• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 Kingkroupa

Kingkroupa

Life Member

• Plank Owner
  • 71 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 05:26 PM

Well my trusty Larue hat finally gave up the ghost after several years but at least it died in battle.  It finally gave in while I was using it to defend my daughter against a yellow jacket so it at least gave it's life for a good cause.So now I'm on the hunt for a new hat to be used, abused, and drug across the globe.  I really like the look of the XS Sights hat http://www.xssights....store/gear.html but alas it is backordered.  Anybody got any good hat recommendations?  If I can't find another shooting cap I'll just grab one from my favorite baseball team even though they suck lately. /wp-content/forum-smileys/icon_frown.gif
Posted Image
tacticaltexan.wordpress.com
Keep up the good fight-Rob

#2 SuperRobot7

SuperRobot7

Life Member

• Plank Owner
  • 31 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 06:04 PM

I love this hat a lot.  I've used it the most in the past couple years.http://www.cryeprecision.com/P-APRBC700000/Shooter's-Cap--Mli%E2%84%A2;

#3 Kingkroupa

Kingkroupa

Life Member

• Plank Owner
  • 71 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 06:06 PM

I like it alot but I'm looking for something just slightly more low key.  
Posted Image

#4 Bryan Black

Bryan Black

Salty Dog

• Administrator
  • 256 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 02:59 AM

Rob, we're actually in the process of getting hats made up ourselves that are just like the Surefire hats, and made by the same company as the XS Sights hats. We've received the sample and have a few changes before we get rolling on the finals.

#5 Kingkroupa

Kingkroupa

Life Member

• Plank Owner
  • 71 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 04:03 AM

Well in that case I'll hold out for a little bit.  I'd love to rock on ITS hat /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf_headbang.gif
Posted Image

#6 fuspar

fuspar

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 23 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 06:36 PM

I'm getting one of these soon:http://215gearstore.com/hats.aspxI already own one of their visors which is great and their belt is the bomb, plus great service. /wp-content/forum-smileys/thumbup.gif

Edited by fuspar, 29 May 2010 - 01:38 AM.

Posted Image

#7 Kingkroupa

Kingkroupa

Life Member

• Plank Owner
  • 71 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 06:41 PM

I've heard nothing but good things about those blended operators hats but I really think I'm going to hold out for an ITS hat. /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf_headbang.gif
Posted Image

#8 Wheelhouse

Wheelhouse

Swabbie

• Crew Member
  • 29 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 04:33 PM

Bryan,Good to hear about the hats.  Would def. be interested as well, but hopefully they will be subtle in design.  I wear hats often, but don't like the ones that have overly large print or logos.  Just my .02 Fuspar, your avatar is great - LOL!
Posted Image"The Constitution of most of our states (and of the United States) assert that all power is inherent in the people; that they may exercise it by themselves; that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed." - Thomas Jefferson

#9 Jeff.

Jeff.

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 13 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 07:12 AM

Bringing up a dead one. Any word on the possibility of ITS hats? I'm in need of a new hat as well!I'm looking for something more subtle as well, and not an operator style.
/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/CrewLeaderSignature.png

#10 CENTCOMSurvivor

CENTCOMSurvivor

Down Wit' Da Hui

• 948 posts
  • LocationTampa/St Petersburg Florida

Posted 12 May 2011 - 02:04 PM

I know Bryan wasnt pleased with the final hats.  I think its on the back burner right now as he is swampped.  If I hear anything I'll make sure to post it.
Posted Image

#11 Kenny

Kenny

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 137 posts
  • LocationWatauga, TX

Posted 01 November 2011 - 06:27 AM

I'm working on modifying an Under Armour cap. Basically, I took a black stretch-fit cap that I bought on clearance and I'm going to sew hook-n-loop "pile" to the front and back. If it works the way I hope - I might try it with either their Friend or Foe cap (it has an American flag embroidered on the left side) or their Tactical Stretch Fit cap. I like the UA cap because the HeatGear fabric wicks away moisture, keeping my head dry. And, as a fat-old-bald guy, my head sweats a lot.
Posted Image

"Semper Fidelis - Always Faithful. Semper Erectus - Always Hard"

#12 Kenny

Kenny

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 137 posts
  • LocationWatauga, TX

Posted 16 December 2011 - 02:31 AM

Kenny said:

I'm working on modifying an Under Armour cap.

It's not pretty, but I was shooting for function, not fashion. I tried to sew on the Velcro panels myself, but I wasn't doing such a great job so I took it to a tailor. Posted Image Posted Image The front panel is large enough for an American flag…Posted Image Or, an ITS logo patch.Posted Image And, the patch on back is also large enough for an American flag, but I normally keep a glow-in-the-dark mini ITS logoPosted Image

Edited by Kenny, 16 December 2011 - 02:34 AM.

Posted Image

#13 Rob Henderson

Rob Henderson

Salty Dog

• Administrator
  • 346 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 09:45 AM

Kenny that looks pretty badass! I've got a Cabelas hat that I sewed a field of velcro on in the shape of our Mini PVC's. I'll take a pic later once I get home.
Posted Image

#14 txgunsuscg

txgunsuscg

Landlubber

• Crew Leader
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 09:06 AM

Personally, I like the Monkey's hat.  All the velcro you could ever want and pretty comfortable.  I have the Raw, not the Deluxe.
Better dangerous liberty than peaceful slavery.

#15 tdbarge

tdbarge

Mate

• Crew Member
  • 93 posts
  • LocationNOVA

Posted 20 December 2011 - 10:16 PM

Been wearing a Monkey RAW here in the stan. Its gotten pretty trashed to be honest, but i still love it and its still comfortable.  I will probably pick up an Arc'teryx B.A.C. when I get home.

#16 Kenny

Kenny

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 137 posts
  • LocationWatauga, TX

Posted 21 December 2011 - 08:06 AM

I looked at the Raw and that's even where I got the idea for a larger velcro area on the front. And, if my little creation doesn't work out - even though UA claims their HeatGear fabric wicks, thus keeping your dome dry, it still makes my head sweat - I plan on ordering a Raw.
Posted Image

#17 Wardy

Wardy

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 16 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 03:07 PM

Just get a Bruins Hat and leave it at that.  :D
There will always be someone stronger, faster or smarter.  So you better be truly cunning and evil /wp-content/uploads/2011/01/CrewLeaderSignature.pngLearn from Experience and Those with it.

#18 Andrew Stenback

Andrew Stenback

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:31 PM

I have the monkey raw and it is by far the best hat I've purchased hands down. It's been to Iraq and everywhere in-between going on 2 1/2 years of everyday use and still going strong.

#19 jinx667

jinx667

Life Member

• Plank Owner
  • 365 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:55 AM

Arc'yeryx BAC, fit and finish are awesome and it is super comfortable. I am also partial to my Larue Tactical hat.

A special run of ITS BACs... would be awesome! Just embroider the ITS logo where the dead bird is and BANG, pure sexy. Maybe a custom color as well (darker tan or ranger green gets my vote).

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#20 nroeber78

nroeber78

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 246 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, TX

Posted 09 May 2013 - 11:45 AM

I have 3 I wear while working around the house a Maxpedition cap, a Vertx cap both I got free and a Condor OD green a while back as well... I have a black Goruck cap that I wear practically everywhere and it even ventured into the back country this past year when I went with my sons BSA troop to Buffalo Trails... I just bought one from Rouge American Apparel because I really liked they stitched the "death card" into the hook n loop. Really like the look of that Arc'yeryx BAC as well!
  • Scot McK likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users