#2 SacRyan

SacRyan

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 136 posts
  • LocationUT

Posted 06 December 2013 - 05:50 PM

Heck Yeah,

Getting set to leave work and drive up to Utah for my Elk. Got an antlerless tag and a good look at a small herd last weekend, just couldn't get close enough for the shot (somehow 2 canyons out is slightly too far).

Here's hoping our new 'plan' works a little better.

Qd3OG01.png

Do the right thing, even when no one is looking.

#3 PsychoFish

PsychoFish

Salty Dog

• Plank Owner
  • 474 posts
  • LocationDusty Ole AZ

Posted 06 December 2013 - 10:00 PM

Oh yeah!

I'm a big time redneck, and am in the woods or on the lake almost every weekend! I hunt everything from predators, and varmit, to bugling bull elk! I good chunk of the time I use my bow, a Bowtech Assassin (dipped in Multicam of course!) but have my fair share of bolt guns to reach out and drop some game also! I shot a rag horn bull last year in September at 23 yards with my bow. Dropped him in his tracks after the arrow went crazy on entry and deflected back and up severing his spine. Pure dumb luck on that one, I was in shock when I saw the arrow enter his chest and then him fall! I have an archery deer tag thats good till the end of the year, but these desert deer are tricky to connect with!
Posted Image
There's threats everywhere, and the world is draped in [Multicam]

#4 CaseyCadaver

CaseyCadaver

Swabbie

• Crew Member
  • 44 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 06 December 2013 - 10:55 PM

I did when I was 10 or so... just got back into it this year. Haven't seen a thing except my first day out...
“Listening to the average martial artists talk about real world violence is like listening to ten year olds talk about sex.” SGT. Miller

#5 B3dlam

B3dlam

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,064 posts
  • LocationWarrenton, OR

Posted 07 December 2013 - 03:17 PM

I hope to spend most of my time off for the holidays out on the quad looking for deer with the 7mm Rem mag.

itstacticalsig_zpsb04268f7.jpg

#6 Randy Long

Randy Long

Swabbie

• Crew Member
  • 32 posts
  • Locationcincy

Posted 08 December 2013 - 11:03 AM

so anyone have suggestions for a new hunter working on some late season whitetail?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Hunting

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users