• This topic is locked This topic is locked
52 replies to this topic

#21 ROCKR8R

ROCKR8R

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 02:04 PM

So I created an account to air my dirty laundry with Jones Tactical too after discovering this thread. One of the reasons I went with Jones is a review of the “fat zombie” on this website by Eric S. Also generally positive feedback on various gun related forums.

I placed my order for the “fat zombie” on Oct 4th. No confirmation email just the paypal paid receipt. I emailed him and he replied confirming the order and stated he is right around the 7 week turn around. Fine I am not in a hurry. I email him again Dec 5th, 9 weeks after initial correspondence. He states it is “in line” to be made. I reply asking, if it hasn’t been made yet then cancel it if you can. No response. I email the next day asking “Well can it be canceled or what?” He replies, it is in a box ready to go out. Fine.

Here we are Dec. 17th. 11 days from the email on Dec. 6th and 9 transit days. Georgia to Arizona shouldn’t take 9 days with any carrier if it did indeed go out when he said it did. I emailed him again today and yet to receive a response. Seems like he picks and chooses what emails to reply to and tells you what you want to hear. If this is his business practices than I would NEVER recommend Jones tactical to anyone looking for a good belt. Original SOE or Ares gets my vote just from customer service alone, never mind the long wait time.

Bad business practices, bad CS, terrible website etc… Think twice before purchasing from Jones Tactical.

-Dan

#22 emBARK

emBARK

Salty Dog

• Crew Member
  • 256 posts
  • LocationSWNY

Posted 07 January 2014 - 03:16 PM

I'd just emailed him asking a few questions and had yet to hear a response.  I'm glad that I stumbled across this thread, otherwise I'd be in the same boat as others here.

That being said where else should I look?

Ares Gear

SOE

?

?

#23 Psybain

Psybain

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,674 posts
  • LocationSE AZ

Posted 07 January 2014 - 07:06 PM

Ive heard nothing but good things about ares. I need to visit their store sometime since its just up the freeway from me.

35066390514_66d1ce57b5_z.jpg
As Seen on: M4Carbine.net, GlockTalk, and NCGO.

#24 iExpresso

iExpresso

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 307 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 07 January 2014 - 08:27 PM

I'd just emailed him asking a few questions and had yet to hear a response. I'm glad that I stumbled across this thread, otherwise I'd be in the same boat as others here.
Ares Gear
SOE
?
?

Take a look at tactical tailor. I think they do belts. I understand they got good stuff.

#25 iride66

iride66

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 09:35 PM

I am glad to hear some have received their orders from Jones Tactical.  I ordered a belt from him in Aug of 2013 and have yet to receive it.  I understood the 7 week published wait time and was willing to wait.  It has now been nearly 5 months and he will not respond to my e-mails.  My order was paid immediately via PayPal and I have the credit card statement showing the charge.  No confirmation from him.  I received one response back in November saying I was still in line.  No further despite several polite messages requesting status and ETA.

Several guys at work have his products and they appear to be good stuff.  I am very disappointed and am beginning to believe I have been ripped off.  I would at this point discourage anyone from doing business with Jones Tactical.  A shame because the gear appears to be really well made.

#26 Psybain

Psybain

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,674 posts
  • LocationSE AZ

Posted 12 January 2014 - 01:40 PM

Maybe ITS should reevaluate their association with jones tactical through the discount program if jt cant bother to meet their own delivery timeframe or be bothered to reply to their customers' emails.
  • CalicoJack, LongHaul, Davis and 1 other like this

#27 DeathwatchDoc

DeathwatchDoc

Salty Dog

• 1,936 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 12 January 2014 - 04:23 PM

This thread has already caused me to abort a planned purchase there... I really wanted that belt too...

89BccLb.png

#28 Superman

Superman

Salty Dog

• Crew Member
  • 126 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 13 January 2014 - 11:15 AM

This thread has already caused me to abort a planned purchase there... I really wanted that belt too...

Same here... Thanks to everyone for their honest feedback (warning).

I think I'm just going to instigate a personal policy of not buying from anyone who's lead time is larger than my payment dispute time (i.e. paypal, etc.).  That just appears to be playing with fire.

There's no reason for a 2+ month lead time for these kinds of items.  From a business perspective, you have multiple options to fix that problem.  You can raise your prices (fewer people will order, but you will still make the same or more)...or move away from JIT manufacturing, or look into a hybrid (like Raven Concealment has their "in stock" and "quick ship" options)...or maybe even look at hiring and actually grow your business.  /rant

Edited by Superman, 13 January 2014 - 11:24 AM.

Posted Image

#29 Psybain

Psybain

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,674 posts
  • LocationSE AZ

Posted 24 January 2014 - 10:37 PM

The fun continues at m4carbine:http://www.m4carbine...ad.php?t=144444
  • mangeface likes this

#30 mangeface

mangeface

Salty Dog

• 2,598 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 25 January 2014 - 06:29 AM

Oh god that's beautiful. I think I'm with a lot of people there. I'll drop my money on the Ares.

"I may walk among the sheep...but make no mistake, I am the sheepdog."
VQz5Nwz.png

#31 Jones Tactical

Jones Tactical

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 12 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 10 February 2014 - 05:49 PM

To all who have posted about orders:

You will get your order or your money back.  I have never not delivered an order.  I apologize for the long wait and I am working on bringing it down everyday.

JT

• iExpresso and Jersey0311 like this

#32 talon-c72

talon-c72

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 24 posts
  • LocationWest Georgia

Posted 11 February 2014 - 11:42 AM

I make Kydex holsters and would not dream of not keeping in contact with my customers. My wife gets made at me for taking extra trips to the post office to make sure I keep my word that it will go out when I say it will go out. But it's worth it, a happy customer is a good customer.......and free sales rep! LOL...
  • AaronK and Davis like this

#33 THELaneCook

THELaneCook

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 09:52 PM

I'd just emailed him asking a few questions and had yet to hear a response.  I'm glad that I stumbled across this thread, otherwise I'd be in the same boat as others here.

Ares Gear

SOE

?

?

I know this is a little late, but I'd recommend SOE 100%. I'm wearing their cobra belt as I type, and it is awesome. The only downside I have seen is the brief (4ish days) for the material to break in and conform to your body. Also, John offers an unconditional lifetime warranty. I waited maybe, maybe 4 weeks for mine, and John and all of his staff are super cool to deal with, plus, they are "Made in the M*therfucking U.S.A"

"I am the punishment of God...If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you."
-Genghis Khan

#34 Klarktx

Klarktx

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 226 posts
  • LocationFlowery Branch, Ga

Posted 15 February 2014 - 02:00 AM

I make Kydex holsters and would not dream of not keeping in contact with my customers. My wife gets made at me for taking extra trips to the post office to make sure I keep my word that it will go out when I say it will go out. But it's worth it, a happy customer is a good customer.......and free sales rep! LOL...

I'm at Lake Lanier. I would like to hear from you on your work. Reading your location, I may know who you are.

Thanks

CrewLeaderSignature.png

#35 iride66

iride66

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 12:06 AM

JT,

Glad to see you posting here again...gives me some hope.  I have sent you several e-mails and not gotten any response in a long time.  Please either refund the money from order sent and paid via PayPay in August or send the belt (definitely prefer the belt) but do something ASAP please it's been way too long and I need the equipment.  Thanks.

#36 CharlieKilo

CharlieKilo

Landlubber

• Crew Leader
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 07:15 AM

Sorry if I zombie this thread, but anyone else have any good news on their orders? I ordered 9/2/13, still waiting. I'm at a loss as to what to do....

#37 mangeface

mangeface

Salty Dog

• 2,598 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 28 February 2014 - 11:32 AM

Sorry if I zombie this thread, but anyone else have any good news on their orders? I ordered 9/2/13, still waiting. I'm at a loss as to what to do....

Spam his inbox demanding your money back.

"I may walk among the sheep...but make no mistake, I am the sheepdog."
VQz5Nwz.png

#38 iride66

iride66

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 11:42 PM

Well...in an effort to be fair, despite terrible service....the belt I ordered in August of 2013 has arrived.  It arrived in late May 2014 and appears to be quality equipment, now in daily use.  My order was promised in 7 weeks and was delivered in 9 months.  I would love to order other items from Jones Tactical but, feel lucky to have finally received the belt and will not risk another purchase from him. 

The belt is daily use now and, while barely fitting as I lost significant weight during my wait, is good gear.

• iExpresso likes this

#39 CharlieKilo

CharlieKilo

Landlubber

• Crew Leader
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 07:21 AM

Well...in an effort to be fair, despite terrible service....the belt I ordered in August of 2013 has arrived.  It arrived in late May 2014 and appears to be quality equipment, now in daily use.  My order was promised in 7 weeks and was delivered in 9 months.  I would love to order other items from Jones Tactical but, feel lucky to have finally received the belt and will not risk another purchase from him. 

The belt is daily use now and, while barely fitting as I lost significant weight during my wait, is good gear.

Mine also arrived and your post summed up my experience as well, to a T. I received both of my belts and they are also in daily use (not both at the same time, obviously). It did take 8 months to complete order, and he also refunded the ITS 10% a month after the product ship. Timeline as follows.

9/2/13 Order placed

10/21/13 Contact #1 about order, inquiry about progress

12/23/13 Contact #2 about order, inquiry about delivery

3/4/14 Contact #3 about order, inquiry about delivery

4/23/14 Contact #4 about order, inquiry about delivery

5/8/14 Contact #5 about order, inquiry about delivery

5/12/14 Shipping notification received

5/16/14 Shipment arrival

6/12/14 Refund of 10% ITS discount

The subject and content of each of my contacts expressed the following:

I understand that custom work takes time, just curious as to the time for order completion. I also understand how backed up businesses and side businesses get, a rough estimation date to completion would be nice. My contact content was nice, professional, and non-pushy. My tone in each exchange was that of an "understanding customer, but would like additional communication/information". That changed by contact #4 and #5, to a tone of "this is now becoming unacceptable". Every response to my emails contained "I do apologize for the lack of comms, I get buried in orders from time to time and my email response time suffers greatly from this.  I am trying to get your order out as fast as I can.  I want to thank you for your patience and understanding first and foremost." A internet search revealed that this was the atypical response, not specific to my individual requests, but to most inquiries.

Is the product good? Yes. Would I wait 6 months or more (8 in my case) for the product? No. If I had known the timeline was going to be 4.5-5x longer than estimated, I would have sought a different provider. I understand delays and I'm not of the generation or persuasion that "I have to have it now!". I also understand these things happen from time to time, but this is a persistent/consistent issue with other orders, enough to be "all over the internet" (various forums and what not). Am I happy with the product? Yes, but not happy with the timeline. If this were a tax stamp, the expectation that a significant time between submittal and receipt is understood. However, this isn't a $200 permission slip and the expectation was a 7 week turnaround, not a 32 week (roughly) completion. I know the patience required for F1/F2/F3/F4 submittals, those are expected and understood. What's the point in this post? Informational and hopefully managing expectations for others.

• Superman likes this

#40 cmm

cmm

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 11:17 AM

Mine also arrived and your post summed up my experience as well, to a T. I received both of my belts and they are also in daily use (not both at the same time, obviously). It did take 8 months to complete order, and he also refunded the ITS 10% a month after the product ship. Timeline as follows.

9/2/13 Order placed

10/21/13 Contact #1 about order, inquiry about progress

12/23/13 Contact #2 about order, inquiry about delivery

3/4/14 Contact #3 about order, inquiry about delivery

4/23/14 Contact #4 about order, inquiry about delivery

5/8/14 Contact #5 about order, inquiry about delivery

5/12/14 Shipping notification received

5/16/14 Shipment arrival

6/12/14 Refund of 10% ITS discount

The subject and content of each of my contacts expressed the following:

I understand that custom work takes time, just curious as to the time for order completion. I also understand how backed up businesses and side businesses get, a rough estimation date to completion would be nice. My contact content was nice, professional, and non-pushy. My tone in each exchange was that of an "understanding customer, but would like additional communication/information". That changed by contact #4 and #5, to a tone of "this is now becoming unacceptable". Every response to my emails contained "I do apologize for the lack of comms, I get buried in orders from time to time and my email response time suffers greatly from this.  I am trying to get your order out as fast as I can.  I want to thank you for your patience and understanding first and foremost." A internet search revealed that this was the atypical response, not specific to my individual requests, but to most inquiries.

Is the product good? Yes. Would I wait 6 months or more (8 in my case) for the product? No. If I had known the timeline was going to be 4.5-5x longer than estimated, I would have sought a different provider. I understand delays and I'm not of the generation or persuasion that "I have to have it now!". I also understand these things happen from time to time, but this is a persistent/consistent issue with other orders, enough to be "all over the internet" (various forums and what not). Am I happy with the product? Yes, but not happy with the timeline. If this were a tax stamp, the expectation that a significant time between submittal and receipt is understood. However, this isn't a $200 permission slip and the expectation was a 7 week turnaround, not a 32 week (roughly) completion. I know the patience required for F1/F2/F3/F4 submittals, those are expected and understood. What's the point in this post? Informational and hopefully managing expectations for others.

I agree with the many posts on this thread that I was expecting 7 weeks or less for my belt.  Hey, 7 weeks is a long time to wait, but if it goes a couple of weeks over that, not a big deal?  But 15 weeks or more?

03/14/14 - I ordered my 1.5-inch belt

05/06/13 - Contact #1: "Don't want to rush you, but do you have an estimate of when the belt I ordered will be shipped?"

No Response from Jones Tactical

05/30/14 - Contact #2: "Do you have an estimate of when the belt will be shipped?"

No Response from Jones Tactical

06/24/14 - Contact #3: "Do you have an estimate of when my belt will be shipped?"

06/24/14 - 3 minutes later the dreaded boilerplate response that CharlieKilo from the post above said he got in every one of his requests: "I do apologize for the lack of comms, I get buried in orders from time to time and my email response time suffers greatly from this.  I am trying to get your order out as fast as I can.  I want to thank you for your patience and understanding first and foremost.  Sincerely, Richard"

At least CharlieKilo got a response to each of his inquiries (great post by the way).  Until today, I was just sending e-mails into the ether.  I also left a voice mail sometime in the calendar and the answering machine tells you that voice mails will not be answered, but to only send e-mails.  

As of today it's been 102 days or 14.5 weeks since my order and still no belt.  This is more than double the original estimate and the order is still not fulfilled!  My question(s) of an estimate for a ship date was (were) never answered.  

I'll update this post regarding the belt quality and delivery time when I finally receive my belt.  

Edited by cmm, 24 June 2014 - 11:18 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users