24 replies to this topic

#21 RKlenka

RKlenka

Mate

• Crew Member
  • 70 posts
  • LocationFort Worth, Texas

Posted 01 March 2014 - 12:43 AM

Fan of the Cold Steel Espada as my primary, with a CRKT M16 as more of the work horse back up. Sometimes i carry a fix blade on my 'weak' side IWB. Usally have a leather man on me, then a small knife cheap on my keychain for boxes and letters. All of them i can access off hand, but i should really start carrying a dedicated one on that side anyways. I have been playing with the idea of a neck knife but not completely sold on the idea yet.

Texas CHL Instructor, NRA Instructor, ACT Instructor, ALIVE! Combatives Instructor, Systema Instructor, American Ninjutsu Instructor, CTCTG Instructor/Facilitator, blah blah blah and so on.
http://www.fortworthcombatives.com

#22 Appattack

Appattack

Mate

• Life Member
  • 98 posts
  • LocationLake Tahoe, NV

Posted 01 March 2014 - 04:44 PM

I never liked the look of the Spyderco's. I've EDC's a Benchmade Griptillian for the past year but find it to be a bit to conspicuous and fat-bodied for my liking ( I wear thinner cut jeans). I EDC's Kershaw's for years and I'm thinking of going back to them.

Muster 2, GR Challenges 840/1036, Navigator 006

#23 SteveSOS

SteveSOS

Salty Dog

• Crew Member
  • 341 posts
  • LocationAnchorage Alaska

Posted 03 March 2014 - 03:17 AM

I carry a Benchmade Infidel and a benchmade SOCP

Posted Image

#24 leosavage

leosavage

Salty Dog

• Crew Member
  • 212 posts
  • LocationKentucky

Posted 09 March 2014 - 01:13 PM

If you want a tank of a knife that will take a silly sharp edge and hold it like no other the spyderco Gayle Bradley with the cpm m4 steel blade is my suggestion. Not overly big a bit heavy but I've had fixed blades that didn't seem as strong as the liner lock on this thing. As for the steel well cpm m4 is the number 1 choice in competition blade sports for a reason just keep in mind it isn't stainless

#25 darkwolf

darkwolf

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 05:05 AM

EDC cold steel AK-47 as a general utility knife. 2nd is cold steel Spartan, it is used for nothing except keeping someone from getting my gun (also EDC) but the one I use most and find very useful is SOG Micron tanto. Taking out a 3.5+" blade to open a package or cut an irish panet is just to much, and scares people. But this little thing is sharp and if needed can do some good damage. Plus the chicks think its cute. Lol

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: backup knife, knife, EDC, every day carry, pocket knife

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users