oz of fuel per meal. There are websites that can give you a TON of information on lightweight backpacking. I am by no means super UL, but my 4 day trip total pack weight is about 23lbs with food, bear vault and 2 liters of water.  Better than my pack weight of nearly 50lbs 2 years ago.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users