Photo

QD shingle for ETA pouch?

Trauma Blow-out Kit Med Kit Medical Kit IFAK QD quick-detach Trauma Kit Velcro shingle

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 911 Healer

911 Healer

Life Member

• Crew Leader
  • 68 posts
  • LocationWaukee, Iowa

Posted 10 August 2013 - 10:43 PM

Hey everyone! Has anyone played-with a quick-detachable, Velcro shingle with either of the ETA pouches? For example, the loop shingle is attached to either a belt loop, or the PALS (MOLLE) webbing on a ruck/LBE/etc. - and the hook shingle is attached to the rear of the ETA pouch - making it easier to access (especially, if it is being worn on a belt)? Thanks!

AUT INVENIAM VIAM AUT FACIAM (I will either find a way, or make one.) - Hannibal

ITS Life Member and Crew Leader

Owner and Principal Instructor - at, Immediate Action Outfitters, LLC www.facebook.com/ImmediateActionOutfitters

#2 Psybain

Psybain

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,674 posts
  • LocationSE AZ

Posted 11 August 2013 - 07:44 AM

I haven't, but since they come woth molle stix now, they're pretty easy to quickly remove if need be.

35066390514_66d1ce57b5_z.jpg
As Seen on: M4Carbine.net, GlockTalk, and NCGO.

#3 911 Healer

911 Healer

Life Member

• Crew Leader
  • 68 posts
  • LocationWaukee, Iowa

Posted 11 August 2013 - 01:59 PM

No, I'm not talking "quickly" to remove it - but "immediately", during an exigent circumstance - the whole reason for carrying a trauma kit. Depending on the location of a bleed, a person can completely exsanguinate within two minutes, time. I don't want to fiddle-around with removing the Molly Stix - or a belt from the MALICE Clips - when someone is bleeding-out.

AUT INVENIAM VIAM AUT FACIAM (I will either find a way, or make one.) - Hannibal

Owner and Principal Instructor - at, Immediate Action Outfitters, LLC www.facebook.com/ImmediateActionOutfitters

#4 Psybain

Psybain

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,674 posts
  • LocationSE AZ

Posted 11 August 2013 - 02:24 PM

In the video Bryan filmed about molle sticks, it only takes him about a second to remove the eta kit from a chest rig.

#5 911 Healer

911 Healer

Life Member

• Crew Leader
  • 68 posts
  • LocationWaukee, Iowa

Posted 11 August 2013 - 02:44 PM

I don't believe the Molly Stix come with the pouches. I think they still come with MALICE Clips. Plus, for those of us who wear the kit on the posterior half of our pants belt (in my case, a 1.75", 5.11 Operator Belt) - the Molly Stix would not work (nothing to "lock" on to).

Edited by 911 Healer, 11 August 2013 - 02:46 PM.

#6 Psybain

Psybain

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,674 posts
  • LocationSE AZ

Posted 11 August 2013 - 03:45 PM

Jones tactical has something like what you're looking for, but I haven't seen any firsthand accounts of how well they work.

#7 citadelmjt

citadelmjt

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 11 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 11 August 2013 - 04:24 PM

Hey everyone! Has anyone played-with a quick-detachable, Velcro shingle with either of the ETA pouches? For example, the loop shingle is attached to either a belt loop, or the PALS (MOLLE) webbing on a ruck/LBE/etc. - and the hook shingle is attached to the rear of the ETA pouch - making it easier to access (especially, if it is being worn on a belt)? Thanks!

From what it sounds like, you're asking about a Velcro platform for IFAKs? That's what I currently have on my tier 2 GHB so it doesn't get much use, however, I have played around with it quite a bit and in the event of an emergency, it would be extremely handy. For instance, I could "tear" it right off the platform and run with it from my car if I didn't need the entire bag or if I'm wearing the bag, someone else could easily detach it to provide SABC on me.

#8 911 Healer

911 Healer

Life Member

• Crew Leader
  • 68 posts
  • LocationWaukee, Iowa

Posted 11 August 2013 - 06:18 PM

From what it sounds like, you're asking about a Velcro platform for IFAKs? That's what I currently have on my tier 2 GHB so it doesn't get much use, however, I have played around with it quite a bit and in the event of an emergency, it would be extremely handy. For instance, I could "tear" it right off the platform and run with it from my car if I didn't need the entire bag or if I'm wearing the bag, someone else could easily detach it to provide SABC on me.

What I'm looking for is an actual Velcro shingle that I can use to mount my ETA and have a quick-detach capability. I have other IFAK pouches that have this capability, sewn-into them - but what I want is to keep the ETA pouch, but in a variant that can be ripped from whatever it is mounted to. My ideal situation would be in a PALS (MOLLE) mounting capability - as well as a pants belt-mount capability - and the ability to pull the pouch from a ruck, or from a flank-mount on my pants belt.

#9 911 Healer

911 Healer

Life Member

• Crew Leader
  • 68 posts
  • LocationWaukee, Iowa

Posted 20 December 2013 - 12:44 PM

As an update - the ATS "Medical Pouch - Small" is the closest to what I have been looking, for.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Trauma, Blow-out Kit, Med Kit, Medical Kit, IFAK, QD, quick-detach, Trauma Kit, Velcro shingle

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users