• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 SevenAngelz

SevenAngelz

Swabbie

• Crew Leader
  • 38 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 03:42 AM

Hey guys I've been using this bag for a little over two weeks now and I just thought I'd do a review for the bag, so far it's held up quite nice as an EDC messenger bag it's the smallest of the messenger bags that 5.11 makes there are two more variations they've named "Rush Delivery Lima & Rush Delivery XRTA" the dimensions for those bags are as follows for the Lima it's 11” H x 17” L x 4” W; 748 Cu. In. & for the XTRA it's 12” H x 20” L x 6.5” W; 1560 Cu. In. The dimensions of the bag I'll be reviewing today are 9.5” H x 14” L x 3.5” W; 385 Cu. In. There are 2 flap pockets along with 2 mesh side pockets that expand to accomodate a water bottle, small portable fire Extinguisher etc. as well as a padded shoulder strap with a sternum strap, the inside of the main bag has 9 pockets of various sizes and 2 of those pockets are zippered mesh pockets, there is also a long strip of velcro that lines one full side of the interior of the inside good for moral patches and Hook & Loop pouches, on the front portion of the bag there are 9 pockets of various sizes and organization for pens notes etc. with one long zippered pocket. The very back of the bag has another pocket that is lined with velcro in the very center suitable for a pistol it has double zippers for strong arm/weak arm draw options and you can fully unzip the back as there are 2 long strips of velcro with a gap in the center when the need for drawing your weapon quickly arises, as an added bonus there is also a luggage holder on the back of the bag to attach to your carrier when going on trips also the grommets on the main compartment are covered as to keep dirt and debris out but also allow water drainage, I've taken some photos and will add them along with the review. My daily EDC varies but this bags seems to get the job done for now Again as this is my first review of anything I hope you guys enjoy it and let me know what points I should cover and add, I'll try and get a YouTube review out after I get over the stage fright of broadcasting to the world :headbang:

Photo was taken with Galaxy Note 3.

Attached Files

#2 mangeface

mangeface

Salty Dog

• 2,598 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 10 November 2013 - 11:42 AM

Nice bag. Good job!

"I may walk among the sheep...but make no mistake, I am the sheepdog."
VQz5Nwz.png

#3 DirtyTrigger

DirtyTrigger

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 447 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 10 November 2013 - 12:21 PM

Outstanding. Thank you for the review. A bag like that is hopefully in my future with possible career change and I have been looking at different styles. I enjoyed that.

Tu7wwUX.png?1

"Opportunity favors the prepared."

#4 CENTCOMSurvivor

CENTCOMSurvivor

Down Wit' Da Hui

• 947 posts
  • LocationTampa/St Petersburg Florida

Posted 10 November 2013 - 08:10 PM

I'm not a huge 511 fan, but they do seem to make some decent bags. We just got issued a discreet backpack which is actually pretty nice.

Thanks for sharing your review with us.
Posted Image

#5 dezeeb

dezeeb

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 01:33 PM

Do you know how well this would fit a 15" Macbook Pro? The dimensions make it look doable. I'm not bothered if its a bit of a tight fit, in fact I'd prefer it.

#6 Section13

Section13

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 14 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 13 November 2013 - 03:27 PM

SevenAngelz,

I thought I replied to this post but it must gone missing in cyberspace.

Excellent review. I've been looking at this bag for quite a while now and your review helped me decide that this is the bag for me! I am going with the LIMA though since I am unsure (after calculations using a tape-meassure) that my MacBook Air 13" will fit in the MIKE and still give room for some books.

Again; Thank you!

CENTCOMSurvivor,

Would that be the 5.11 Covrt-18 backpack by any chance?

#7 SevenAngelz

SevenAngelz

Swabbie

• Crew Leader
  • 38 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 05:40 AM

The MIKE bag currently retails for $89.99, the LIMA bag for $99.99 & the XTRA is $109.99 on LApolicegear if you order any of the 3 bags from them they will also send you a knife as well as free shipping on orders over $60.00.

@dezeeb it will fit up to a 14 inch laptop little tight but perfectly fits a 13 inch laptop.

@Section13 It will fit your 13inch mac perfectly and as for books if it's thicker than 1~1/2 inches it would be a really tight fit, you prob won't be able to get any practical use out of the organizer pockets with that much in the MIKE if you want a good fit for your mac 13 I'd go with the Mike -any thick books as you should still get enough for the basics and your other "EDC" gear depending on your set-up.

Ill be sure to post an update as to what I carry and why using this bag in a little while(still at work) as this is a fast reply I can't post any pics, I'll post some more updates and pics after work.

P.S. do a search for discount codes if you order from lapg.comI found a 10%off the total when I ordered, if that doesn't work usually using "LAPG" gets you 5% off the total order😊

Edited by SevenAngelz, 15 November 2013 - 05:41 AM.

#8 cowboyarcher

cowboyarcher

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 4 posts
  • LocationSE WY

Posted 29 November 2013 - 08:31 PM

Thanks for posting this review! The 5.11 stock photos on their site leave a little to be desired. . .

Anyhow, I have a fitment question as well, as I just got a new 14" laptop and am curious if it will fit in the laptop sleeve. The dimensions are: 9.37" x 13.66" x 0.81".

I don't like a huge bag so this seem perfect if it will indeed fit. . .

Thanks again!

#9 Wild Bill

Wild Bill

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 01:02 AM

I had been looking at this bag and as SevenAngelz pointed out the 5.11 website pics aren't that great. Due to his good review and pics, I pulled the trigger and ordered one. It did help that 5.11 is running 25% discount and free shipping.

Edited by Wild Bill, 30 November 2013 - 01:04 AM.

#10 SevenAngelz

SevenAngelz

Swabbie

• Crew Leader
  • 38 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 06:14 AM

@ cowboyarcher, It should fit in the compartment as I managed to get just a tad bit over 14inchs in there.

I honestly like the bag because it's compact and holds just what I need for daily activities I also use the "Grid-It" organizer for some more customization and it's working awsome, I'll most likely order the medium size so I have more space and to run more configurations.

@Wild Bill, Glad to hear you liked my review I plan on getting a decent camera to take more high quality pics and write more in-depth reviews in the future, btw I'm glad the review helped you :)

#11 cowboyarcher

cowboyarcher

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 4 posts
  • LocationSE WY

Posted 30 November 2013 - 08:22 AM

Thanks SevenAngelz, I also found your review was enough to lead me to purchase one yesterday. I ordered it through LA Police gear for under $68 plus free shipping and the free promo knife. I couldn't hardly afford not to order one!

Thanks again, I appreciate the time you took to respond! God bless you!

#12 SevenAngelz

SevenAngelz

Swabbie

• Crew Leader
  • 38 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 09:01 AM

@cowboyarcher, good stuff! Fortunately I ordered mine before the 25%off + they forgot to send me the knife so I'll be getting that in the mail soon. I keep meaning to add a topic on what I carry day in day off using this bag so hopefully when I have some time I'll post that later😊

#13 Romeo

Romeo

Landlubber

• Crew Leader
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 07:59 PM

I've been using the old 5.11 Rush Messenger for a long time now (long as bags go), and I like it. I need something bigger. I looked at the XRay, the biggest of their new bags I believe. I just do not like the dual colors they have now. Good review though. I just can't get past the colors.

#14 SevenAngelz

SevenAngelz

Swabbie

• Crew Leader
  • 38 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 09:24 PM

If I understand they will be coming out with 4 color variations I personally like the Double Tap color patern as it goes good with most types of daily attire.

#15 cowboyarcher

cowboyarcher

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 4 posts
  • LocationSE WY

Posted 04 December 2013 - 10:08 PM

I've been using the old 5.11 Rush Messenger for a long time now (long as bags go), and I like it. I need something bigger. I looked at the XRay, the biggest of their new bags I believe. I just do not like the dual colors they have now. Good review though. I just can't get past the colors.

They have a solid black and solid tan version. . .

#16 SevenAngelz

SevenAngelz

Swabbie

• Crew Leader
  • 38 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 06:34 AM

Currently they offer it in Black, Double Tap, OD Trail, & Sandstone.

#17 Romeo

Romeo

Landlubber

• Crew Leader
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 03:56 PM

Oh, you are correct. Not sure if I missed the sandstone or just ready for something different.

#18 Section13

Section13

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 14 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 05 January 2014 - 06:49 PM

@Section13 It will fit your 13inch mac perfectly and as for books if it's thicker than 1~1/2 inches it would be a really tight fit, you prob won't be able to get any practical use out of the organizer pockets with that much in the MIKE if you want a good fit for your mac 13 I'd go with the Mike -any thick books as you should still get enough for the basics and your other "EDC" gear depending on your set-up.

I don't want to necro-post in anyway but just wanted to let you know that I went with the LIMA (middle sized, black) size bag in the end. The laptop-pocket is a bit big for a MBA 13" but it doesn't move around in anyway that I feel may damage the computer so it's all fine.

I find these 3 bags absolutely amazing and well thought trough. I use my LIMA every day. Next monday when school starts we'll see how good it is with a ton of books in it :)

Regards,

Edited by Section13, 05 January 2014 - 06:49 PM.

#19 Fst

Fst

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 03:40 AM

Hey guys.

I want to buy either MIKE or LIMA model of this bag. 

Can someone post images where you can see how big this bag looks like on you (no need to show face!). 

Can you tell me also, how much these bag weight in kilograms ? and how rigid are they? Can I (when having it not full) put there a sweatshirt if I needed? 

Thanks for any information!

#20 cowboyarcher

cowboyarcher

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 4 posts
  • LocationSE WY

Posted 28 January 2014 - 07:44 AM

I do not have pics, but an update on my experience with the Mike. As soon as I loaded my 14" laptop, charger, Bible and some other small items, the bag was packed full. It really is not designed to have much at all in it. 5.11 padded both sides of the bag and stacked so many layer of fabric to create pockets, that for my uses, the bag was just too small. I sold it and went to a Maxpedition Larkspur. 

Fst - if you want to be able to put a sweatshirt in it, I am not sure the Mike will work for you. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users