• This topic is locked This topic is locked
52 replies to this topic

#1 Macneil187

Macneil187

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 09:26 PM

So I ordered a belt from them on feb 21. When I ordered to said it could take up to 7 weeks to deliver. I have sent him a few emails within the past month with no replies. PayPal can not refund my money because its been longer then 45 days. I realize he is very busy with orders and what not. But not responding to my emails for a month is a little too much. I tried calling him but he asks to send him emails so he can "respond better to my needs". He has $90 of mine and won't return my calls/e-mails. Just a warning to people that might order from him, even though he might have great belts, he has horrible customer service and you might not get what you ordered...

#2 CalicoJack

CalicoJack

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 310 posts
  • LocationInland Northwest

Posted 25 May 2013 - 09:59 AM

Unfortunately, I had a similar problem last year when I ordered my belt from Mr Jones. I got kind of obnoxious with my emails before i got a response. Furthermore, I noticed that my order was for a small instead of a medium belt, and relayed this mistake along as well. Sure enough, I received a small belt. At least I was able to send it back and get a medium without another huge wait. Great belt, but probably the last item I will purchase from him.

While I breathe I shall defend.

#3 doctorrich

doctorrich

Landlubber

• Crew Leader
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 10:35 AM

Try Jake at Ares Gear.
Posted Image
GORUCK Challenge Class #247, MHT, NH

#4 Macneil187

Macneil187

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 12:44 PM

Well hopefully jones sends out the belt I paid for and doesn't rip me off, I placed an order with Ares Gear, I like the website design better with them, I can see the my order is getting processed. Thanks for your help guys.
  • Rainier_runner likes this

#5 Jones Tactical

Jones Tactical

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 12 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 29 May 2013 - 01:06 PM

Macneil187:

I apologize for not getting back to you, I am more than covered up at the moment. Your order is still in line. The wait is 7 weeks or more, everyone seems to miss that part, and FYI I have never not delivered an order.
Sincerely,
JT

#6 AggieSheepdog

AggieSheepdog

Swabbie

• Crew Member
  • 49 posts
  • LocationHouston, Texas.

Posted 29 May 2013 - 01:06 PM

same problems. ordered it and money was taken from my Pay Pal instantly. never received order confirmation from Jones tactical though. waited for a month then started sending emails that were never answered. called and a VM said to email them. waited a few more weeks and nada. two more emails and nothing. finally logged a Pay Pal dispute and got a refund w/in 24 hrs. I would rather have the belt. How long does it take to return an email?

Edited by AggieSheepdog, 29 May 2013 - 01:08 PM.

Protect the flock. Confront the wolf.

#7 Jones Tactical

Jones Tactical

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 12 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 29 May 2013 - 02:12 PM

same problems. ordered it and money was taken from my Pay Pal instantly. never received order confirmation from Jones tactical though. waited for a month then started sending emails that were never answered. called and a VM said to email them. waited a few more weeks and nada. two more emails and nothing. finally logged a Pay Pal dispute and got a refund w/in 24 hrs. I would rather have the belt. How long does it take to return an email?

Minutes sometimes, multiply that times 50 emails a day and it starts to add up.

#8 iExpresso

iExpresso

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 307 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 29 May 2013 - 03:54 PM

Try Original SOE belts.All gear Made in Tennessee. The owner, john willis has been sewing gear for decades. Ive ordered a bunch of gear from him, great stuff! Last year i ordered a 1.75" Cobra belt, it was made within a day and shipped out in 3. 5 days total from ordering to delivery. www.soebelts.com

#9 Macneil187

Macneil187

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 04:21 PM

You say it usually takes 7 weeks, I am going on the 15th week!! That's why I have been e-mailing you.

#10 AggieSheepdog

AggieSheepdog

Swabbie

• Crew Member
  • 49 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 09:55 PM

Minutes sometimes, multiply that times 50 emails a day and it starts to add up.

so you just ignore them?

#11 Jones Tactical

Jones Tactical

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 12 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 03 June 2013 - 08:25 AM

so you just ignore them?

I can't get to all them.

#12 Macneil187

Macneil187

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 07:01 AM

I can't get to all them.

I would PM you but I didnt see that feature on this forum. Did you start my belt yet, if not is there anyway you can change my order from the 2" fat zombie to the 1.5 EDC ver2? again my order was placed feb 21. I will pay any price difference . e-mail me back, please and thank you!! :up:

#13 Lao

Lao

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 336 posts
  • LocationDC

Posted 07 June 2013 - 05:21 AM

Hmmm... how can you not get to all the emails. Hell, sit down with a 12 pack and type... seems pretty easy to me. Plenty of bad press in this thread, the Original SOE belts look really good to me and seems solid. I'll go with jgnolen's recommendation!!!
  • iExpresso likes this
Posted Image

#14 Jones Tactical

Jones Tactical

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 12 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 09 June 2013 - 07:57 AM

Macneil187: I will get back to you on it, shouldn't be an issue.

RJ

#15 AggieSheepdog

AggieSheepdog

Swabbie

• Crew Member
  • 49 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 12:06 AM

ordered an Ares Gear Duty Belt on July 5th and received it on July 17th. Inspected it and looks like excellent quality work, cant wait to use it at work.

#16 tremis

tremis

Salty Dog

• Crew Member
  • 120 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 11 August 2013 - 07:52 AM

I have a Jones EDC belt. It took a few days longer than the time quoted, I was cool with that. I ordered it the same day as a Raven holster, the belt was here long before the holster was. I chose Jones over Ares because I like the velcro on the loose end, much neater than just tucking it somewhere.
I haven't laid hands on an SOE EDC belt, but I have used a bunch of John's stuff including a couple of other belts and they are top notch. I just wish he offered Ranger Green webbing.
If I had the time to wait, I'd still get a Jones. If I was in a hurry, I'd probably substitute colors and go with SOE.

#17 Macneil187

Macneil187

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 03:57 PM

I still haven't received my belt or heard back from jones, its tactical should remove its reviews of their belts due to shitty customer service.

#18 Psybain

Psybain

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,674 posts
  • LocationSE AZ

Posted 18 August 2013 - 07:17 AM

That's disconcerting. Over 6 months for a belt? Sheesh.

35066390514_66d1ce57b5_z.jpg
As Seen on: M4Carbine.net, GlockTalk, and NCGO.

#19 mangeface

mangeface

Salty Dog

• 2,598 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 18 August 2013 - 12:17 PM

Yeah, his inbox would be spammed with "Give me my money back". After everything I've read in this thread, Jones Tactical will never receive my business.

"I may walk among the sheep...but make no mistake, I am the sheepdog."
VQz5Nwz.png

#20 iExpresso

iExpresso

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 307 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 19 August 2013 - 04:05 PM

It would be super if its tactical would offer the OSOE discount again. How about 20% off this time;)

Posted Image

"Any questions, comments, gripes, bitches, or complaints? Well, I will address them in order of the amount of fucks given. Thanks and I don't give a shit how the rest of your day is." 1SG Kirkland

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users