• Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

#81 Mustang0268

Mustang0268

Life Member

• Crew Leader
  • 67 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 08:51 AM

Brian just recently visited the TAD folks, maybe he can coerce them into making an ITS branded LiteSpeed Moto Patch 007 cover for the Litespeed?  Not sure.  I think the LS will be moderately covert, unless you start dangling all kinds of go-fast thingies on it..I for one run my ITS and Guns & Coffee patches on the LS when I head for Starbucks, simply for the shock and awe value, but that is for a different part of the forum!In the end, its personal choice, but I do believe what we all do here is cut through the promo and help each other by offering pro/con end user advice.  The LS is a very nice pack, and I would be another in a heart beat.  But as I said, the GORUCK's offer a modicum of "grey" that appeals to me...Mustang
Posted Image

#82 WolfGrey

WolfGrey

Swabbie

• Crew Leader
  • 42 posts
  • LocationNEPA

Posted 26 July 2012 - 08:17 AM

HAHA i still have to get one of those Guns and coffee patches I'm at Starbucks enough they'll get a kick out of it.
Posted Image

#83 B8dsbA4

B8dsbA4

Swabbie

• Crew Member
  • 27 posts
  • LocationBergen County, NJ

Posted 26 July 2012 - 10:39 AM

I use the Sitka S-type for my EDC bag. It fits my 15 inch Sony VAIO laptop, iPad 2 and all my other goodies that I carry.
Posted Image
ALL GAVE SOME, SOME GAVE ALL.

#84 Eric Baker

Eric Baker

Landlubber

• Crew Leader
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 04:16 AM

So I just got my Larkspur Messenger bag from Maxpedition (I dont know how long it will be until ITS gets their DMBII going).  Holy velcro!Those pockets in the front are useless unless I can make the velcro less "serious".  At the very least, less noisy.. Imagine opening those things in a meeting - or getting your ipod from one of them while on the train or something.  Or just opening them up at night in the house - the whole house will wake up... Wow! wow.There's only one big compartment in which to keep my laptop and my gun/clips.  My pretty macBook air is gonna get scratched.  I'll stick a divider in it.   It's a nice bag, you know. Just not what I want really.  It's a great design for a student as a school bag.  It seems really tough - like it will never tear or wear out.  Which I like.  It wasn't that expensive, and I will surely use it for travel or something.  But as a ccw it falls short (I dont like to carry off-body to begin with, and to have the guns in plain view when i am in there for business is tricky at best).  well, fwiw.

#85 DStevenson

DStevenson

Salty Dog

• 1,870 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 14 August 2012 - 05:47 AM

Bleh!  What did you end up paying for your Larkspur?I posted this link the other day in another thread but I should post it again for other people looking for bags.They have a sale on Maxpedition for 48 hours, including the Larkspur @ $100.00 Again, I have no connection with Dvor but they have some pretty good deals sometimes and I like sharing the wealth.http://www.dvor.com/s/78l8c2.html Use that link above so I get credit for signing you up!

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." Benjamin Franklin

5399202523_bd1cb04e2e_o.png

#86 Rob Henderson

Rob Henderson

Salty Dog

• Administrator
  • 346 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 06:43 AM

What's that smell? I smell plastic, nylon and Codura...... Soon. Very soon. If you're not subscribed to the newsletter, now would be the time to do so.
Posted Image

#87 Eric Baker

Eric Baker

Landlubber

• Crew Leader
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 07:07 AM

i payed like 130 or so i think.  whatever was on the maxpedition site.   are there any bags out there like the discrete messenger gen2?  

#88 micah larson

micah larson

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 07:21 AM

I'm gonna put a vote in for the emdom TNT bag. I've been carrying one as an edc to and from work (law enforcement) as well as my off duty go bag for over 6 months now. I used to have the tad gear messenger bag, but I absolutely hated the flap that I had to open to get at my stuff. It also seemed like there weren't as many places to put things in it. The TNT bag has the two separate front pockets on it, one of which is strictly dedicated to first aid supplies. The inside has extremely handy pockets which seem to swallow large amounts of gear and keep it very organized. Couldn't really ask for a better bag in my opinion. 

#89 Rob Henderson

Rob Henderson

Salty Dog

• Administrator
  • 346 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 05:58 AM

Hey guys, We just put the Discreet Messenger Bag back in stock in the ITS Store. Get them while they last!
Posted Image

#90 Eric Baker

Eric Baker

Landlubber

• Crew Leader
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 11:37 AM

Well, expected delivery date of the 22nd for my DMBGENII. I'm giddy. I got the foliage color.

#91 Mustang0268

Mustang0268

Life Member

• Crew Leader
  • 67 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 03:49 PM

I have a Gen I, foliage green, and I haul the darn thing all over the place.  No complaints, works like a champ! Mustang
Posted Image

#92 Eric Baker

Eric Baker

Landlubber

• Crew Leader
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 08:10 AM

just got it.... absolutely awesome.  

#93 WolfGrey

WolfGrey

Swabbie

• Crew Leader
  • 42 posts
  • LocationNEPA

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:01 PM

Posted Image
This is an older thread but I just wanted to post a pic of my EDC bag.
Thanks Nick
  • zatoichi likes this
Posted Image

#94 hfm5872

hfm5872

Swabbie

• Crew Leader
  • 34 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:30 PM

check out 5.11s new All Hazards Prime backpack. I got one before I deployed and I love it. It has enough room to carry my full laptop I was issued, as well as my 11" Macbook Air with plenty of room left over. I had been searching hing and low for an EDC tactical computer backpack for 5 years and tried a few that I did not really like. This one fit the bill perfectly!
Posted Image
One Team, One Fight

#95 sal-perez

sal-perez

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:07 PM

I'm new to the forum but not from ordering gear from the ITS store. I'm not sure if this is the correct thread but looks like people are talking about the discrete messanger bag Gen 2 here. I was wondering if there was an approximation on when some Foliage Green ones would be back in stock.

Cheers.
PS. Sorry but I also sent you guys an email. In the auto response it recomended the forum so here I am. Thanks again.

#96 Slipery4life

Slipery4life

Mate

• Crew Member
  • 56 posts
  • LocationDFW TX

Posted 25 November 2012 - 11:03 AM

hey guys im new to the forum and i am looking for a new pack to replace the backpack that i am using right which is a NIKE pack from my days in JR High. So im trying to keep it under $150 any good suggesting

#97 Condition Write

Condition Write

Mate

• Crew Member
  • 52 posts
  • LocationThe Hills of Kentuckistan

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:32 PM

hey guys im new to the forum and i am looking for a new pack to replace the backpack that i am using right which is a NIKE pack from my days in JR High. So im trying to keep it under $150 any good suggesting

Mission drives equipment. What are you going to be putting in it, what will you be doing while wearing it, and what environments do you expect to expose it to?
The pen is not mightier than the sword. If a man has a sword, he can make a man with a pen write anything he wants.

The answer, then, is to have a pen and a sword.

#98 Slipery4life

Slipery4life

Mate

• Crew Member
  • 56 posts
  • LocationDFW TX

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:14 PM

I am going to carry a first aid kit from wally that a bumped up with some stuff i bought on the side, a eagle creak pouch that i have hygene stuff in case i stay over at someone else place or if i am stuck anywhere(staying clean never hurts), and i got a mre hot drink zip lock bag with the coffee,creamer and water purification stuff in it plus the flameless heater that military mre come with, a pack of beef jerky and a few other misc food items, about 50ft of type 3 cord (8 strand.... idk if thats strange or not ive heard 7 is standard) , gorilla duck tape,ligthers pens a folding saw just in case i need to cut some wood or something like a 2x4 , poncho, a lite rain jacket and thats about it everything else is in a maxpedition pocket orginizer, i would like to fit all that and have room for my daily lunch, i work in a office enviorment , i live about 20 min from my place, if need be i need this pack to hold stuff that i can pick up if i have to bug out of the city and cant get to my bag at home. i live in the city limits so 5 min north im in downtown 5 min south i am in fields and farm land with plenty of tree cover,

#99 Slipery4life

Slipery4life

Mate

• Crew Member
  • 56 posts
  • LocationDFW TX

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:17 PM

ill post pics of all my edc as soon as possible

#100 zatoichi

zatoichi

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:26 PM

My current EDC bag is a medium size Jansport. I have a Maxpedition Neatfreak and a few magazines. The Neatfreak has

My EDC bag moving forward is a Maxpediton Vulture II. A beast at 2800 cubic inches. With that one I carry the Neatfreak, a Maxpedition Beefy ordganizer and another organizer.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users