• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 Austin Powers

Austin Powers

Swabbie

• Crew Member
  • 29 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 01:15 PM

Checking my calendar 1/28 is a Tuesday not a Thursday.  Would love to attend both a meet and greet as well as tactical clinic.  I am not opposed to Applebee's though I am not the biggest fan of their food or service (both seemed to suck when I was there on veterans day).  Just going to throw these out there, Four Peaks Brewery or Chuckbox.  Both are located in Tempe and I consider them to have reasonable prices and great food and beer (epically Four Peaks).  Chuckbox is cash only though. 

#22 Psybain

Psybain

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,671 posts
  • LocationSE AZ

Posted 11 January 2014 - 02:27 PM

I wouldn't base applebees service based on vers day, they tend to get a train run on them by everyone and their mom that day for free eats. However, I've ne er been to that one,so they might just suck in general.

35066390514_66d1ce57b5_z.jpg
As Seen on: M4Carbine.net, GlockTalk, and NCGO.

#23 DirtyTrigger

DirtyTrigger

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 447 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 12 January 2014 - 03:03 PM

Ok, Chuck wagon is out as it can be crowded and noisy.  Not to mention, been a few years but last time I was there, no guns.  Im a somewhat regular to that Applebees with no problems but can move it no problem  And, yeah, looked at wrong calendar Thursday, the Jan 30th. I can check out the Red Robin at the Tempe Market Center, right off the 101/202.

• Davis likes this

Tu7wwUX.png?1

"Opportunity favors the prepared."

#24 Psybain

Psybain

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,671 posts
  • LocationSE AZ

Posted 12 January 2014 - 11:05 PM

If youre in the mood for bbq, I had some good ribs and a pulled pork sandwich at Rudy's Country Store BBQ in tempe as well. Not sure if they're ok with carry or not there.

(Edited to correct name)

Edited by Psybain, 13 January 2014 - 09:34 AM.

35066390514_66d1ce57b5_z.jpg
As Seen on: M4Carbine.net, GlockTalk, and NCGO.

#25 Austin Powers

Austin Powers

Swabbie

• Crew Member
  • 29 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 08:24 AM

The reason why Chuck is so crowded and noisy is because they're food is great and the place is small, but I concede that firearms are not allowed there.  There aren't many places near the university or on Mill that allow firearms for that matter, this is unfortunate.  

I'm on board with Red Robin, Rudy's or whatever honestly.  I must be the only one who thinks of Talladega Nights when I hear Applebees.

#26 Millertime1103

Millertime1103

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 168 posts
  • LocationTucson, AZ

Posted 15 January 2014 - 01:42 PM

The reason why Chuck is so crowded and noisy is because they're food is great and the place is small, but I concede that firearms are not allowed there.  There aren't many places near the university or on Mill that allow firearms for that matter, this is unfortunate.  

I'm on board with Red Robin, Rudy's or whatever honestly.  I must be the only one who thinks of Talladega Nights when I hear Applebees.

Nah, in addition to Applebee's, I can't drink Mountain Dew without thinking about a spider monkey. I also enjoy telling people I'm going to throw them in the microwave like a potsticker.

-- Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

Posted Image

#27 PsychoFish

PsychoFish

Salty Dog

• Plank Owner
  • 474 posts
  • LocationDusty Ole AZ

Posted 15 January 2014 - 04:22 PM

Too bad someone doesn't have a large parking lot area where we could all meet, BBQ, drink, and show off kit in a semi-secluded, business like district, that is still somewhat central in a city, like say, Tempe.

• Davis and DirtyTrigger like this
Posted Image
There's threats everywhere, and the world is draped in [Multicam]

#28 Davis

Davis

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,341 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 16 January 2014 - 11:15 AM

Too bad someone doesn't have a large parking lot area where we could all meet, BBQ, drink, and show off kit in a semi-secluded, business like district, that is still somewhat central in a city, like say, Tempe.

I agree, this seems like a good recommendation. 

• DirtyTrigger likes this

Ir2fdXw.png?1

Put good in, get good out. 

#29 DirtyTrigger

DirtyTrigger

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 447 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 16 January 2014 - 10:14 PM

Ha ha  OK, stand by.. I have a grill at my shop.   

F it.  I have a place in Tempe.  My own shop and small BBQ grill.  My parking lot, my rules, my shop.  Might need to bring chairs but I got tables.... Thats what we will do.   Lack of comfort will be made up by the fact we can wear what we want to wear, show off what we want to. and camp at the table as long as we want.   

Good Idea PFish

Edited by DirtyTrigger, 16 January 2014 - 10:16 PM.

• PsychoFish, Psybain and Davis like this

Tu7wwUX.png?1

"Opportunity favors the prepared."

#30 Davis

Davis

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,341 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 16 January 2014 - 10:25 PM

Ha ha  OK, stand by.. I have a grill at my shop.   

F it.  I have a place in Tempe.  My own shop and small BBQ grill.  My parking lot, my rules, my shop.  Might need to bring chairs but I got tables.... Thats what we will do.   Lack of comfort will be made up by the fact we can wear what we want to wear, show off what we want to. and camp at the table as long as we want.   

Good Idea PFish

Lol... peer pressure is a bitch! Are you still thinking Thursday, 30 January? I have to make several day trip to the east coast that week, but I should get back sometime on Thursday (I haven't booked my ticket yet), so I may be a bit late, but I'll be there if I make it back to town in time. 

• PsychoFish likes this

Ir2fdXw.png?1

Put good in, get good out. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users