• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 eatmycamo

eatmycamo

Mate

• Crew Leader
  • 69 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 06:10 AM

Hey guys, I'm looking for a new pair of combat pants in multi cam, any ideas? I want something of top quality.
All recommendations welcome!
Posted Image

#2 eatmycamo

eatmycamo

Mate

• Crew Leader
  • 69 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 06:11 AM

Excuse my spastic spelling.
Posted Image

#3 mangeface

mangeface

Salty Dog

• 2,598 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 17 July 2013 - 07:58 AM

I would check somewhere like uscav.com. They normally have quality items, although I do not know if they will ship to the UK.

"I may walk among the sheep...but make no mistake, I am the sheepdog."
VQz5Nwz.png

#4 CalicoJack

CalicoJack

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 310 posts
  • LocationInland Northwest

Posted 17 July 2013 - 08:36 AM

What are you looking to spend? Vertx makes their pants in MC, and I think they are the bee's knees in both quality and comfort of fit. I have a pair of Crye Field Pants and they're well made, but they just don't fit as nice as the Vertx. On the lower end, Tru-Spec isn't terrible, but don't expect more than a year out of them if you're putting them through hard use.

While I breathe I shall defend.

#5 DStevenson

DStevenson

Salty Dog

• 1,869 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 17 July 2013 - 10:54 AM

Vertx makes decent pants, but you'll pay an additional premium for a camo pattern (Multi-Cam in this case) http://www.wearvertx...lticamPant.aspx and they are a little cheaper than Crye.

If money is no object? Crye AC would be where I would put my money but only if it is the combat pant you are looking for.http://www.cryepreci...Combat-Pants-Ac
The issue I have with Crye pants (like the G3)is the waist seems really high and I feel like an old man with my pants pulled up to my chest. It might be just the way they are cut at the top.

Lately I've been liking 5.11 products. Maybe it is the larger selection, or availability... http://www.511tactic...ical-Pants.html

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." Benjamin Franklin

5399202523_bd1cb04e2e_o.png

#6 mangeface

mangeface

Salty Dog

• 2,598 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 17 July 2013 - 12:03 PM

Agree with DSevenson, I'm a fan of 5.11.

"I may walk among the sheep...but make no mistake, I am the sheepdog."
VQz5Nwz.png

#7 aa

aa

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 3 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 17 July 2013 - 05:17 PM

SOD gear make outstanding trousers, and are I think slightly cheaper than Crye and ship from Italy which is handy if you are UK based. I use the stealth pants all year round for climbing, hiking,even skiing and they are brilliant. The Para-ones are very good if you want cargo/combat trousers but I use mine less then the Stealths. www.sodgear.com
  • eatmycamo likes this

#8 eatmycamo

eatmycamo

Mate

• Crew Leader
  • 69 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 12:23 AM

Money isn't really an issue I'm just after maximum comfort, quality and if possible some built in knee pads (but not necessary).
Posted Image

#9 DStevenson

DStevenson

Salty Dog

• 1,869 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 19 July 2013 - 11:16 AM

I keep pimping this place, but there is a reason for it =D
Dvor (A division of OpticsPlanet.com) has Vertx pants and shirts on sale for the next 48 hours only.
Membership only so you have to have a valid email address.

Use this link to give me credit for the referral: http://www.dvor.com/s/78l8c2.html

Edited by DStevenson, 19 July 2013 - 11:16 AM.

• Lao likes this

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." Benjamin Franklin

#10 eatmycamo

eatmycamo

Mate

• Crew Leader
  • 69 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 01:55 PM

As excellent as that sounds its cheaper for me to pay for them in the UK or Europe due to taxes and shipping, but thank you!
Posted Image

#11 Lao

Lao

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 336 posts
  • LocationDC

Posted 24 July 2013 - 05:18 AM

I like the Vertx stuff D!!!
Posted Image

#12 Lao

Lao

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 336 posts
  • LocationDC

Posted 24 July 2013 - 05:20 AM

I used your link D!
Posted Image

#13 DStevenson

DStevenson

Salty Dog

• 1,869 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 24 July 2013 - 05:22 AM

Thanks Lao... their sales change everyday at 11:00am EST. I make it part of my daily regimen to see what I can't buy today.

#14 Lao

Lao

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 336 posts
  • LocationDC

Posted 24 July 2013 - 05:26 AM

Thanks Lao... their sales change everyday at 11:00am EST. I make it part of my daily regimen to see what I can't buy today.

HAHAHA! I hear ya bro :) I think I might pick some things up though... some of it takes 1 to 2 weeks to ship though.
Posted Image

#15 nDjinn

nDjinn

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 5 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 25 July 2013 - 05:08 PM

I have a three pairs of the Crye; both the AC and G3. I like them the most all the field/combat pants I have owned, but you pay for them for sure. The first pair I have had for over a year, and I wear them a lot working in the Alaskan outdoors. I've had a few pairs of 5.11's and they are great for the money. There is no way you would be sorry for getting a pair or Crye G3.

#16 eatmycamo

eatmycamo

Mate

• Crew Leader
  • 69 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 07:55 AM

I'll definitely bare that in mind, thanks nDjinn.
Posted Image

#17 Lao

Lao

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 336 posts
  • LocationDC

Posted 26 July 2013 - 07:58 AM

I love those G3's!!!
Posted Image

#18 SteveSOS

SteveSOS

Salty Dog

• Crew Member
  • 342 posts
  • LocationAnchorage Alaska

Posted 12 February 2014 - 06:39 PM

Crye Precision G3 Combat pants, best pants I've ever bought for outdoor, competition and duty use. A little spendy, but hey who ever said this tactical hobby was cheap. :)

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users