Photo

GORUCK Training (post everything GORUCK here)

• Please log in to reply
113 replies to this topic

#101 CFB67

CFB67

Mate

• Crew Leader
  • 71 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 07:49 AM

I know it's last minute, but have a few Free spots for any ITS members. All Branches Special Operations Heavy. A GORUCK custom event to Honor fallen 10th SFG(A) SSG Robert Pirelli KIA August 15th, 2007 in Diyala Province, Iraq.
https://www.facebook...56303401163646/

• SwatDawg335 likes this
Posted Image

#102 SwatDawg335

SwatDawg335

Salty Dog

• Life Member
  • 452 posts
  • LocationLand of 10,000 Lakes

Posted 10 August 2015 - 08:39 AM

Damn!  A free heavy!  I really wish I was closer, and make this happen for sure.  Hope you guys have a great turnout.   That's a stacked list of Cadre right there.

• CFB67 likes this

NoTMZyB.png

#103 CFB67

CFB67

Mate

• Crew Leader
  • 71 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 09:42 AM

Damn!  A free heavy!  I really wish I was closer, and make this happen for sure.  Hope you guys have a great turnout.   That's a stacked list of Cadre right there.

Thanks, I've had a lot of drops, thus the open slots. 8 SOF cadre for 24+ hours on the ocean...what could go wrong?

Posted Image

#104 SwatDawg335

SwatDawg335

Salty Dog

• Life Member
  • 452 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 12:11 PM

I'm training up to the 9/11 HCL in Chicago.  That would be the perfect event to get my head right too.  Any chance you've got free plane tix, and shuttle transportation?  I'd happily pay for my meals (only seems fair after all).

NoTMZyB.png

#105 CFB67

CFB67

Mate

• Crew Leader
  • 71 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 12:22 PM

I'm training up to the 9/11 HCL in Chicago.  That would be the perfect event to get my head right too.  Any chance you've got free plane tix, and shuttle transportation?  I'd happily pay for my meals (only seems fair after all).

there are people coming from Chi Town

Posted Image

#106 Appattack

Appattack

Mate

• Life Member
  • 98 posts
  • LocationLake Tahoe, NV

Posted 17 August 2015 - 12:44 PM

Someone asked about Ascent and the other expeditions. Here's what I've heard straight from various Cadre's mouths recently:

Ascent: NOT dead, will continue to do them in CO. They are also open to doing some on the west coast (they just need 14'ers).

Beached: NOT dead. That's all I know.

Trek: DEAD for now, but they do plan on bringing it back once or twice a year even if they lose money on it (which they always have). Vegas sounds like it'll be the event home.

Navigator: Their 'go to' right now. They've been using this event as a field test of sorts for other future events.

Jedburgh: Can't tell you about it. But it exists and it's fun. Check your local regional FB page for upcoming customs.

NOGOA (No One Gets Out Alive): There's only been a couple. Custom only. More are happening.

They are also working on an event called "Traverse" that they want to beta next year. Summary: Olympic mountains in NW WA state. Start at one end and traverse the entire range to the other end on foot. Possibly 5 days. There may be a PT requirement such as completion of a Heavy PT test within 6 months (though not necessarily completion of a Heavy).

They may do a "Bug Out" 24hr type event as well where you will learn how to bug out and/or test your bug out bag.

Muster 2, GR Challenges 840/1036, Navigator 006

#107 Appattack

Appattack

Mate

• Life Member
  • 98 posts
  • LocationLake Tahoe, NV

Posted 17 August 2015 - 01:11 PM

Also, an event called "Shadow Wars" has two tentative dates for next year...... A GR styled tour of Washington DC covering the legit spy activities from the past.

#108 SwatDawg335

SwatDawg335

Salty Dog

• Life Member
  • 452 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 02:12 PM

Any word on Kids events?  I remember seeing a mention of them around the time they released the first teaser about the Kidruck packs.

NoTMZyB.png

#109 CFB67

CFB67

Mate

• Crew Leader
  • 71 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 10:06 AM

The Pirelli ABSOH

https://video-lga1-1...37a&oe=55DCB50D

Edited by CFB67, 25 August 2015 - 10:07 AM.

Posted Image

#110 Appattack

Appattack

Mate

• Life Member
  • 98 posts
  • LocationLake Tahoe, NV

Posted 06 September 2015 - 03:24 PM

CFB, that had to have been a brutal event!

#111 SwatDawg335

SwatDawg335

Salty Dog

• Life Member
  • 452 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 10:23 AM

ECk19KQ.jpg?1

Well, I made it.  Chicago 9/11 HCL complete. There were 50+ people who started the Heavy.  We memorialized 9/11 in a proper way.  Had a solid welcome party at the Chicago Fire Academy that included assenting 110 flights of stairs (same number as WTC), with our rucks and necessary fire-fighting tools while being graciously cooled off by Cadre with fire hoses.  PT test followed, under the spray of said fire hose, of course.  In all, we spent the first 3+ hours getting our tails kicked before we set out on our 12 mile ruck march.  From there, it was good livin' as you can imagine.  Along the way we completed a total of 1980 mountain climbers (same number of steps as WTC).  We also used a bull-horn to read off the names of every first responder and civilian killed that day as we continued to move throughout the city.

There were 10 members of the Heavy team who returned for the Challenge event.  It was a miserable experience.  Low 50's, windy, rainy, and pretty good waves crashing the shore of Lake Michigan.  There was no fun to be had at all during that event.  My wonderful wife did jump in to help see me through the Challenge, and the Light.  So she got to share in the misery a bit.  Eight of us finished the Challenge.  All eight finished the Light as well.  

I was awake from 0600 Thursday morning until 2100 hours Saturday night (with the exception of a 45 minute nap Friday night before the Challenge).  It was without question the most mentally and physically draining experience of my life.  There were some really, really dark moments during the Challenge.  Really hope I don't find myself in that state of mind again any time soon.  But I made it out the other side, and I'm better for it.

• mangeface, CrazyD and OldYeoman like this

NoTMZyB.png

#112 Appattack

Appattack

Mate

• Life Member
  • 98 posts
  • LocationLake Tahoe, NV

Posted 16 September 2015 - 03:01 PM

Ousttanding work SwatDawg!..... You are a brave soul. Every story I ever hear about HCL's (or the infamous LCH) makes them sound even worse than before :-)

#113 johnnny13

johnnny13

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 2 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 18 September 2015 - 08:46 AM

I was looking to do the Mogadishu Mile in October but got extended on my deployment. I'm planning on dragging a friend the the Veterans Day event in November. Now we just have to decide if it's going to be Santa Cruz, LA, or San Francisco.

I was planning on the Mog Mile in California but my deployment also got extended. I will be doing the Challenge in Seattle for Veteran's day. It gives me about two days at home before I head up there.

#114 OldYeoman

OldYeoman

Landlubber

• Crew Leader
  • 20 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 06 November 2015 - 03:17 PM

Well, after doing the Light in June, I finally managed to get myself onto a Challenge. Pretty decent location for it, all things considered...

rome-2015-colluseum.jpg

Bit of a contrast to the big class we had in France - 13 signed up, but only 7 showed. Worked pretty well in terms of working as a team, and all but one were GRTs, which helped. Some of the coupons seemed to be sized for more people however! So, between lessons on Roman infantry tactics outside the Colosseum, PT in a couple of fountains (the Trevi was closed for repair unfortunately), the usual curious local police officers, two logs, and one (particularly brutal) slab of stone, we worked together and got it done.

rome-2015-cap.jpg

• Appattack likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users