Photo

EDC Ballistic Panel

Ballistic EDC EDC Ballistic Body Armor Bullet Proof IIIA Bag EDC bag Law enforcement

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Stevequatt51

Stevequatt51

Swabbie

• Crew Leader
  • 34 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida, USA

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:33 AM

I appologize in advance for any typos as i m writing this on an iPad at 4am after changing and feeding my newborn son....

I received an email solicitation a few days ago from botach tactical showing a ballistic panel insert size 10x13 intended for use in a school bag or backpack, etc. it is under $100.00 and level NIJ Level IIIA. I ordered one to try out to throw in my EDC Bag and use as an additional layer in my entry vest. In plain clothes law enforcement most days my ballistic vest is not readily accessible and set up for tactical entry and arrest takedown. I hope to use this item maybe under plain clothes on a last minute quick surveillance in a poor area although primarily plan on having it in my EDC bag which is with me all the time with my investigative gear. I currently carry a maxpedition mongo versipack although just got a maxpedition kodiak gearslinger from work which I have yet to set up and try. I do have my eye on an its tactical discrete messenger bag...which this panel would also fit nicely into.

The info on the ballistic panel is below:

Protect your children, family or yourself from shootings in schools, malls or the work place. Drawing on years of experience fabricating some of the military’s most advanced armor solutions, Hardwire has introduced the BODYGUARD.

The BODYGUARD panel is designed to fit into book bags, back packs and brief cases. The BODYGUARD provides a layer of ballistic protection from handgun fire and can stop multiple rounds. Manufactured with Dyneema® (a high performance polyethylene fiber), this board weighs less than one pound and meets the NIJ Level IIIA Ballistic testing standards.

You never want to be in a situation when you are threatened by gunfire, however, if you are, you’ll have a chance with BODYGUARD covering your back.

Features
Made Of Dyneema - Worlds Strongest Fiber
NIJ Level IIIA protection stops 44MAG, 9MM, 10MM, 45AUTO, 40S&W, 38 Special, 357MAG and more
Ultra-Light weight less than 1lb
Easily fits into a backpack or other bags to provide protection from gunfire
Simple, effective and affordable

http://www.botachtac...habo10bapa.html

http://www.hardwirellc.com/index.html

...I'm not sure level IIIA will stop a 44 mag but for the price I decided to try it. This is the first item like this I have seen at this price, please respond if you have seen better or similar. I will do a product review if anyone is interested once I get the product.

Stay safe.

• iExpresso likes this
Posted Image
“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.” George Orwell

#2 DStevenson

DStevenson

Salty Dog

• 1,868 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:39 AM

I got some info on this the other day also and chalked it up to parenthood paranoia.
If something horrible happened and my child was in harms way would I wish I bought it? ABSOLUTELY! But I just don't think it's necessary at this time. Not that this is what you should use to determine your needs but I live is humble quiet little white suburbia. It's not perfect, it has it's problems but sending my kid with armor is a long way down my list of needs.

I would on the other hand consider getting one for my chest rig.

Edited by DStevenson, 23 January 2013 - 06:40 AM.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." Benjamin Franklin

5399202523_bd1cb04e2e_o.png

#3 iExpresso

iExpresso

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 307 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:19 AM

I got some info on this the other day also and chalked it up to parenthood paranoia.
If something horrible happened and my child was in harms way would I wish I bought it? ABSOLUTELY! But I just don't think it's necessary at this time. Not that this is what you should use to determine your needs but I live is humble quiet little white suburbia. It's not perfect, it has it's problems but sending my kid with armor is a long way down my list of needs.

I would on the other hand consider getting one for my chest rig.

i agree this idea for your children is parenthood paranoia, but it is not a bad idea at all. the only problem i see is the kid wont be wearing his/her backpack in the classroom. it is gonna be on the shelf or under the desk. unless the parents and or teachers practice grabbing the backpack and running to a safe location, it is mostly useless. until schools and parents really consider the active shooter as a real threat, this tech will not be useful. maybe after schools begin to prepare and train for active shooters as requested by one of Obama's Executive orders, this gear will be useful for kids.

and remember, an active shooter can happen anywhere to include your quiet suburbia. as it did with Newtown, CT... no matter what town you live in, no matter how big or small, they're crazy ass people about to go nuckin futz... just sayin

until schools prepare for the active shooter as much as they drill for tornadoes or earthquakes (depending on you locations), i will wait.

as for me, i definitely will be looking into placing one into my EDC bag.

Edited by jgnolen, 23 January 2013 - 07:30 AM.

Posted Image

"Any questions, comments, gripes, bitches, or complaints? Well, I will address them in order of the amount of fucks given. Thanks and I don't give a shit how the rest of your day is." 1SG Kirkland

#4 Stevequatt51

Stevequatt51

Swabbie

• Crew Leader
  • 34 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida, USA

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:13 AM

I hope the day never arrives that our kids would need one of these at school...parenthood paranoia, very true. I agree with both your points.
  • iExpresso likes this
Posted Image
“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.” George Orwell

#5 iExpresso

iExpresso

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 307 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:36 AM

i do want to say good topic. the only info i have heard about this was a small report on CNN. thank you for the info. i am seriously gonna look into the panels for EDC GO bag and for LEO duty.

Posted Image

"Any questions, comments, gripes, bitches, or complaints? Well, I will address them in order of the amount of fucks given. Thanks and I don't give a shit how the rest of your day is." 1SG Kirkland

#6 Kenny

Kenny

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 137 posts
  • LocationWatauga, TX

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:08 AM

This is an interesting idea. A friend at work told me about an idea he had to use soft armor as the base for a backpack.
Posted Image

"Semper Fidelis - Always Faithful. Semper Erectus - Always Hard"

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Ballistic EDC, EDC, Ballistic, Body Armor, Bullet Proof, IIIA, Bag, EDC bag, Law enforcement

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users