25 replies to this topic

#21 artrain

artrain

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 10 posts
  • LocationTexas Gulf Coast

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:58 AM

I have one and you can lose stuff in it has some many separate compartments for smaller items. I also have a RUSH 24, ( granted I wish it had a waist belt), but it makes a great EDC type pack. Well organized, lots of zippered internal compartments, a nice "lay it down and open it up" design versus the "dig down through it". I have had 1 for 3 years and I have not been kind to it and has held up well.

You should check on of these out..
http://www.thegromme...nization-system

I use it in my Code Alpha bag http://www.codealpha...roduct/9968-ACU
to help organize all those items I lose at the bottom of mine.
  • DirtyTrigger likes this

#22 DirtyTrigger

DirtyTrigger

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 447 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 22 October 2013 - 10:25 PM

Those are pretty neat ART, Ill check those out.

Tu7wwUX.png?1

"Opportunity favors the prepared."

#23 B3dlam

B3dlam

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,064 posts
  • LocationWarrenton, OR

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:22 PM

One thing I didn't see mentioned (although I could very well be blind and missed it) but some other important things to consider for a bag especially with the situation you are describing are a good solid comfortable set of hiking boots, spare socks (a few pairs), a full change of clothes (good work clothes), and some solid outer wear like a rain jacket.

A lot of people end up wearing dress shoes for work or flip flops and shorts and neither of which are ideal if you are in a get home situation. I don't have spare shoes in my pack as I really only wear solid boots of some sort but I also live 7 miles from work and half way between work and my house i have a few friends so I doubt I will be hiking far (not to mention living on an island.) I do however carry spare socks and an primaloft jacket and a rain shell just in case.
  • Koldsteel likes this

itstacticalsig_zpsb04268f7.jpg

#24 Jersey0311

Jersey0311

Bullets and Bandages

• Crew Leader
  • 1,021 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 03 November 2013 - 10:14 AM

I'd go with a S. o. Tech bag if you can afford it. I've carried the carried the "go bag" for a couple years and in Afghanistan as an E&E/egress kit.
Im looking into the Mission Go Bag because I need the capability of carrying a laptop for my civilian job now. I have also carried the Maxpedition Monsoon Gearslinger pack. Any of the gearslinger bags are good ones, the only downside is Max bags are not made in USA. 5.11 makes great gear too for a decent price. Again also not made in USA as also noted by a previous post.

Really it matters on what your mission/goal/task, your philosophy of us for the bag. How much you want to spend, what kind of gear you plan on loading it down with, and if you care where the bag is made.

Saw this post and it got the brain going. What'd you put in your E&E bag for Afghan? I went there twice myself, and am currently attempting to set one up. I can't find any good sources for it on the web.

Also I currently have the cheaper Paladin Mission Go Bag that I use as an EDC/quasi-GHB of sorts. The only laptop that's gonna fit in there are the military Panasonic Toughbooks.

Edited by Jersey0311, 03 November 2013 - 10:33 AM.

TBL-2.png

In Memory Of Our Fallen - OEF - Afghanistan - Lima VIII

Rest Easy Brothers, We'll Take It From Here. We'll Keep The Light Burning.

#25 ty26

ty26

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 09:02 AM

I carry the 5.11 bailout bag. It is a messenger style with the shoulder strap but isn't as big. The bag has one main compartment with molly webbing inside that is great to hold your knife, flashlight, and any other pockets that are molly compatible. I stick a few pens and sharpies in the webbing too. Plenty of room in the main pocket for a water bottle and other essentials. I slip an I pad in the main pocket sometimes. There are two pockets on the sides that hold a good amount of gear. The one side has a medical kit, a QuikClot pack, and a small Israeli bandage. The other side has TP, matches and fire steel, and batteries. The front of the bag has mag pouches that can hold 30 rd ar mags. I live in the restrictive state of nj so can't have those size mags but good to know they could fit. I keep a small bag at home with my nj legal mags for my ar and glock if I ever needed to grab and go. The nice part of the pouches on the front is they don't look like they could hold mags. I have had compliments on the bag from people and they never knew what the pouches were for. There is padding on the back side of the bag with a Velcro strip that locked the bag to your belt so it doesn't swing around. I also use this bag too for day long hikes with the family, and it is good to know that I have a lot survival essentials if something happened.

#26 mike2468

mike2468

Mate

• Crew Leader
  • 76 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 03:58 PM

So TAD hasn't had the Fastpack EDC in stock and I'm thinking of going for a cheaper option and using the savings to purchase other items. Also, I've been leaning towards the idea of a more inconspicuous style bag without losing utility. With that being said, I've been looking into Oakley packs since they seem to be a good option without screaming military/LE, etc. Anyone have an oakley pack or have other recommendations?

I use a Oakley AP pack. I use it mainly for my work EDC and it works great. I've been using it for over a year now and it holds up great to the weather too. Overall I love the pack and don't have anything bad to say about it

Attached File  image.jpg   182.29KB   1 downloads

Tu7wwUX_zps4005c234.png

Strive to be a leader of Character, Competence, and Courage

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users