Photo

Flashlight help for a buddy on a budget.

flashlight torch light

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
22 replies to this topic

#21 Chris Anders

Chris Anders

Swabbie

• Crew Leader
  • 39 posts
  • LocationGranite Falls, NC

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:32 PM

I can't say enough good things about Fenix and Streamlight. Both companies make excellent products that are tough and in my opinion affordable. They are just as good if not better than surefire or some of the other over priced tough lights out there. Seriously do your research and find a store near you so you an see the models in person for size comaparrison. What I love about Fenix is that they have so many different flashlights, whether you want one that runs cr123 liths or one that will run on easy to find AAs, they have you covered. I have carried the streamlight sidewinder compact on my helmet while in Afganistan. This light rocks and gives your red, blue, white, IR, strobe, and different brightness settings all in a small package that runs on one cr123. Most Fenix flashlights also have strobe, SOS mode, and several brightness settings that some surefire and others lack.

Keep in mind that I have never sprung for a surefire and kind of refuse to because I am so pleased with Fenix and Streamlight's quality.

Edited by Chris Anders, 31 October 2013 - 05:35 PM.

Nunquam non parati

CrewLeaderSignature.png

#22 tonydimattes

tonydimattes

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 December 2015 - 04:17 AM

Hi,

I also have some nice suggestion, your friend can try XCESS -1200 tactical flashlight it is one of the most economical and durable flash lights that I have used up till now. 

Besides, you can even try XCESS 550 LUMEN or ASTRO flash lights, they are slight costlier than the XCESS -1200, but they are very durable with additional features also. 

Inova%20XS%20AAA%20Powered%20Flashlight_

#23 flashlightsolutions

flashlightsolutions

Mate

• Crew Member
  • 63 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 07:26 AM

stay away from these, unless you want to throw money on the air.

All their lights are rebraned budget chinese lights sold 2-3 times more.

i.e. the Orion and Halo are the generic ultrafire C8 model.

this is what it is sold for

http://www.banggood....flashlight.html

and this is the uber C8 version (with many esoteric flashaholic features)

http://www.mtnelectr...&product_id=110

• spenceman likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: flashlight, torch, light

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users