• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 DeathwatchDoc

DeathwatchDoc

Salty Dog

• 1,936 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 07 September 2013 - 03:38 PM

I have been scrounging through the forums for a while and haven't really found any major discussion of wallets. I love the one I have but it is definitely not aging well (was cheap...) and I am looking to do some major upgrading in the future.

At one point I was thinking about the double ID LA Wallet from County Comm, but I have read the plastic quickly gains the print from cards.

Then I was onto the ID wallet from Saddleback Leather and heard mostly good things about that.

I have been perusing the various EDC contests and googling the wallets, but I really want to hear what everyone carries, but most importantly WHY. I am looking for a long life wallet that is minimal and slim but still has a easy view ID slot though I am willing to give that up if need be to get slimness and longevity.

Thanks for your suggestions and your time (pictures are a plus to)!

Doc

89BccLb.png

#2 mangeface

mangeface

Salty Dog

• 2,598 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 07 September 2013 - 04:15 PM

http://itstactical.c...n-a-new-wallet/

:P

I just use a Maxpedition wallet I got with an order. Carried it for 3 years, 0 complaints. Still looks just as great as when I got it. Velcro still securely holds it closed, no stitching coming apart.

"I may walk among the sheep...but make no mistake, I am the sheepdog."
VQz5Nwz.png

#3 DeathwatchDoc

DeathwatchDoc

Salty Dog

• 1,936 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 07 September 2013 - 08:31 PM

I deserve that, my search must have been weak this morning. I was trying to do it from my phone while my running partner caught his breath...

89BccLb.png

#4 Hawkthrower

Hawkthrower

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 18 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:28 AM

I carry a stainless steel wallet (stewartstand) I am very happy with it.
They block RFID to resist fraud, and wear very well.

#5 Distorted

Distorted

Landlubber

• Crew Leader
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 12:22 AM

I can definitely vouch for the Saddleback ID wallet if you want something minimal and sturdy. I use it to carry my ATM card, two credit cards, driver's license, access card for the office and several bills of cash. It slides in an out of my pocket easily and the leather has broken in quite nicely. You can easily fit a few more cards into the wallet if need be as well.

#6 SevenAngelz

SevenAngelz

Swabbie

• Crew Leader
  • 38 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:36 AM

Hi, a week or two ago I saw this link in the Sqauk Box, thought I'd pass the it along, it looks promising and I'll be ordering a few of these wallets for myself and family. :tongue:
http://www.kickstart...let-20?ref=live

Currently I've been carrying 3 wallets - A nice front pocket wallet/Money clip style, a badger from Hazard4 and a Spec-Ops brand shark-bite wallet.

#7 Scot McK

Scot McK

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 154 posts
  • LocationTampa, FL

Posted 24 September 2013 - 09:38 AM

This looked interesting http://formfunctionf...hitects-wallet/
Posted Image

#8 Willasan

Willasan

Landlubber

• Crew Leader
  • 13 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:02 PM

Picked one of these up about a year ago in leather. Washed it the other day on accident, didn't even faze it. At first I was a bit skeptical, it is very light and THIN, but it's held up very well. Highly recommended.

http://www.all-ett.com/inside-id/

#9 artrain

artrain

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 10 posts
  • LocationTexas Gulf Coast

Posted 14 October 2013 - 11:07 AM

Front pocket money clip.... http://www.tumi.com/...indSrc=paramNav

Front thigh pocket wallet.... http://www.tumi.com/...indSrc=paramNav

#10 psyphris

psyphris

Life Member

• Crew Leader
  • 11 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:57 PM

I can definitely vouch for the Saddleback ID wallet if you want something minimal and sturdy. I use it to carry my ATM card, two credit cards, driver's license, access card for the office and several bills of cash. It slides in an out of my pocket easily and the leather has broken in quite nicely. You can easily fit a few more cards into the wallet if need be as well.

I'm really looking forward to getting a Saddleback Wallet... just need to wait for a few less expensive months to pass :)

#11 Boanerges

Boanerges

Swabbie

• Crew Member
  • 35 posts
  • LocationTideH20

Posted 18 March 2014 - 04:45 PM

I met with a of Rabbi awhile ago and askes if he could get with a couple of his buddies to save the foreskins from their circumcisums. I wanted to make a tactical wallet from them. It would be an every day carry wallet. When I need a 3 day bag, I just rub wallet a few times and "wa la" it expands into a leather pact. If something larger, like a duffel bag, is needed i just keep on rubbing till the right size is reached. Once I packed my gear away, I just throw some cold water on the package and it shrinks up tight making it water proof!

#12 spenceman

spenceman

Life Member

• Plank Owner
  • 907 posts
  • LocationAZ

Posted 22 March 2014 - 01:32 PM

lol, foreskin wallets, the latest in edc technology

PlankOwnerSignatureAZ.gif FBI's Most Wanted for charges of serial thread hijacking.

I'm like a cheap wine. I get better the more you drink.

#13 DeathwatchDoc

DeathwatchDoc

Salty Dog

• 1,936 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 22 March 2014 - 03:24 PM

Is that a wallet in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?

89BccLb.png

#14 Appattack

Appattack

Mate

• Life Member
  • 98 posts
  • LocationLake Tahoe, NV

Posted 22 March 2014 - 04:24 PM

CountyComm LA wallet...... Small, discreet, carries everything I need and none of the crap I thought I needed.......... Lost my first, and am now on my second.

Muster 2, GR Challenges 840/1036, Navigator 006

#15 Peter.C

Peter.C

Swabbie

• Crew Leader
  • 38 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 22 March 2014 - 08:01 PM

I'm in the market for a new wallet but I'm going to wait for the ITS Harpoon wallet. I think it will be just what I need.

#16 victorgolf

victorgolf

Mate

• Crew Leader
  • 56 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 22 March 2014 - 08:50 PM

I'm in the market for a new wallet but I'm going to wait for the ITS Harpoon wallet. I think it will be just what I need.

that looks the business!, I always end up spending a fortune of leather wallets, and then destroy them, the Harpoon wallet looks like it would wear better and probably be far more resistant to moisture!

• Atree likes this

Untitled.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users