52 replies to this topic

#41 AggieSheepdog

AggieSheepdog

Swabbie

• Crew Member
  • 49 posts
  • LocationHouston, Texas.

Posted 30 June 2014 - 07:55 PM

my Ares belt still holds up great. just thought i'd chime back in. 

Protect the flock. Confront the wolf.

#42 cmm

cmm

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 02:37 PM

Thank you AggieSheepdog for your advice, I went ahead and ordered an Ares Aegis belt.  The Ares Aegis should be here in 3 weeks or less.  

I haven't cancelled my order of the Jones Tactical belt.  I'm interested to see how long the Jones Tactical belt will actually take to arrive and I want to compare its quality to the Ares belt.  

I ordered the belt on 3/14/2014.  So as of today that is 143 days or >20 weeks and still the belt has not arrived.  Now, I have resigned myself to witness the 1/2 year mark to blow by pretty easily before I receive delivery, but I'm left to wonder if 3/4 or perhaps even a full year is possible.  Iride66 got his belt in 9 months, maybe I'll beat that.   O_O

#43 Psybain

Psybain

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,674 posts
  • LocationSE AZ

Posted 04 August 2014 - 02:39 PM

It's always fun to break a world record :P
  • mangeface likes this

35066390514_66d1ce57b5_z.jpg
As Seen on: M4Carbine.net, GlockTalk, and NCGO.

#44 cmm

cmm

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 10:21 AM

Thank you AggieSheepdog for your advice, I went ahead and ordered an Ares Aegis belt.  The Ares Aegis should be here in 3 weeks or less.  

I haven't cancelled my order of the Jones Tactical belt.  I'm interested to see how long the Jones Tactical belt will actually take to arrive and I want to compare its quality to the Ares belt.  

I ordered the belt on 3/14/2014.  So as of today that is 143 days or >20 weeks and still the belt has not arrived.  Now, I have resigned myself to witness the 1/2 year mark to blow by pretty easily before I receive delivery, but I'm left to wonder if 3/4 or perhaps even a full year is possible.  Iride66 got his belt in 9 months, maybe I'll beat that.   O_O

Great communication from Ares.

On 8/4/2014, immediately after I made the order I received the following e-mail (I changed some info to black text for security reasons):

"Order Confirmation from Ares Gear, Inc.

NAME

Thanks for shopping with us today!
The following are the details of your order. PLEASE REMEMBER that the items
ordered may have a lead time; if this is the case, the information can be
found on our FAQ page or on our Facebook page.
------------------------------------------------------
Order Number:
XXXXX
Date Ordered: Monday 04 August, 2014
Detailed Invoice:

https://www.aresgear.com/index.php?XXXX

Products
1 x Aegis Belt = $99.99
        Engraving None
        Buckle Color Black (Melonite)
        1.5" Scuba Webbing Color Black
        Size Medium
Sub-Total: $99.99
Zone Rates (Shipping to US): $11.00
Sales Tax: $0.00
Total: $110.99

Delivery Address

XXXXX
United States

Billing Address

XXXXXX
United States

Payment Method
Credit Card

Visa
XXXXXX

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

today (8/6/2014) I received the following "Order Update" e-mail from Ares:

"Date Ordered: Monday 04 August, 2014

Your current order status is:  IN PRODUCTION"

It all seems like excellent communication so far and they appear to be working on my belt already - only 2 days after receipt of order.  

#45 cmm

cmm

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 02:39 PM

I've been using my Ares belt whenever I wear jeans - thank you again AggieSheepdog for the advice.  The belt was stiff and uncomfortable the first few days, but then I got used to it and like wearing it very much now.  I can wear a bunch of stuff on it and never feels bogged down, like a normal leather belt would feel.   

• I ordered the Ares Belt on the 4th of August 2014.  
  • Received an e-mail on the 6th of August 2014 that it was in-production.  
  • Received an e-mail on the 7th of August 2014 that it was ready for packing and was being shipped that day.  
  • About 2 or 3 days later I received the belt, along with some cool stickers.  
  • It's a quality belt. 

It was also difficult to remove the belt at first, but then I figured out, if you tighten it a few millimeters, it will actually loosen the locking mechanism enough to loosen the belt to slide out from the buckle.  I was afraid the black finish was going to scrape off the buckle, but that hasn't happened.  

Here I am, 236 days (almost 8 months or almost 34 weeks) after order and I still haven't received my Jones Tactical belt.  This is really crazy.  A high percentage of the public doesn't live at the same address for that length of time and forwarding their mail, stops after a couple of months or so.  I'm still looking forward to comparing the 2 belts, if I ever get it.  

• Davis likes this

#46 CalicoJack

CalicoJack

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 310 posts
  • LocationInland Northwest

Posted 06 November 2014 - 11:54 AM

My Jones belt got disappeared at Pre Ranger, but I had ordered an Ares Gear Ranger belt before I left.  Even with them saying it would take three weeks, it shipped that same week.  Now, once it got to the base post office, it got lost for a month - but I certainly don't blame Ares Gear for that.  I'm still torn on the belt.  I liked the Jones design in that it was a rigger's belt with a Cobra buckle and a D-ring to clip.  As I work in search and rescue and do high-angle stuff, I like having the redundancy of a rated attachment point on my belt.  Ares doesn't make a belt like that.  So, I got an Arc'teryx rigger's belt when OPTactical had their 20% sale, but now I miss the Cobra buckle.  Is it too much to ask for a rigger's belt, with a D-ring and a Cobra buckle, from a reputable manufacturer?

While I breathe I shall defend.

#47 AaronK

AaronK

Salty Dog

• Crew Member
  • 1,070 posts
  • LocationWA

Posted 06 November 2014 - 10:40 PM

Is it too much to ask for a rigger's belt, with a D-ring and a Cobra buckle, from a reputable manufacturer?

Not at all
http://www.vikingtac...uct-p/52873.htm

#48 Klarktx

Klarktx

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 226 posts
  • LocationFlowery Branch, Ga

Posted 09 November 2014 - 10:03 AM

This is disheartening. I know Jones from some local mutual friends and have one of their belts.
I generally don't agree with these threads (blasting a maker) , but it was presented with facts and detail.
I see Jones has made one reply, but not much after that. And they are or were associated with ITS.

But there are plenty of options in this arena, so I hope it all works out.

CrewLeaderSignature.png

#49 cmm

cmm

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 10:17 AM

11/29/14 I was sent word via e-mail that the belt was sent to my home address.  I was out of town at the time the package was sent and delivered.  Fortunately, there was family to receive the package and that we hadn't changed addresses in that long span of time.  

They must have received the package by 2 December 2014, so that meant 456 days had elapsed from the time I ordered the belt (2 September 2014) to the time I received it.  That's one year and 3 months!  

I get the belt and it's really too small.  No way I can carry Inside the Waist Band (IWB) and Outside the Waist Band (OWB) is going to be very very tight.  So I contacted Jones and asked if I sent it back can they lengthen it and the answer was "Not really, I will have to remake it."  Okay, I can understand that due to its inherent design.  Anyway, I finally got the belt.  

Comparing the Ares Belt to the Jones Tactical Belt.

Ares Positives versus Jones Negatives:

1. Can easily expand or decrease the Ares belt, while the Jones is pretty much one size.  
  2. Can easily remove the Ares belt from a set of trousers and put them into another set, while it may take 5 minutes to accomplish the same task (arduously I might add) with the Jones Tactical Belt.

Jones Positives vs Ares Negatives:

1. The Jones Belt is really easy to uncouple when you want to drop trough.  The Ares belt at first took me a while, but now I know to suck in my gut so I can loosen the friction coupling.  But the Jones is really superb in this area.  

Aesthetically, now this is just personal preference, I like the way the Ares belt buckle looks.  I expected the black coating I got on the Ares to scratch and it doesn't (apparently it the same process used to finish Walther pistols).  I thought I would like the Jones belt more visually, but it actually looks like a toy in real life or something that a doll would wear.  Bottom line, I don't use the Jones belt and I use the Ares belt all of the time.  I got the Ares belt almost immediately (faster than they expected to ship) and the Jones Belt took an outrageously long time to deliver.  Pick your poison, but I suggest the Ares belt.  

#50 Highwaystreets

Highwaystreets

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 152 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 09:12 PM

My lord a year and 3 months for a belt? Just from what I've been seeing on here JT will never receive a penny from me or my colleagues
  • sheepdogboss likes this

#51 Corbs

Corbs

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 488 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 10:22 AM

11/29/14 I was sent word via e-mail that the belt was sent to my home address.  I was out of town at the time the package was sent and delivered.  Fortunately, there was family to receive the package and that we hadn't changed addresses in that long span of time.  

They must have received the package by 2 December 2014, so that meant 456 days had elapsed from the time I ordered the belt (2 September 2014) to the time I received it.  That's one year and 3 months!  

I get the belt and it's really too small.  No way I can carry Inside the Waist Band (IWB) and Outside the Waist Band (OWB) is going to be very very tight.  So I contacted Jones and asked if I sent it back can they lengthen it and the answer was "Not really, I will have to remake it."  Okay, I can understand that due to its inherent design.  Anyway, I finally got the belt.  

Comparing the Ares Belt to the Jones Tactical Belt.

Ares Positives versus Jones Negatives:

1. Can easily expand or decrease the Ares belt, while the Jones is pretty much one size.  
  2. Can easily remove the Ares belt from a set of trousers and put them into another set, while it may take 5 minutes to accomplish the same task (arduously I might add) with the Jones Tactical Belt.

Jones Positives vs Ares Negatives:

1. The Jones Belt is really easy to uncouple when you want to drop trough.  The Ares belt at first took me a while, but now I know to suck in my gut so I can loosen the friction coupling.  But the Jones is really superb in this area.  

Aesthetically, now this is just personal preference, I like the way the Ares belt buckle looks.  I expected the black coating I got on the Ares to scratch and it doesn't (apparently it the same process used to finish Walther pistols).  I thought I would like the Jones belt more visually, but it actually looks like a toy in real life or something that a doll would wear.  Bottom line, I don't use the Jones belt and I use the Ares belt all of the time.  I got the Ares belt almost immediately (faster than they expected to ship) and the Jones Belt took an outrageously long time to deliver.  Pick your poison, but I suggest the Ares belt.  

I'm presuming that this is the Jones belt with the Cobra buckle vs the Ares Aegis belt?

Ares do also do a belt with a cobra buckle, and it sounds like they're good to deal with.

15466484298_865322dd97_n.jpg

#52 sheepdogboss

sheepdogboss

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 May 2015 - 09:48 AM

I joined this forum for one  reason, and that is to let you guys know that i ordered a shooters belt from jones tactical on 6/5/2014 and after repeated emails ovr the last year(well almost)i finally told that person( ILL USE PERSON BECAUSE I DONT THINK I CAN CALL HIM AN as*&HOLE ON HEAR AND GET MY POST DOWN),well anyway long story short i sent him an email 8 days short of a year on my order8 FREEKIN DAYS! telling him to just keep his belt that i had bought another that was payed and recieved in 2weeks that he could just keep it and i would write it off WELL LO AN BEHOLD HE SENT ME A REPLY WITHIN 24 HRS THAT HE WOULD REFUND after a year of no replies thts wrong two repls that said,he was a fool on repling and it was a one man operation.  at close too100 bucks a pop you could afford to hire someone? well anyway i wouldnt let this thing make my dog a rfeekin collar SO BEWARE OF THIS DUDE he isnt what he claims  OH! and dont post about youre 6-7week turnaround jonesycause that is a big lie and i see from all these post on here about JT that it is true he is less then truthfull about it    just beware

#53 mangeface

mangeface

Salty Dog

• 2,598 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 31 May 2015 - 06:37 AM

I'm going to go ahead and lock this. I think the word is pretty much out there, avoid Jones Tactical. If anyone has any updates to their orders or anything, PM me and I'll determine whether it's worth opening this thread for further discussion.

"I may walk among the sheep...but make no mistake, I am the sheepdog."
VQz5Nwz.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users