• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Knytemare

Knytemare

Swabbie

• Crew Member
  • 40 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 01:13 PM

I have been toying with the idea of building my own gun safe rather than purchasing one. I have seen some ideas that include an old refridgerator. Have any of you tried this or have any ideas that might be feesible.
Posted Image

#2 iExpresso

iExpresso

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 307 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:04 PM

I have not but ive seen custom book shelves and wall inserts. I cant find the custom book shelf site. Here are the wall inserts.

www.tacticalwalls.com

#3 Geist

Geist

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 295 posts
  • LocationSouthern CA

Posted 06 May 2013 - 10:06 PM

Those wall insets look really interesting. I wonder how hard it is to rip off the covering if someone is running around the house ripping down mirrors/paintings trying to check for wall safes.

#4 iExpresso

iExpresso

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 307 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:11 AM

Those wall insets look really interesting. I wonder how hard it is to rip off the covering if someone is running around the house ripping down mirrors/paintings trying to check for wall safes.

All the burglaries i have ever worked, no one ever sacked the mirrors. I think its a good place, as long as you dont advertise you got them.

#5 WalterB

WalterB

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 11:29 AM

I've always thought about converting a gun locker into a safe. If you're handy with a welder it would be a nice project, and might be cheaper (in both senses). Just an idea.

#6 Knytemare

Knytemare

Swabbie

• Crew Member
  • 40 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:56 PM

I haven't seen those before, but they look very interesting. I'll have to check those out more. Walter, I was thinking of something from scratch. I am going to play with some ideas and see what I can come up with.
Posted Image

#7 Geist

Geist

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 295 posts
  • LocationSouthern CA

Posted 07 May 2013 - 08:05 PM

All the burglaries i have ever worked, no one ever sacked the mirrors. I think its a good place, as long as you dont advertise you got them.

Sounds good, might have to pick one or two up in the near future!

#8 zaynkarim

zaynkarim

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 2 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 12 September 2019 - 05:07 AM

I don't suggestion that built your own gun safe whereas you can buy a best gun safe under 500 in the market today.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users