23 replies to this topic

#21 CMcGann

CMcGann

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 2 posts
  • LocationGrand Rapids, MI

Posted 09 January 2014 - 08:26 PM

I have the Griffin survivior case for the iphone5. Its tough as nails and pretty water resistant. But I had to cut out a small part to fit some head jacks in. But my biggest complaint besides its bulk, is that it muffles your voice when talking on the phone, making you talk pretty much into the bottom of your phone for someone to clearly understand you.
My buddy has an otter box that offers close to the same protection with slightly less bulk and way more voice clarity.

#22 Chapstickman

Chapstickman

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 05:25 PM

I ended up using the Body Glove Shocksuit case for my 5C meets 810G and feels real durable. I was using a Ballisitc SG on my S3 and it was mil spec as well, not sure what rating

#23 mikejulietpapa

mikejulietpapa

Salty Dog

• Life Member
  • 719 posts
  • LocationDE

Posted 26 February 2014 - 05:51 PM

The waterproof options out there are often pretty great at overall protection but I found myself getting a little frustrated with the bulk they add. What I started doing was just using my LifeProof case when I was camping or something. 

You'd be surprised but I prefer to carry my phone without a case now. It's almost that knowing there's no protection makes me protect it more.

That said, I think LifeProof is a great all around option. My wife has the OtterBox Armor series and while it's crazy bulky, it's ultra protective. She is the worst with her phones and I needed max protection. 

If you're looking for more information, check out this writeup from Wirecutter. I did see a lot of commenters remark on the sound quality of the cases tested and it's something to keep in mind if you use your case daily. 

#24 mike2468

mike2468

Mate

• Crew Leader
  • 76 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 12:36 AM

I always think its crazy to not have a case on a phone because how much the cost and how much we use them but I noticed a lot of people now without cases.

I like the armor though, I've used otterbox since I got into being active and having an active job. I've heard good things about life proof though I just feel like it doesn't offer the same amount of protection as otterbox does.

Tu7wwUX_zps4005c234.png

Strive to be a leader of Character, Competence, and Courage

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Iphone, case, water resistant

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users