108 replies to this topic

#21 mikejulietpapa

mikejulietpapa

Salty Dog

• Life Member
  • 719 posts
  • LocationDE

Posted 25 January 2011 - 03:31 AM

There are a few new bags I'm hoping to get my hands on (or would it be 'get my arms through'.... ) and try out. We just saw them this year at SHOT Show and I was pretty impressed. Camelbak Urban Assault Concealed- This one is a total plain looking school backpack but has some hidden compartments for carrying up to two full size handguns. Even has a bit of webbing that you can strap anything to inside. It's great because it truly looks like a normal backpack. I doubt that anyone would call it tactical looking especially if you get it in the blue or red color models. Here's a few pics: Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image TSSI Ultimate Bail Out Bag- The only one they had available for showing was this ABU Tigerstripe one but it will come in the standard [tactical] colors. It has more functionality than the Camelbak but it's certainly not going to blend in as well. It also has some very cool internal velcro pouches that you can store cables or other loose items (or anything) by a sort of category and just rip that one pouch out of you need it.  Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image Anyway, just a few neat bags out there that may be worth looking into. Also, there was the Mission Pack Micro from SO Tech. I'd love to try that one out too. S.O. Tech Mission Pack MicroPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image Oh and the SO Tech Paladin Mission Go Bag is sure to be a winner Posted ImagePosted Image

#22 walrus61

walrus61

Life Member

• Plank Owner
  • 30 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 04:22 AM

I'm a big fan of Kifaru. Sure their product are pricey, but they're bombproof and made in USAImho  their E&E bag is just right for a BOB, you can accessorize it with internal pouches if you need some form of organization.https://kifaru.net/escape-evade.html
Posted Image

#23 mikejulietpapa

mikejulietpapa

Salty Dog

• Life Member
  • 719 posts
  • LocationDE

Posted 25 January 2011 - 04:41 AM

Wow Walrus! I really like that E&E back pouch! I have a feeling I'm going to have more bags than my wife! Posted ImagePosted Image

#24 walrus61

walrus61

Life Member

• Plank Owner
  • 30 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 04:43 AM

Beware Mike,  Kifaru it's an addiction.
Posted Image

#25 mikejulietpapa

mikejulietpapa

Salty Dog

• Life Member
  • 719 posts
  • LocationDE

Posted 25 January 2011 - 04:45 AM

walrus61 said:

Beware Mike,  Kifaru it's an addiction.

Ever since I got to checkout their new ultralight packs at SHOT Show this year, I've been more than interested! They seem like a great crew too! Thanks for the warning! Haha!

#26 Shawn Wemple

Shawn Wemple

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 02:05 PM

Any word on when the new bags from the SHOT Show are coming out? Mainly the Camelbak one. Thanks

#27 mikejulietpapa

mikejulietpapa

Salty Dog

• Life Member
  • 719 posts
  • LocationDE

Posted 25 January 2011 - 03:58 PM

Shawn Wemple said:

Any word on when the new bags from the SHOT Show are coming out? Mainly the Camelbak one. Thanks

Good question... I think the Camelbak comes out in March or April but I'm sorry, I can't confirm.

#28 Dustman

Dustman

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 06:08 PM

I am also a big fan of Kifaru. Their gear is outstanding. I have a Marauder pack loaded with accessory pouches that I use for too many things to list. They are built hell for stout and have survived some pretty harsh usage on my part. Anything from Kifaru will not leave you disappointed./wp-content/forum-smileys/sf_headbang.gifTheir customer service is top notch and their gear is made in USA!!

#29 jinx667

jinx667

Life Member

• Plank Owner
  • 365 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 25 January 2011 - 06:34 PM

Yeah I am saving for a Kifaru UL pack now for a 5-6 day hike this summer.
Posted Image

#30 rkuntz

rkuntz

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 14 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 03:02 PM

This bag, in black, is my briefcase. http://prostores2.carrierzone.com/servlet/emdomusa/Detail?no=58  Carries my laptop, but also a blowout kit, various lights, multitool, etc, and nicely conceals a pistol, spare mags and knife for times when the suit jacket has to be off. Pricey, but I have carried it every day for two years for everything from going to court to some very rough travel.
Posted Image“I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him.”nnMark Twain

#31 mikejulietpapa

mikejulietpapa

Salty Dog

• Life Member
  • 719 posts
  • LocationDE

Posted 27 January 2011 - 06:35 AM

Has anyone checked out the 'Go Bag' from London Bridge Trading Company? It looks like an alternative to the SO Tech Paladin Mission Go Bag. Either way, I've heard a lot of good things about LBT gear. Thoughts?

#32 ccarnes2009

ccarnes2009

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 10:09 AM

Dustman said:

I have been looking for a "tactical" laptop bag for a reasonable price and had been considering the SOE Messenger Bag, ITS messenger bag and the Maxpedition line of bags. I am pleased to read your review of the Hazard 4 MOD bag as I recently came across their web site while reading another forum here at ITS. The price is reasonable and the Hazard 4 website has a great video and product description of the bag. I hope to be ordering one soon unless somebody has a better recommendation. The MOD appears like it will fit my specific needs for an EDC bag.  I am currently using a 511 PUSH pack for my EDC and it has worked well for me but I feel the need to expand my kit and would like to have the option of carrying my laptop.   Semper Fi  Dustman   

Dustman (and any others)I just received the Maxpedition Larkspur and this thing is PERFECT...at least for me. I read several reviews on it and watched some of MilSpec Monkeys You Tube Videos of it. Anyway, I carry a 14" laptop everyday and it is a great size for it. It's practically lined with Loop on the whole inside of the main pocket so Hook and Loop Accessories will work great...you can personalize it however you want. I also ordered the CCW Holster for inside the main compartment. I can't express to you how awesome and quick this bag allows you to look covedrt but I can grab my weapon out of the bag in about 2-3 seconds. The best part about the bag that allows this is the zipper on the top. It gives you access to the inside of the main compartment without opening the main flap...very nice and easy to get to things in the main compartment and other pockets under the flap.So..that was my .02 cents worth...great bag IMHO.
/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/CrewLeaderSignature.png

#33 ssmith3351

ssmith3351

Landlubber

• Crew Leader
  • 17 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 01:53 PM

Gotta love Maxpedition gear, I've got three of their bags now. Love 'em. I just ordered an EMDOM "TNT" bag, but its a few weeks away before I get it. Looking forward to seeing it. http://prostores2.carrierzone.com/servlet/emdomusa/Detail?no=58 ~Steve

#34 Matthew Meyer

Matthew Meyer

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 09:33 PM

Those are all extremely great bags. But most of those were out of my price range when I needed mine. I ended up buying a 72hour assault pack off amazon made by condor. The quality isnt near what the others have but suits my needs just fine. Makes one Hell of a diaper/bob/edc bag. I'm able to keep the baby gear fully stocked, stuff my gun belt and accessories as well as any other items id need into it and still have room for more. If your looking for a lot of room to stash a lot of gear this works well. It ran me about 60 bucks for the bag and I've been abusing it for over a year now. Just another option if the others are heavy on the wallet

#35 Jester

Jester

Mate

• Plank Owner
  • 85 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 05:52 AM

I've been using the same North Face Yavapai for over 12 years, and the thing still looks great, and is holding up well... aside from scars from traveling around the world with it.But alas, it was made before North Face sold out, so the quality now and then differs greatly.
Posted Image

#36 bshnt2015

bshnt2015

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 07:14 AM

I walked around the SHOT 2011 and noted all the B.O.B. bags out there. All the companies mentioned here were the ones I checked out. While there is no one perfect bag, each company had a variation which allowed the user to modify. I like most here was to be discreet and not get picked out the crowd as "LEO", "Contractor", or "gun nut". I like the fact most companies are moving away from the typical colors and overt velcro patch spaces or MOLLE.  For years I used a Timbuk 2 bag and it worked will considering every bike messager or business suit had one. The colors of the bag did not draw attention to you. From years of working the streets and trying to lay low, I find a medium size bag and plain looking bag works the best for me. I liked all the gears out there and it would be hard to just pick one. I'd stay with flap style bag vs a "Jack Bauer" look.  

#37 mikejulietpapa

mikejulietpapa

Salty Dog

• Life Member
  • 719 posts
  • LocationDE

Posted 27 February 2011 - 09:54 AM

Has anyone checked out the GoRuck GR1? It seems like a well made bag just a little pricey.Check out THIS post for a full breakdown with pics on their blog.Posted Image

#38 ssmith3351

ssmith3351

Landlubber

• Crew Leader
  • 17 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 10:00 AM

Pretty plain bag in looks and features for the price. IMO. Still waiting on my TNT bag though.  ~Steve

#39 spenceman

spenceman

Life Member

• Plank Owner
  • 907 posts
  • LocationAZ

Posted 28 February 2011 - 02:22 AM

TacSurv M-9 Bag with an Emdom fanny pack:Posted ImagePosted ImageIt's a tight squeeze, but it gets her done.

Edited by mikejulietpapa, 09 April 2011 - 07:25 AM.

PlankOwnerSignatureAZ.gif FBI's Most Wanted for charges of serial thread hijacking.

I'm like a cheap wine. I get better the more you drink.

#40 fived7533

fived7533

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 02:55 AM

All of the bags that have been posted are great looking bags.  Several that I have never heard of, made me re-think some of my choices.  Working my way through different bags and uses...not one perfect bag but you can get extremely close.  I will CCW in mine, so that is important, being able to access my weapon is critical.  I like the fact that most have some type of hydration pocket just in case.  Being able to use both hands equally, having double zippers on all enclosures is a benefit.  The single sling style have a great appeal, there are some choices there where you can change the side of the sling for LH or RH.  Probably with most I'm not trying to make a statement with the bag, just trying to make it look as everyday as possible.  More suggestions, pictures, and write ups are welcomed.   Great site, first time post, long time reader. F-D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users