• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Justaerin

Justaerin

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:59 AM

I have a few hydration products from Source Tactical, but have been looking at their backpacks. If the quality of their hydration products is carried to their packs, I'm sure they'll be of good quality, but I wanted to get some input first.

Anyone have or used one of their packs? How's the quality, durability, ergonomics, and usefulness? I'm looking for a rugged, versatile pack for backpacking. Prefer to carry sleeping bag, pad and tent or smaller hammock. I'm checking out their Pro 95L.

Any input would be much appreciated.

#2 Justaerin

Justaerin

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 01:27 PM

No one on Source packs? Any other recommendations? I am considering the Kelty Eagle as well.

#3 CENTCOMSurvivor

CENTCOMSurvivor

Down Wit' Da Hui

• 948 posts
  • LocationTampa/St Petersburg Florida

Posted 14 April 2013 - 07:23 PM

I cant speak to the pack, but the reservoir I have is top notch.
Posted Image

#4 Justaerin

Justaerin

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 10:58 PM

Thanks man, I'll definitely agree with that statement. I have the 3L and 1L bladders and they're rock solid. Unfortunately there isn't much to be found as far as reviews for Source products for obvious reasons. Thanks for the input though!

#5 scrooks298

scrooks298

Salty Dog

• Crew Member
  • 165 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:43 PM

I haven't had any experience with the Packs, but I have had experience with a Carrier. I have a USMC Tactical 3L System and everything about it is top-notch. It is Made in USA under government contract (the non-surplus ones are Made in Israel, which I'm sure has exceptional quality as well). Don't worry about quality and durability with a Source Pack. The Pack is fairly comfortable,and ergonomic. My specific model can attach to body-armor through the use of Fastex buckles, can be stuffed into or onto a Ruck or can be worn on the back, so it is quite useful. The only suggestion I have for it is to have removeable shoulder-straps. They are stowable, I guess it's just a feature that I like (It's on my First Spear Comm Pack). It looks like the IDF Pro 95L can't be beat for the price, but here are some suggestions. Anything from Mystery Ranch, Cilo Gear, Fjallraven, NFM Group. Force Protector Gear, Granite Tactical or Kifaru. Tactical Tailor also has a Militarised Civvy Hiking Pack called the Extended Range Operator Pack, it can be found here, http://www.tacticalt...ratorpack.aspx. First Spear also put out this Pack, it's looks to be a little small for your requirements, buts still fits the bill, http://www.first-spe...cat=300&page=1. Lastly, Wild Things has two-versions of their convertible Andinista Pack, and one is Tactical. Here is the Tactical one, http://www.wildthing...l?color=coyote. Looks pretty similar to the IDF Pro. Hope this helps.
Posted Image

#6 Justaerin

Justaerin

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 11:15 PM

scrooks that helps immensely, I really appreciate the input and the time you took to respond. I'll definitely look into all those options. Thanks!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: source, backpack

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users