9 replies to this topic

#1 adamgdbt

adamgdbt

Life Member

• Crew Leader
  • 20 posts
  • LocationTwin Cities, MN

Posted 20 December 2012 - 06:09 PM

Any one taken any courses around the metro? Recomendations?

#2 SwatDawg335

SwatDawg335

Salty Dog

• Life Member
  • 452 posts
  • LocationLand of 10,000 Lakes

Posted 26 December 2012 - 06:24 PM

What kind of training are you looking for? I get to a lot of law enforcement related training, but there's all kinds of stuff out there for whatever kind of knowledge you seek. Anything in particular that piques your interest?

NoTMZyB.png

#3 adamgdbt

adamgdbt

Life Member

• Crew Leader
  • 20 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:24 AM

Yeah I guess I could have been more specific. Right now I am looking for handgun training, I have a tour scheduled with Sealed Mindset in New Hope. Im not in law enforcement so I dont get to take those, although I would love to some my buddy takes sound really interesting. It would also be nice to get a discussion going on here about any training in general that people have taken in MN. Share good, bad etc.

#4 SwatDawg335

SwatDawg335

Salty Dog

• Life Member
  • 452 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:21 AM

ok, so now it's time to get even more specific... What kind of handgun training are you looking for? Are you familiar with handguns already? Or are you looking for general exposure training to start out? What's your level of proficiency with handguns at this point? That's going to speak most directly to the kind of training that you'll need to seek out.

NoTMZyB.png

#5 adamgdbt

adamgdbt

Life Member

• Crew Leader
  • 20 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:18 AM

I am familiar with handguns but that said I learned from family. And I guess I dont have much to compair myself to. So maybe an intermediate level?

#6 SwatDawg335

SwatDawg335

Salty Dog

• Life Member
  • 452 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:39 PM

You could check out A&S Training. They do a lot of LE training, but also have civilian training courses as well.

http://www.aandstrai....com/index.html

I attended their basic swat operator course a few years back, it was fantastic. We've also had the lead instructor down at our office before to do some product demos. Great people and great training. I'm not sure if the schedule of courses on their page is up to date for 2013. It may not hurt to call them to confirm that those dates aren't actually for 2012. Let me know how it works out for you. Have fun!

NoTMZyB.png

#7 adamgdbt

adamgdbt

Life Member

• Crew Leader
  • 20 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:48 AM

Sounds good I will look into it. Thanks.

#8 Arust

Arust

Landlubber

• Crew Leader
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 October 2016 - 11:21 AM

So again, I'm new to the forums, but while this thread looks like it's gone silent I have a similar question, so thought I'd repost instead of doing a new one.

I'm interested in getting basic tactical life saving training in the Minneapolis area.  Has anyone else done that? through who?  I've tried searching and the closest I've found is over in Wisconsin.  Stuff like how to apply a tourniquet, chest vent, etc.

Any thoughts or help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

#9 Caradoc

Caradoc

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 October 2016 - 05:20 AM

I have heard good things, but have not taken any of the classes through Dark Angel Medical. 

It looks like they have a class coming up in March in Medford, MN that would fit your description. 

http://darkangelmedi...com/march-2017/

Otherwise I know in the past the MN GunTalk forums have had tactical life saving type trainings listed in the their training forums, mostly through John Farnham if I recall. 

Edited by Caradoc, 10 October 2016 - 05:21 AM.

#10 Arust

Arust

Landlubber

• Crew Leader
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 October 2016 - 11:10 AM

Awesome, thanks for the recommendation.  I'll check them out.

Sorry for my slow response, again, new to forums.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users