25 replies to this topic

#1 Rob Henderson

Rob Henderson

Salty Dog

• Administrator
  • 346 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 01:47 PM

Hey Guys,

Welcome to the new forum! Many of you have probably experienced a ton of great new features that have been added. We managed to get almost everything transferred over from the last forum with only a few hiccups.

Those of you that are having issues with your signature can follow these few steps to get them resolved.

1 - If your signature is showing up with text such as "/wp-content/xxxx/xxxx," you'll need to go to the edit option for your signature.
2 - Click on the Image button (blue box with a tree inside) and before the first "/" enter "http://www.itstactical.com" (No Quotes)
3 - Click save to finish. Your Signature should be displaying properly now.

Please note: Paid members (Life Members, Plank Owners and Crew Leaders) are able to add up to three lines in their signature so if your signature is more than three lines, you may need to do some combining or editing.

If you're still having issues with your signature, post a reply in this topic and we'll take a look at your profile and see if we can get it worked out!
Posted Image

#2 Kenny

Kenny

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 137 posts
  • LocationWatauga, TX

Posted 16 October 2012 - 06:51 AM

When I try to follow the "edit option" link, it takes me to a page that says I do not have permission for that.
Posted Image

"Semper Fidelis - Always Faithful. Semper Erectus - Always Hard"

#3 Rob Henderson

Rob Henderson

Salty Dog

• Administrator
  • 346 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:04 AM

When I try to follow the "edit option" link, it takes me to a page that says I do not have permission for that.

Hey Kenny,

We're in the process of getting all of the Crew Leader permissions set correctly and yours hadn't been upgraded yet. I've got your permissions set for you and I went ahead and fixed your signature too.

Let me know if you have any other questions or issues! Thanks for your support and patience!
Posted Image

#4 Kenny

Kenny

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 137 posts
  • LocationWatauga, TX

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:25 AM

Rob, Out-frakking-standing. Thank you for being "Johnny on the spot"
Posted Image

"Semper Fidelis - Always Faithful. Semper Erectus - Always Hard"

#5 TOM1911

TOM1911

Landlubber

• Crew Leader
  • 18 posts
  • LocationN/E Florida

Posted 11 November 2012 - 11:17 AM

Similar problems here as well. No avatar and no sig in the forum... unable to address the problems.
Posted Image 

#6 Stevequatt51

Stevequatt51

Swabbie

• Crew Leader
  • 34 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida, USA

Posted 22 December 2012 - 09:05 AM

I can't get/find where the signature even is and avatar is not working...I'm on an iPad, could that be part of the issue. It also says I don't have permissions.

Edited by Stevequatt51, 22 December 2012 - 09:07 AM.

Posted Image
“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.” George Orwell

#7 Davis

Davis

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,341 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 22 December 2012 - 10:55 AM

I can't get/find where the signature even is and avatar is not working...I'm on an iPad, could that be part of the issue. It also says I don't have permissions.

If you go to your forum profile at the top right corner you can select "edit my profile" from there you should see a menu on on the right that has "signature" as an option, click on that and there you can set a custom signature line.
Also I just tried this on my iPad and it seems to be slightly limited but the options are still there.

Ir2fdXw.png?1

Put good in, get good out. 

#8 eagledesigncorp

eagledesigncorp

Mate

• Crew Member
  • 54 posts
  • LocationRhode Island

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:06 PM

Hi Rob
I to am having the signature problems. if i use your link it sayts i dont have permission and if i go to my profile i cant even find anywher to add/change signature. not really a huge deal but when you get a chance, it would be nice to add the crew leader signature and maybe some text
Posted Image
So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart......Sing your death song and die like a hero going home.

#9 Rob Henderson

Rob Henderson

Salty Dog

• Administrator
  • 346 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:44 PM

Hi eagle,

I've got your account updated for you so you should be able to get your signature set up correctly now!
Posted Image

#10 iExpresso

iExpresso

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 307 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:11 PM

Hello Rob,

i'm having signature issues. my signature has not showed up in any of my recent posts. i havent changed anything other than while troubleshooting the signature problem today i clicked to edit to check to see if it was still there. my signature is correct on my edit profile section but still doesnt show up. please advise

thanks in advance,

J

Posted Image

"Any questions, comments, gripes, bitches, or complaints? Well, I will address them in order of the amount of fucks given. Thanks and I don't give a shit how the rest of your day is." 1SG Kirkland

#11 iExpresso

iExpresso

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 307 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:12 PM

Hello Rob,

i'm having signature issues. my signature has not showed up in any of my recent posts. i havent changed anything other than while troubleshooting the signature problem today i clicked to edit to check to see if it was still there. my signature is correct on my edit profile section but still doesnt show up. please advise

thanks in advance,

J

never mind... lol

it is working again

Posted Image

"Any questions, comments, gripes, bitches, or complaints? Well, I will address them in order of the amount of fucks given. Thanks and I don't give a shit how the rest of your day is." 1SG Kirkland

#12 eagledesigncorp

eagledesigncorp

Mate

• Crew Member
  • 54 posts
  • LocationRhode Island

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:21 AM

thanks rob. you guys are awesome here
Posted Image
So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart......Sing your death song and die like a hero going home.

#13 Sniper

Sniper

Landlubber

• Crew Leader
  • 4 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 30 November 2013 - 10:19 PM

I am probably missing something, but I can't figure out where to set up my signature. I keep getting the message I'm not authorized in that area.

#14 mike2468

mike2468

Mate

• Crew Leader
  • 76 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 03:10 AM

I am probably missing something, but I can't figure out where to set up my signature. I keep getting the message I'm not authorized in that area.

Me too, I have no idea how to get the crew leader signature pic in. Well I just don't you where the info is to copy into the signature part.

Tu7wwUX_zps4005c234.png

Strive to be a leader of Character, Competence, and Courage

#15 kf4lhp

kf4lhp

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 22 posts
  • LocationSoutheast Tennessee

Posted 14 December 2013 - 07:42 PM

Me too, I have no idea how to get the crew leader signature pic in. Well I just don't you where the info is to copy into the signature part.

I had to do some searching, but here 'tis...

http://www.itstactic...erSignature.png

“A wrong decision is better than indecision.”

Posted Image

#16 mike2468

mike2468

Mate

• Crew Leader
  • 76 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 11:27 AM

Thank you! I appreciate the help.

Tu7wwUX_zps4005c234.png

Strive to be a leader of Character, Competence, and Courage

#17 Gomer

Gomer

Landlubber

• Crew Leader
  • 24 posts
  • LocationDavenport, Iowa

Posted 07 January 2014 - 02:37 AM

Signature Test

Never, Never, Never Give Up.-Winston Churchill

CrewLeaderSignature.png

#18 Gomer

Gomer

Landlubber

• Crew Leader
  • 24 posts
  • LocationDavenport, Iowa

Posted 07 January 2014 - 02:38 AM

Got it! Thanks Rob!

Never, Never, Never Give Up.-Winston Churchill

CrewLeaderSignature.png

#19 hcm004

hcm004

Mate

• Crew Member
  • 63 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 06:21 PM

I noticed today that I still have the "Plank Owner" signature.  Now that I am not a plank owner anymore, it seems inappropriate.  When I went to change it, I discovered I did not have sufficient permissions. Could a moderator please remove it?  Thanks.

#20 Rob Henderson

Rob Henderson

Salty Dog

• Administrator
  • 346 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 09:16 AM

Hi hcm,

Thanks for reaching out about the signature, we've got it removed for you.

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: signature, not, displaying

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users