37 replies to this topic

#1 Jersey0311

Jersey0311

Bullets and Bandages

• Crew Leader
  • 1,021 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 08 January 2014 - 09:11 AM

So my uniform of the day while running med classes is either a plain black polo w/ no logos, or a sand/khaki/you get the idea color combat shirt with reversed IR flag and MED patch.

I've been running the black polo with no issues, but have been looking into the combat shirt lately. I'm familiar with the concept, having worn FROG gear, but we're not allowed to run anything with camouflage patterns, so all my extra shit is useless.

Aside from the Crye and Tru-Spec shirts, I haven't seen any. I'd prefer the zip up design that the Crye shirt has, but the price is a bit painful for a shirt that would get worn only a few times a month.

Any ideas?

TBL-2.png

In Memory Of Our Fallen - OEF - Afghanistan - Lima VIII

Rest Easy Brothers, We'll Take It From Here. We'll Keep The Light Burning.

#2 SKD_Tactical

SKD_Tactical

Salty Dog

• ITS Sponsor
  • 520 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 09:41 AM

I love my Crye combat shirts. It's like landing the hot chick your freshman year and you know there are no hotter girls in school.

SOS
  • iExpresso, mangeface and Jersey0311 like this
Visit us at www.skdtac.com
& www.facebook.com/skdtactical
With Skill, Knowledge and Determination... You Will Prevail!

#3 Psybain

Psybain

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,674 posts
  • LocationSE AZ

Posted 08 January 2014 - 09:54 AM

I love the frog shirt design as well, I know they have them in tan also, but the price...

I think there's a site called predatorbdu.com or something similar that might have a cheaper alternative, or maybe uscav has something that will wprk?

You could always go for the100% hsp shirt for $175 and no fr properties. ;)
  • Jersey0311 likes this

35066390514_66d1ce57b5_z.jpg
As Seen on: M4Carbine.net, GlockTalk, and NCGO.

#4 Jersey0311

Jersey0311

Bullets and Bandages

• Crew Leader
  • 1,021 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 08 January 2014 - 10:14 AM

I love my Crye combat shirts. It's like landing the hot chick your freshman year and you know there are no hotter girls in school.

SOS

LOL that's a fantastic comparison. But I'd be anal as fuck and would HAVE to buy the matching combat pants, because that would bug the shit out of me.

I love the frog shirt design as well, I know they have them in tan also, but the price...

I think there's a site called predatorbdu.com or something similar that might have a cheaper alternative, or maybe uscav has something that will wprk?

You could always go for the100% hsp shirt for $175 and no fr properties. ;)

What shirt is that? Or did that just go way over my head?

TBL-2.png

#5 iExpresso

iExpresso

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 307 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 08 January 2014 - 10:43 AM

5.11 combat shirt was about $60 on amazon. I had seen some other brands for cheaper but 5.11 was cheapest I personally trust. I've been satisfied. Correction: not amazon, the shirt was on eBay for bout $60. I found matching pants on amazon for bout $40.

Edited by jgnolen, 08 January 2014 - 08:27 PM.

#6 Psybain

Psybain

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,674 posts
  • LocationSE AZ

Posted 08 January 2014 - 11:07 AM

What shirt is that? Or did that just go way over my head?

I guess they already ran out, but here's the link to the post on SSD, and subsequent reader commentary.

http://soldiersystem...ombat-uniforms/

Thanks to refreshing myself with the comments, I am reminded that UR-Tactical makes combat shirts as well. I think they're more for airsoft, but if you're just wearing it a couple times a month, it may work for you and it's fairly affordable I think (NMCI is blocking the link, bastards): http://www.ur-tactic..._product_id/269

#7 Jersey0311

Jersey0311

Bullets and Bandages

• Crew Leader
  • 1,021 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 08 January 2014 - 11:40 AM

5.11 combat shirt was about $60 on amazon. I had seen some other brands for cheaper but 5.11 was cheapest I personally trust. I've been satisfied.

Totally forgot about 5.11. I just placed an order with them too, damnit. I'll most likely be trying them. FR isn't a necessity as these are used strictly CONUS on base. If you're an NAEMT member you get a 25% discount, which leaves it at $44.99 for me.

I guess they already ran out, but here's the link to the post on SSD, and subsequent reader commentary.

http://soldiersystem...ombat-uniforms/

Thanks to refreshing myself with the comments, I am reminded that UR-Tactical makes combat shirts as well. I think they're more for airsoft, but if you're just wearing it a couple times a month, it may work for you and it's fairly affordable I think (NMCI is blocking the link, bastards): http://www.ur-tactic..._product_id/269

Interesting. Fuck NMCI and their retarded controls.

• Psybain likes this

TBL-2.png

#8 DStevenson

DStevenson

Salty Dog

• 1,869 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 08 January 2014 - 12:36 PM

I just can't drop the coin for the Crye pants when I don't have a realistic reason to wear them. Crye pants with the knee pads don't lend themselves for Web Design like you would think =)

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." Benjamin Franklin

5399202523_bd1cb04e2e_o.png

#9 Psybain

Psybain

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,674 posts
  • LocationSE AZ

Posted 08 January 2014 - 01:57 PM

I just can't drop the coin for the Crye pants when I don't have a realistic reason to wear them. Crye pants with the knee pads don't lend themselves for Web Design like you would think =)

But what if you need to update web parts or something whilst in the middle of a firefight? You need to think outside the box :P

#10 Davis

Davis

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,341 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 08 January 2014 - 02:54 PM

I have the 5.11 version of the combat shirt and like it pretty well. I also just ordered, though it has not yet come in, the TruSpec 1/4 zip combat style shirt as the boss wants me to demo it for work and compare it against my 5.11 one to see which is better. 

Ir2fdXw.png?1

Put good in, get good out. 

#11 Jersey0311

Jersey0311

Bullets and Bandages

• Crew Leader
  • 1,021 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 09 January 2014 - 04:15 AM

I have the 5.11 version of the combat shirt and like it pretty well. I also just ordered, though it has not yet come in, the TruSpec 1/4 zip combat style shirt as the boss wants me to demo it for work and compare it against my 5.11 one to see which is better. 

How does it fit? Is it a snug athletic fit or or is it a little loose? I'm not looking for skin tight Under Armour type compression.

TBL-2.png

#12 DStevenson

DStevenson

Salty Dog

• 1,869 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 09 January 2014 - 06:38 AM

The only "Combat Shirt" I have is a US Army Massif in Multi-cam. I'd love to find one without a camo pattern, just a Coyote Brown or sand.
They do make a universal combat shirt in Tan but again, I just don't have a use for it.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." Benjamin Franklin

5399202523_bd1cb04e2e_o.png

#13 Davis

Davis

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,341 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 09 January 2014 - 08:21 AM

How does it fit? Is it a snug athletic fit or or is it a little loose? I'm not looking for skin tight Under Armour type compression.

The 5.11 shirt is someplace in the middle. It is a slimmer fitting shirt, though it has a generous cut in the shoulders, but I would not say it is a true compression fit. I guess if I had to classify it, I would say that the shoulders and arms are "normal" and the body is closer to an "athletic" cut. 

Ir2fdXw.png?1

#14 SKD_Tactical

SKD_Tactical

Salty Dog

• ITS Sponsor
  • 520 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 07:57 PM

When it comes to Crye I wear their G3 Combat shirt. When it comes to pants, I wear their field pants and use the Arcteryx Knee Caps. I hate pants with knee pads in them. They just don't work for me. I still think I look Operator as #ucK.

SOS
  • Psybain and Jersey0311 like this
Visit us at www.skdtac.com
& www.facebook.com/skdtactical
With Skill, Knowledge and Determination... You Will Prevail!

#15 Psybain

Psybain

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,674 posts
  • LocationSE AZ

Posted 09 January 2014 - 08:33 PM

OAF Nation
  • iExpresso and Jersey0311 like this

#16 Jersey0311

Jersey0311

Bullets and Bandages

• Crew Leader
  • 1,021 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 09 January 2014 - 08:43 PM

• mangeface and Davis like this

TBL-2.png

#17 mangeface

mangeface

Salty Dog

• 2,598 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 09 January 2014 - 08:49 PM

Haha, I think they did a Epic Rap Battles of History: Navy SEALs vs. Army Rangers.

Nevermind, it wasn't one Epic Rap Battles of History. Still did one: 

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=gJsnEJRUjVs

Edited by mangeface, 10 January 2014 - 12:55 PM.

"I may walk among the sheep...but make no mistake, I am the sheepdog."
VQz5Nwz.png

#18 Davis

Davis

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,341 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 09 January 2014 - 09:54 PM

That guy's videos crack me up, I've been a fan for a while, I just wish he would do more of them.

Ir2fdXw.png?1

#19 Davis

Davis

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,341 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 11 January 2014 - 01:53 AM

So my TruSpec shirt has not come in yet but my bosses did show up today and I compared it side by side to the 5.11 combat style shirt. 

The TruSpec is cut more generously in the body than the 5.11, the TruSpec also has pen pockets on the lower left sleeve, and reinforced elbows that open up and you can insert pads if you are one of those guys that wears elbow pads. Price is a wash, I get the 5.11 for $40 and the TruSpec for about $41. 

Overall I think I like the TruSpec better, I will know for sure once I have mine and can actually wear it, but with what I found on the side by side the TruSpec takes the win. 

Ir2fdXw.png?1

#20 mangeface

mangeface

Salty Dog

• 2,598 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 27 March 2014 - 05:35 PM

Alright, going to revive this. What I'm looking for is an urban style "combat" shirt. Mainly what I want is a short sleeved polo style shirt with moisture wicking and a long sleeved shirt with moisture wicking. Looking at getting 3 of each in brown/tan, blue and grey. Also would like a minimal amount or no buttons at all as these would be worn underneath a plate carrier.

For the polo style I'm thinking the 5.11 Tactical Performance Polo: http://www.511tactic...leeve-polo.html

As for the long sleeved, I haven't found anything yet, so any suggestions are a big help (same with the polo if you find something better).

"I may walk among the sheep...but make no mistake, I am the sheepdog."
VQz5Nwz.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users