25 replies to this topic

#21 Davis

Davis

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,341 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 12 February 2014 - 06:56 PM

I love this discussion, I am actually in the middle of writing a review for my new EDC pack, which in my opinion is the pinnacle of everything i have ever wanted in an EDC pack. The Fight and Flight Tactical LLAMA Pack, or formerly known as the Skinny Sasquatch. I will link to the review when I am done with it for pictures and explanations of why I love it. With that said, like most of us I am sure, I am a gear whore. As soon as things come out I need to have it, play with it, and either love it or hate it. Much to my soon to be wife's chagrin our spare room is nothing but a computer desk and gear.

[...]

So you can see the issue, I went from a standard small "oh crap I may need something" EDC pack to a "HOLY HELL THE END IS NIGH GOOD THING I HAVE DAMN NEAR EVERYTHING AN OPERATOR NEEDS!". So again I moved on, and was very irritated that now I had no bag for daily use well at least not one that forced me to choose my gear wisely instead of "let's just take it all". Then on a net search at random I found the Skinny Sasquatch pack, and notice that it was made by Fight and Flight tactical for 72 Tactical. I had already been a customer of Fight and Flight Tactical to outfit my dog in her own tactical vest, so I called Dave and spoke with him a bit and he was in the middle of transitioning to make the pack on his own. So I bought one.

Let me tell you this pack is insanely well built and made in the states, It's got a unique compartment that is only 4 inches from your back to the front of the pack very skinny and when loaded extremely stable and low profile. It was large enough to take the essentials and small enough that I had to pick and choose what was going to go with me. My current EDC pack weighs 12 pounds and is a delight to carry. Climbing up through things and whatnot its skinny low profile ensures that it doesn't get snagged on anything and slow you down. Its removable waist belt i replaced with an HSGI battle belt and currently use it as a ditch harness with a petzl exo. I couldn't be happier with the pack itself I have a full review on it coming out soon and would strongly suggest it to anyone.

That is my two cents worth. I hope it helped a little.
Steve

Steve, is this the pack that you are talking about? http://missionspec.c...ulti-role-pack/

Ir2fdXw.png?1

Put good in, get good out. 

#22 spenceman

spenceman

Life Member

• Plank Owner
  • 907 posts
  • LocationAZ

Posted 12 February 2014 - 07:00 PM

Glad to hear your thoughts on the Khard 45, I just got the Khard 30 last week and its a little on the small side, and I had been wondering if I should've gone for the 45. But like you said, when you have a big pack, you tend to fill a big pack. I'll do a review in a couple of months, after putting the pack through it's paces. That, and I need the time to really sit down and evaluate my daily carry gear.

• Davis likes this

PlankOwnerSignatureAZ.gif FBI's Most Wanted for charges of serial thread hijacking.

I'm like a cheap wine. I get better the more you drink.

#23 SteveSOS

SteveSOS

Salty Dog

• Crew Member
  • 342 posts
  • LocationAnchorage Alaska

Posted 12 February 2014 - 07:33 PM

Yes Davis that is the pack however here is the actual manufacturer of it and they are a great company to work with.

http://www.fightandf...sault-pack.html
  • Davis likes this
Posted Image

#24 Appattack

Appattack

Mate

• Life Member
  • 98 posts
  • LocationLake Tahoe, NV

Posted 18 February 2014 - 03:06 PM

Three of my buddies did our Challenge with $30 5.11 knock-offs they bought from feakin' Walmart (identical to Rush 72's). Not a single damn thread popped out on any of them!............. I was actually disappointed because I'm considered the 'gear whore' with my fancy Rush 12,24,72's and I told them that I'm not helping them out when their packs break down half way through the event.

Bottom line is that most of the top-quality gear is only needed if it's being dragged though multiple combat tours by people who were issued it with someone else's money and thus treat it like was stollen.

As unpopular as it may be, Chinese slave labor still gets the job done!

Muster 2, GR Challenges 840/1036, Navigator 006

#25 ryno

ryno

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 6 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted 14 January 2015 - 03:34 AM

kind of reviving this thread as I found in Google search of the GR1 vs TAD lightspeed.

@uncle_creepy I appreciate your review between the two. Hasn't completely swayed me in one direction but it cleared a couple things up.

Thx all

#26 Appattack

Appattack

Mate

• Life Member
  • 98 posts
  • LocationLake Tahoe, NV

Posted 26 January 2015 - 01:03 PM

I finally bought the bullet and got a GR2 last summer at a good deal ($100+ off retail, new). I've only used it for carry on and road trip travel because it's slick and discreet.

I've gone through a bunch more Gorucks and other events this past year all with my various 5.11 packs and am still completely problem free and still love them.

I got the Goruck bag mostly because I support the company and believe in what they do. But honestly, there's better options for EDC bags and I'd certainly never pay for one full price.

Muster 2, GR Challenges 840/1036, Navigator 006

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users