81 replies to this topic

#61 DStevenson

DStevenson

Salty Dog

• 1,869 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:33 PM

What did Costa have to say about ammo?

I don't have the email still but pretty much nothing useful. It wasn't Chris that responded but a representative and she essentially just said they know of the shortage and there is little they can do and that they are working toward a solution.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." Benjamin Franklin

5399202523_bd1cb04e2e_o.png

#62 Nathan Neff

Nathan Neff

Swabbie

• Crew Member
  • 29 posts
  • LocationRockwall, TX

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:47 PM

Well that blows. You would think PNW would be trying to do something seeing as that is the ammo he recommends for his and Haley's classes but I haven't heard a peep out of them.
"I'm a big fan of face shooting, there is nothing on earth human or wild beast that cannot be easily swayed by a well placed face shot."
crew leader.jpg

#63 DStevenson

DStevenson

Salty Dog

• 1,869 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:07 PM

A crying shame.
I had to cancel my attendance for this class today and I've never been so disappointed to miss out on a training class in my life.

I have been planning this trip for nearly a year and I intentionally held out on the second half of my ammo (about 1k rounds of 5.56) because at the time there wasn't any hurry. Ammo was readily available and I figured I had plenty of time to shop. Well that procrastination as bit me in the ass and now because of that I am stuck waiting for this ammo shortage to end.
I have had opportunities to purchase some 5.56 at $800.00 per 1k but that is a ridiculous price and I refuse to cow tow to their price gouging.
I had a line on .223 ammo at $570.00 but I set my personal limit at $500.00 (to which I also consider ridiculous) and I had to stick to my guns (no pun intended).

So with that said I have a closet full of everything I need for this class but fall shy on ammo by just a small margin, in hindsight such a minor purchase.

I apologize to slinkwc2k as I was really looking forward to meeting and training with him.

Once the prices return to a "normal" level I fully expect to start this whole rodeo again.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." Benjamin Franklin

#64 LongHaul

LongHaul

Life Member

• 750 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:12 PM

DStevenson, that is one of the most disappointing things I've heard in a long time. I hope that prices return to normal and you can attend the course soon.
  • Davis likes this

15192964064_247b8d6ceb.jpg

artwork courtesy of a good friend on the forums!

#65 Davis

Davis

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,341 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:14 PM

Stevenson, I was just getting ready to post and ask you if you found the ammo or not. But then my email went off and I read your post... I'm not gonna lie, my heart sank a bit. It is an absolute shame that thanks to the total morons in politics, idiot citizens that are uneducated, and a couple mentally deranged lunatics that you have to miss out on this awesome training opportunity.
  • LongHaul likes this

Ir2fdXw.png?1

Put good in, get good out. 

#66 Rocketman_87

Rocketman_87

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 204 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 12:23 AM

My jaw dropped a little when I read that you had to cancel. Sorry to hear that brother.

#67 slinkwc2k

slinkwc2k

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 15 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:52 PM

A crying shame.
I had to cancel my attendance for this class today and I've never been so disappointed to miss out on a training class in my life.

I have been planning this trip for nearly a year and I intentionally held out on the second half of my ammo (about 1k rounds of 5.56) because at the time there wasn't any hurry. Ammo was readily available and I figured I had plenty of time to shop. Well that procrastination as bit me in the ass and now because of that I am stuck waiting for this ammo shortage to end.
I have had opportunities to purchase some 5.56 at $800.00 per 1k but that is a ridiculous price and I refuse to cow tow to their price gouging.
I had a line on .223 ammo at $570.00 but I set my personal limit at $500.00 (to which I also consider ridiculous) and I had to stick to my guns (no pun intended).

So with that said I have a closet full of everything I need for this class but fall shy on ammo by just a small margin, in hindsight such a minor purchase.

I apologize to slinkwc2k as I was really looking forward to meeting and training with him.

Once the prices return to a "normal" level I fully expect to start this whole rodeo again.

Likewise, I was looking forward to training with you as well. Ouch, I must say I feel ill that you had to cancel because of ammo availability. Nobody saw this coming, so don't beat yourself up too much. If you paid half the cost to reserve your seat, maybe you could have waited a couple more weeks before cancelling? I don't think I could have cancelled so quick; AIM surplus might get a shipment of Wolf 223 in the next couple weeks, who knows? Not questioning your call, just wish that it were in the cards for you. If anyone's interested, I'll be willing to do an AAR writeup of the class. I wonder how many people will actually be there now...

#68 DStevenson

DStevenson

Salty Dog

• 1,869 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:46 PM

I gave myself a couple deadlines and technically could have waited another week or so but I just don't see a solution anytime soon.
I am already picking through the classes for Handgun Employment but it just won't be the same.

#69 Highwaystreets

Highwaystreets

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 152 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:40 AM

That sucks dude! It seems like your ammo price and availability is even worse then up here in Canada. $800 for 1k is just shocking. However your guns are still much cheaper then ours so maybe we could work on a swap? Haha.

But in all honesty I hope you can get into another course in the future

#70 DStevenson

DStevenson

Salty Dog

• 1,869 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 11 April 2013 - 04:04 PM

I already have one lined up.
Still pending but there is an end of April class closer to me with Haley Strategic that may work out. Without the added cost of fuel and hotel stays it may even out.

I really look forward to hearing from Slinkwc2k to hear how his experience went in the class... I was seriously bummed not to be able to train with him.

#71 Psybain

Psybain

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,674 posts
  • LocationSE AZ

Posted 11 April 2013 - 04:42 PM

Let me know how the hsp class goes, I'd love to train with him sometime.

35066390514_66d1ce57b5_z.jpg
As Seen on: M4Carbine.net, GlockTalk, and NCGO.

#72 Highwaystreets

Highwaystreets

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 152 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 07:18 PM

Yah I've heard very good things about hayley courses so I think that should be good as well.

#73 slinkwc2k

slinkwc2k

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 15 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh

Posted 17 April 2013 - 09:53 AM

I already have one lined up.
Still pending but there is an end of April class closer to me with Haley Strategic that may work out. Without the added cost of fuel and hotel stays it may even out.

I really look forward to hearing from Slinkwc2k to hear how his experience went in the class... I was seriously bummed not to be able to train with him.

Less than a week to go, and I'm getting psyched! The weather looks interesting for Southington next week, possibly some snow?!?! Stay tuned...

#74 DStevenson

DStevenson

Salty Dog

• 1,869 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:05 AM

I'm pretty excited for you!
So the Costa thin didn't plan out like I had hoped, and I'm really bummed I won't be able to meet up with you but everything looks like it is in line for the Haley Strategic class that same week closer to me here in Michigan.

Fingers crossed. Pending one more web job payment.

#75 DStevenson

DStevenson

Salty Dog

• 1,869 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 22 April 2013 - 07:10 AM

I can't say I envied your weather slinkwc2k, hopefully they kept you warm with the class.
I can't wait to hear some of the details.

#76 slinkwc2k

slinkwc2k

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 15 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh

Posted 22 April 2013 - 01:35 PM

Truck is packed and tomorrow's the day! Waking up at 05:00 to drive the 2 hours for the 07:30 start time. I talked with a buddy last night that just took the handgun class. Needless to say, nothing but positive reports! I'm ready to have Chris yell at me and rib me for my gear (I'm sure he'll find something of mine "Mickey-Moused").

#77 LongHaul

LongHaul

Life Member

• 750 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 26 April 2013 - 01:05 PM

We'd love to hear how it all went!

15192964064_247b8d6ceb.jpg

artwork courtesy of a good friend on the forums!

#78 slinkwc2k

slinkwc2k

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 15 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh

Posted 06 May 2013 - 02:05 PM

AAR coming very soon!

#79 DStevenson

DStevenson

Salty Dog

• 1,869 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 06 May 2013 - 04:02 PM

Slinkwc2k, do you have access to PM in the forums? (It may be restricted to Crew Leaders).
I have a question to ask about your class that kind of made me question some of Travis's motives.

#80 slinkwc2k

slinkwc2k

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 15 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:44 AM

Slinkwc2k, do you have access to PM in the forums? (It may be restricted to Crew Leaders).
I have a question to ask about your class that kind of made me question some of Travis's motives.

It says I don't have permission to do PMs...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Costa Ludus, Chris Costa, Training, Enhanced Carbine Employement

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users