Photo

Gun cleaning gear. What do you use and why?

Guns cleaning

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 DeathwatchDoc

DeathwatchDoc

Salty Dog

• 1,936 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 07 September 2013 - 08:31 AM

I love Froglube. I've been using it for several years, my P226 Mk. 25 loves the stuff and it seems my Walther PPS does as well. It works great in my carry guns, but as stated above, be sure not to over lube a sidearm you intend to use in a hot environment. For what it's worth, I use Otis tools with Froglube lube. I just love how compact my Otis kits are.

Doc

89BccLb.png

#22 Scot McK

Scot McK

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 154 posts
  • LocationTampa, FL

Posted 07 September 2013 - 11:39 AM

Does anyone have experience with Fireclean? I have boresnakes and a few rods for pistols (one just broke). Time to invest in a new kit. Is Otis the way to go?
Posted Image

#23 mangeface

mangeface

Salty Dog

• 2,598 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 07 September 2013 - 01:09 PM

Does anyone have experience with Fireclean? I have boresnakes and a few rods for pistols (one just broke). Time to invest in a new kit. Is Otis the way to go?

I have Hoppes boresnakes and a regular firearms brush for all of my firearms.

Otis isn't bad. I was issued their kit while in the Marines, and it gets the job done.

"I may walk among the sheep...but make no mistake, I am the sheepdog."
VQz5Nwz.png

#24 DeathwatchDoc

DeathwatchDoc

Salty Dog

• 1,936 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 07 September 2013 - 03:16 PM

My experience with Hoppes was pretty sad actually, I was just not impressed versus the Otis kits I have used. Maybe I just wasn't using it the way Hoppes designed it, but I get much better cleans with Otis. A few years back, my wife got the Otis complete set for my birthday and I absolutely love using it. I love how easy it is to carry enough kit to clean multiple different calibers without taking a ton of space in the process.

Thanks for your service mangeface!

Doc
  • mangeface and Scot McK like this

89BccLb.png

#25 Reaper Zero Eight

Reaper Zero Eight

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 15 posts
  • LocationFL

Posted 15 September 2013 - 11:27 PM

If you like froglube you've got to try this...

It's called RandCLP and a buddy of mine showed it to me. Before I go further I don't work for them and don't get any cut I was just really impressed by their product. It's not a watered down CLP that as soon as you put some on its leaking all over the place. Similar pros as froglube, it's made from vegetable oil so it's hippie approved, and I've used it on everything from belt fed machine guns to glocks and in the "moon dust" environments for the last 2 months and loved it.

http://randbrands.co...oducts/rand-clp

And it's cheap

Edited by Reaper Zero Eight, 15 September 2013 - 11:29 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Guns, cleaning

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users