• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#41 PJMonteiro

PJMonteiro

Landlubber

• Crew Leader
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:04 AM

Looks great! I was watching something online about BOBs and Get home bags and they made a good point. If you had to abandon your vehicle and had to go by foot (god forbid), would you be able to carry the entire thing? If you couldn't, what would be the most important in your opinion? And btw, I love the rifle! I was looking at getting one soon.

#42 H46USNAC

H46USNAC

Swabbie

• Crew Member
  • 41 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:48 PM

Looks great! I was watching something online about BOBs and Get home bags and they made a good point. If you had to abandon your vehicle and had to go by foot (god forbid), would you be able to carry the entire thing? If you couldn't, what would be the most important in your opinion? And btw, I love the rifle! I was looking at getting one soon.

PJ,

Yes, I could certainly carry the entire thing. However, the way that I have things currently set up ( clothes in bag that I would want to change into that are better suited for hiking, better quality boots to change into, water to add to my pack that is currently in the vehicle, pry bar to grab, etc... ) I would need about 15 minutes to be ready to depart the vehicle. If I absolutely had to grab and go, I would grab the get home bag and the HPG Kit Bag, and cold weather clothing if the season dictates it as they sit together in the vehicle. The rest is nice to have stuff if I have the luxury of time to get it.
A man who wants to do something will find a way; a man who doesn't will find an excuse.

#43 Probablytaken

Probablytaken

Mate

• Crew Leader
  • 90 posts
  • LocationSalt Lake City, UT

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:00 PM

H46USNAC,

I just noticed that on your straps you have some devices that hold the extra webbing in place and out of the way. I was wondering where you found these as I have been having issues with spare strap hanging down off my pack when I cinch everything down on my Falcon II holding my First Aid kit.

They look like just the thing I need.

Thanks.

Edit:

I just did some searching and noticed that Maxpedition makes Web Dominators. I assume that is what those are?

Edited by Probablytaken, 20 January 2013 - 08:01 PM.

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream.
It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan
Posted Image

#44 Dirty

Dirty

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 7 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:44 PM

I just did some searching and noticed that Maxpedition makes Web Dominators. I assume that is what those are?

Yeah they're Web Dominators. I'd recommend buying a couple of packs because they are highly useful.

#45 Probablytaken

Probablytaken

Mate

• Crew Leader
  • 90 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:55 PM

I intend to, I hadn't been aware of Maxpedition in general until I began researching a bag for my First Aid Kit project recently. Now that I know of them, I suspect I am going to single-handedly put some Maxpedition corporate type's kids through college...
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream.
It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan
Posted Image

#46 H46USNAC

H46USNAC

Swabbie

• Crew Member
  • 41 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:58 PM

H46USNAC,

I just noticed that on your straps you have some devices that hold the extra webbing in place and out of the way. I was wondering where you found these as I have been having issues with spare strap hanging down off my pack when I cinch everything down on my Falcon II holding my First Aid kit.

They look like just the thing I need.

Thanks.

Edit:

You assume correctly. They are Web Dominators. Very nice to have.
A man who wants to do something will find a way; a man who doesn't will find an excuse.

#47 H46USNAC

H46USNAC

Swabbie

• Crew Member
  • 41 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:01 PM

I intend to, I hadn't been aware of Maxpedition in general until I began researching a bag for my First Aid Kit project recently. Now that I know of them, I suspect I am going to single-handedly put some Maxpedition corporate type's kids through college...

I'm quite sure I've helped finance someone's expensive sports car over the years. Their stuff is on the expensive side, but I've never had any issue with the quality of anything I've gotten from them.

#48 Probablytaken

Probablytaken

Mate

• Crew Leader
  • 90 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:03 PM

I saved a little by getting mine from Amazon, My Fire/EMS Red Falcon II was only about $125 instead of what seems like the more common $150. Though that was just for that color, the more common colors seemed to be full price.

I am already formulating a wish list of various Maxpedition products I would love to have. :)
Posted Image

#49 daengineer

daengineer

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 6 posts
  • Locationmerkaz, israel

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:41 AM

tight, thick, solid keep us informed of your continued progress!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users