Photo

Bug Out Bags And Gear:What do you have in yours?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 agentofwrath13

agentofwrath13

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 13 posts
  • LocationSoutheastern United States

Posted 26 May 2010 - 02:48 AM

Whats in your BOB:pictures and lists of whats in it.

#2 Ghost

Ghost

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 03:18 AM

I don't plan on bugging out, but I am a gear w#0re, so I'll keep an eye on what other people have.
The best medicine is fire superiority

#3 hcm004

hcm004

Mate

• Crew Member
  • 63 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 08:51 AM

Well sure, I'll bite...I put together this bug out bag when I came off active duty about about a year ago.  It's changed since then, but not by much.  It rides in the back of my truck at all times.  Posted ImagePosted ImageOn the front there are my Blue Force Gear pouches, the IFAK on the left (with EMT shears on the side) and "Boo-Boo" pouch on the right.Posted ImageIn the IFAK are the essentials for GSWs, pneumothorax, etc.  I picked up most of it bumming from various recertification classes I had to sit through, some of it came with the pouch.  Inside there is:1x Israeli Field Dressing2x Gauze1x Air Release System for chest needle decompression1x Duct tape1x (usually 2x) black rubber gloves1x Nasopharyngeal Airway (with lubricant)1x Petroleum Gauze1x QuikClot spongeFirst of all, I love the pouch.  It can come completely off the bag and is self-closing.  When I need just the IFAK, and not the whole kit, I can just grab the pouch and go.  The Israeli Field Dressing receives enough praise in its own right, and deserves every bit.  I've only used it in a training environment, but it's infinitely easier than anything else I've had to use.Posted ImageInside the "Boo-Boo" pouch I keep a pack of Band-Aids (I refill it with the 97 cent boxes of from Wal-Mart in the travel section), a bottle of hand sanitizer, lip balm, and a Neosporin spray.  The little neosporin spray is really convenient.  I use this section of my kit quite frequently, and it helps to have it outside the bag.Posted ImageHere's a breakdown of what I keep in the rest of the bag:Shemagh (used as backdrop)Extra PT capMRE (plan on field-stripping eventually, but I've got plenty of room for now, so it's not much of an issue)Titanium Prybar from County Comm (I LOVE this thing!  It gets use quite frequently, and is worth its weight in gold)Charmin Travel Toilet Paper (never know...)S-BinerCAT TourniquetTarget-brand IbuprofinSpare Battery CaseDisposable Razors ACE Instant Cold CompressSaline Lock KitSAM Splint (Again, easiest splint I've ever had to use, this thing is a valuable piece of kit.  It bends but is pretty rigid when secured)Surefire G2 (not pictured)And that's pretty much it...I keep it pretty simple.  Elsewhere in my truck is a sleeping bag, emergency snivel gear, etc.  The only thing I don't keep but should is water.  I have no way to keep it from going to astronomical temps in the truck.  I've never had to bug out yet, but I've put some the components of the kit to good use.  I'm open to suggestions.

#4 John4

John4

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 19 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 05:06 PM

I am just getting mine started and always adding. Custom First aid kitPancho/tarpLots of paracordCaribinersGerber LMF knifeSurefire G2 and E2D led lightsSurefire spares carrier50 rnd Bandolier military buckshotArmy surplus wool blanketSpare ar magsPocket knifeMess kitElectrical tape Lock picksStill working on food and other items.

#5 muaddib

muaddib

Swabbie

• Crew Member
  • 49 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 05:02 PM

I am starting to build mine. I am waiting on some supplies for before I go abroad for 6 weeks to Jordan so this is what I will carry when traveling (obviously not combat oriented for now so I am going to wait to get an Israeli bandage, chest needle, and quikclot, all things that won't go through security well). I have tons of climbing grade carabineers so thats a major item already included. I will bring along another bag to hold stuff, so this pack isn't the only one I'll have.Planning on Getting a Spec Ops T.H.E. Pack w/support stays and fit a Source 3L w/helix valve in the hydration pouch- first aid kit: band aids, alcohol wipes, kerlix, more kerlix (I love kerlix), ace bandages, vasoline dressings, med tape, NPAs and lube, maybe a pocket CPR mask, standard gauze pads. Water purification tablets as well. Sun screen and neosporin if I can find them in small enough packages. If room permits a SAM splint. If available as well, bug spray. All my medications. Another important thing to keep in a BOB.- headlamp, mess kit, gerber knife (as long as it can clear customs) and compass. And 550 cord. duh.- outer shell, insulating layer (techwick longsleeve medium weight), nomex flight gloves and inserts, and a base layer (underarmour). - 2 extra 1 qt. canteens or something to hold purified water (or just pre packaged water idk yet) - we will be hiking for a few days and I am a stickler when it comes to hydration - water is life!- Other things I haven't thought of packing yet! I haven't thought ahead too much to packing for a tactical situation - but I would probably add in stuff for the med kit mainly. I would also add at least 1 MRE, more water, and more survival gear type stuff, such as a firestarter.

#6 Psybain

Psybain

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,674 posts
  • LocationSE AZ

Posted 12 March 2012 - 05:19 PM

I don't know how the water supply in Jordan is, but you might want to consider taking something like a SteriPen or iodine tablets in case you need to get water from a river while hiking, or drinking from the local water supply in general.

35066390514_66d1ce57b5_z.jpg
As Seen on: M4Carbine.net, GlockTalk, and NCGO.

#7 muaddib

muaddib

Swabbie

• Crew Member
  • 49 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 04:44 AM

Haha true - fortunately the water is safe to drink in most places as far as I am aware. I do have a bunch of water purification tablets that are in my old pack that I will transfer over to the new one. I have to look to see if they are expired though =/Another thing I'm going to add are moist towelettes - you never know when you need moist towelettes!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users