108 replies to this topic

#101 Archangel1

Archangel1

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 245 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 05:10 PM

Posted Image
This is an older thread but I just wanted to post a pic of my EDC bag.
Thanks Nick

What is the make and model of the bag?

#102 j.k.chan24

j.k.chan24

Life Member

• Crew Leader
  • 77 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 11:33 PM

Posted Image
This is an older thread but I just wanted to post a pic of my EDC bag.
Thanks Nick

Hey WolfGrey - Correct me if I'm wrong, did SOG use your photo for their fan photo on Facebook?
Posted Image

#103 Lao

Lao

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 336 posts
  • LocationDC

Posted 01 December 2012 - 08:13 AM

For years I've used my Gov. issue BlackHawk 3-day Assualt Pack but in the D.C. area, I really can't walk around with all the stuff I need too, like an AR-15. :) LOL

I recently purchased this, because it suits my needs right now and I can carry around survival stuff in it, with no questions asked... UTG Multi-functional Tactical Messenger Bag

It's a good bag, plenty of pockets and can carry an iPad or MacBook Air. Once I get a conceal carry permit I can easily add a Springfield XD .45 to the bag with no issues.
Posted Image

#104 Slipery4life

Slipery4life

Mate

• Crew Member
  • 56 posts
  • LocationDFW TX

Posted 01 December 2012 - 05:41 PM

so i think i am going to go with the Maxpedition pygm falcon II
any reviews

#105 sgcaper

sgcaper

Swabbie

• Crew Member
  • 41 posts
  • LocationCT

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:22 PM

I'm a shoulder bag guy as opposed to backpack myself. I've been using a record bag I bought years ago when I used to bounce from record shops buying vinyl. It's got one big main pocket perfect for LPs one small front pockets and some pen slots. Holds everything I need fine. I am looking to upgrade to something with an outer pouch for my nalgene. All the recs here are great. Keep em coming.

#106 sc00ter

sc00ter

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 5 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 09 December 2012 - 11:06 PM

Mission drives equipment. What are you going to be putting in it, what will you be doing while wearing it, and what environments do you expect to expose it to?

This sums it up for every post I've seen asking what's the best bag. Currently I'm gathering everything I want for an EDC and BOB and once I get it laid out, then it will be easier to determine what requirements I need from the bag, as well as how large of a bag.

Depending on what image you want to put out there and where you will carry it will also determine the bag. Currently, my BOB (as it's built now, which is very much a work in progress) is built in an issue 3 day pack. All the pockets and organization I need, but it screams military as it is ACU pattern. But in a bug out situation, I don't think that will matter all too much.

On the up side, reading this thread has proven to me I'm not the only one with a collection of bags that I thought were the right one for (fill in the blank) and have since been replaced or upgraded for different purposes.

#107 river

river

Landlubber

• Crew Leader
  • 21 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:48 AM

Look up Javran. The have a nice looking messenger bag. Not cheap, but not cheaply made either. It reallu looks like they have thought it out. I do like the ITS Discreet Messenger Bag.
My preference has been messenger bags over packs for the simple reason of blending into my environment easier. The nice packs (or at least the ones I find appealing) lack either forethought or durability. I am using one now and absolutely look forward to the day I recycle it with fire.

#108 BLACK

BLACK

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 16 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:08 PM

S.O. Tech Go bag and Mission Go Baghttp://specopstech.com/Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

I was going to recommend the Go bag from SO TECH and or the Mission GO bag from them as well.

#109 thematthewknot

thematthewknot

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:12 AM

I use the ITS Discreet Messenger Bag, i bought it about 5 months ago and couldn't be happier with it. I have been in Afghanistan for the last 10months and wish i bought that bag before coming over, its holding up great over here. I travel quite a bit and its been great. The only complaint i have about it is the price, yes its amazing quality, made in the USA etc...but its still an awful lot of money, that said I've never once thought of returning it and will be dragging it around here for another couple of months and no doubt will be doing the same back in the states.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users