• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 hcm004

hcm004

Mate

• Crew Member
  • 63 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 11:37 AM

I have an original TAD FAST Pack that I had picked up in 2006, when I was stationed out on the West Coast. I LOVE this bag...Unfortunately, a few years ago the main compartment zipper broke. The zipper separated from the material, and I'm guessing this was enough to cause the zipper pull to come off its track. This is a poor explanation, but here are some pictures that should clear it up. Other than the busted zipper, it's great.

Is this something that can be fixed locally, or am I SOL?

Attached Files

#2 CalicoJack

CalicoJack

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 310 posts
  • LocationInland Northwest

Posted 07 May 2013 - 11:56 AM

I'd send it back to TAD for repair. Heck, you pay enough for their stuff, they should fix it if it breaks.

While I breathe I shall defend.

#3 mikejulietpapa

mikejulietpapa

Salty Dog

• Life Member
  • 719 posts
  • LocationDE

Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:48 PM

I would reach out to their Support team but I don't know what they do or do not cover. Hopefully you can get it fixed!

#4 j.k.chan24

j.k.chan24

Life Member

• Crew Leader
  • 77 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 09:29 PM

Otherwise I'm sure if you went to a tailor, they could swap out the zipper for you. It probably wont be the same but it will have a functioning zipper.
Posted Image

#5 Lao

Lao

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 336 posts
  • LocationDC

Posted 07 June 2013 - 05:26 AM

Agree with MJP and CalicoJack.... there gear is very expensive, they must have something in place to repair faulty zippers and such. Good luck sir!

P.S. Let us all know what happens if you contact them. I've wanted to purchase a few of their items in the past and great customer service will definitely outweigh the price of the product.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users