6 replies to this topic

#1 Poochalottamus

Poochalottamus

Swabbie

• Crew Member
  • 36 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ and Boston, MA

Posted 16 August 2013 - 09:30 PM

Just purchased this gem yesterday. Wondering who already owns one, and what you think of it. Is it durable, and does it work? Also bought the Suunto Clipper compass for my watch. Any reviews on that. These items will now be part of my every day carry. Just looking for some input.

#2 LongHaul

LongHaul

Life Member

• 750 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 24 August 2013 - 05:09 PM

I've been very pleased with the Bogata Entry Toolset (Titanium). It's been part of my EDC for about a year and I've used it for frequent practice as well as a few real world applications and it shows no signs of weakening or wearing out. Check out this article from the ITS Crew. It's from a few years ago, but has a great review of the tools and some suggestions on use, storage, and carry.

15192964064_247b8d6ceb.jpg

artwork courtesy of a good friend on the forums!

#3 Poochalottamus

Poochalottamus

Swabbie

• Crew Member
  • 36 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ and Boston, MA

Posted 25 August 2013 - 12:20 PM

Thanks. I've actually receieved it already and I cannot stop using it. I practice (with permission of course) on every door I can. I'm getting real good and quick at unlocking doors. I can't wait to actually be able to use it in practical everyday use.

#4 Chris Anders

Chris Anders

Swabbie

• Crew Leader
  • 39 posts
  • LocationGranite Falls, NC

Posted 05 September 2013 - 09:14 AM

What about the stainless steel cards. Are they any less quality that the titanium? I would like to know because it would be the deciding factor in getting titanium or steel. Thanks for the help.

Nunquam non parati

CrewLeaderSignature.png

#5 LongHaul

LongHaul

Life Member

• 750 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 05 September 2013 - 09:47 AM

I've only used the titanium picks. From what I've heard the main difference is that steel will eventually develop some corrosion, but I don't think that should be too big of a problem and it seems most picks are made of steel. I've been thinking about picking up a steel entry card. Someone else know of any another differences?

#6 LongHaul

LongHaul

Life Member

• 750 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 05 September 2013 - 09:57 AM

Oh, also the titanium is not magnetic.

#7 crowley

crowley

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 12:44 AM

I bought the titanium 4 piece set twice. The first time i was very pleased with it, and it became my EDC/primary tool. I bought some spares but to my horror, they replaced the short hook with a double humped bogota! The short hook is key to my picking style. They're not responding to my mails either. I'm quite disappointed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users