• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 SIBE*96

SIBE*96

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 11:24 AM

@AaronK in southern arizona. the handbook clearly states "any blade, jagged edged device, or cutting tool with a blade longer than two and one half inches is striclty prohibited on educational and/or administrative property within b*********i school district."
  • Davis likes this

#22 AaronK

AaronK

Salty Dog

• Crew Member
  • 1,070 posts
  • LocationWA

Posted 24 October 2013 - 05:48 PM

Go AZ!

#23 Davis

Davis

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,341 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:25 PM

@AaronK in southern arizona. the handbook clearly states "any blade, jagged edged device, or cutting tool with a blade longer than two and one half inches is striclty prohibited on educational and/or administrative property within b*********i school district."

I've been here 2 years now and this state just keep on getting more awesome!
  • spenceman likes this

Ir2fdXw.png?1

Put good in, get good out. 

#24 DeLoneTrooper

DeLoneTrooper

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 07:56 PM

@SIBE*96 Thats pretty darn sweet that you can carry a blade. Wish I could, but also im just a lousy freshman. Love the all out tac gear, but personally I like to be a "Gray man" that blends in, but I also always want to have the right stuff. I am definately adding a flahlight to my edc. Also, do you have any takes on medi supplies, other than bandaids?

So far I just carry on my person, phone, pen, wallet, and rite in the rain notebook, and an Timex Iron man watch.

In my pack, I carry minimal trauma and boo-boo supplies, school stuff, water bladder, and occasionally a phone charger.

Further more, has anyone here used the EDC slim line pouch for a phone carrier? If so how does that blend in on an edc? I wear a 5.11 Nylon belt, so that is not an issue to add. What else do you recommend for a phone carrier? I have an iPhone 5, and its a pain in the ass to carry with an otterbox case and jean pockets. Suggestions much appreciated.

#25 SIBE*96

SIBE*96

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 01:40 PM

@DelLone Trooper: yeah it fits right in the added pocket in my boot.
@Davis: yeah im outside of Tucson. and you?

#26 Davis

Davis

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,341 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 25 October 2013 - 02:24 PM

Up in Mesa, just outside of Phoenix.

Ir2fdXw.png?1

Put good in, get good out. 

#27 Thentantt

Thentantt

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 6 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 03 November 2013 - 10:40 PM

In high school i carried little as possible, i carried a knife out of school, and was only allowed to carry one to my EMT class with my uniform of course, otherwise i mainly carried one notebook, a but load of pens, my ipad, my watch, and of course 550 cord.

#28 Armitage12

Armitage12

Salty Dog

• Validating
  • 171 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 04 November 2013 - 05:46 PM

I would think, and will tell my boys this, that the best things to carry to school are the things they need to get home. That means knowledge (location, travel routes, and resources) and equipment for that purpose. Proper shoes, proper clothes, proper equipment for moving overland if they had to to get home or an alternate assembly location.

#29 agentofwrath13

agentofwrath13

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 13 posts
  • LocationSoutheastern United States

Posted 19 April 2014 - 06:01 AM

I am a junior in high school and have carried an EDC since middle school. My EDC bag currently is a TAD Dispatch Bag in black. On my person I carry: my wallet, phone, and a few pens and pencils for school. I have my EDC bag broken up into sub-loads. In the outside front organizer under the flap I have: bose earbuds, pens and pencils, large eraser, hand sanitizer, and an extra carabiner. The bag has a tendency to flop over and not sit upright. To mitigate that issue I placed a Blue Force Gear velcro pad insert inside the front organizer pocket that runs the length of the bag on the front. On that insert I have an elastic gear organizer where I keep: My Surefire  E2L Outdoorsman with KX2C lamp and Scout Click Tailcap, and while not at school I fill out the rest of with my Leathermen Skeleton and Gerber DeFacto. On the inside velcroed the loop field I have a custom London Bridge Medical Insert with the following attached: Trauma Scizzors, Combat Application Tourniquet, Quickclot, 2 Hyfin Chest Seals, NPA, and an Israeli Dressing. My boo boo kit is a red Pro Med Kits Pouch.  Attached to the side via grimloc I keep a small roll of medical tape. Inside I carry: various bandaids, a couple gauze pads, tylenol, ibuprofen, benedryl, immodium, pepto, visine, alcohol prep pads, antibiotic ointment, pair of nitrile gloves, a few Qtips, and 2 burn jel packets. My survival/everyday item subload is an equinox pouch. Inside that I carry kleenex, Chapstick, 550 cord, Surefire Saint Minimus, duct tape on an old hotel room key, multicam bandana, Adventure Medical survival blanket, lighter, matches, 2 vaseline soaked cotton balls in a baggy, extra batteries for flashlights, snowpeak titanium spork, cliffbar, and phone charger. My fix-it sub-load is Specops Brand Wallet. Inside I carry: photon keychain light, lockpicks, WD40 pen, zip ties, super glue, and a small roll of electrical tape.   Loose in the main compartment I have the sub-loads, sunglasses, hydroflask coffee mug, and my school stuff like notebook and book. In the flashlight cave I carry my keys on a Mojo Medical Scizzor leash. Aside from my keys on the keychain i carry: tweezers, micro prybar, collapsible scizorrs, window punch/seatbelt cutter, and a fox40 micro whistle. I'll post pictures if you guys want some.

#30 redsol1

redsol1

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 480 posts
  • LocationShenandoa Valley Virginia

Posted 28 April 2014 - 04:01 PM

Except for my knives my EDC (truly everyday, I don't go anywhere without it) might work well for you. It consists of:

Left pocket

Fisher Space pen
Gerber bear grilles folding scout knife
Gerber shard (small nonbladed multitool)
32gb flash drive

Right pocket
Folding utility knife or larger folding knife
Pelican AAA flash light
ChapStick

I'm amazed how often I use the flashlight and shard tool. If you don't carry a flashlight on you at all times you should. That wouldbgo miles to improve your edc. Nice thing is, this set takes up only pocket space.

La'

Edited by redsol1, 30 April 2014 - 08:18 AM.

Step 1: Unfuck your gear Step 2: Unfuck your buddy Step 3: Unfuck yourself In that order.
— 3 Steps to Being a Team Player (Via Redteams.net)
Posted Image

#31 Joemetro

Joemetro

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 07:52 AM

Your aluminum pen is an stabbing weapon, your notebook is a shield, and your backpack can be used to strike with. Its terrible that kids actually have to consider needing an edc at school. I wish i could have my girls carry OC or a delica but that dont float in PC world. I carried a pocket knife when i was in school never had a problem.

#32 Joemetro

Joemetro

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 07:55 AM

I told my 13 year old girls, scream like all hell, groin kick, take out a knee, eye gouge, if any adult tries to fuck with them. If someone tries abducting them i want them to fuck him up bad.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users