37 replies to this topic

#21 Davis

Davis

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,341 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 27 March 2014 - 08:09 PM

Alright, going to revive this. What I'm looking for is an urban style "combat" shirt. Mainly what I want is a short sleeved polo style shirt with moisture wicking and a long sleeved shirt with moisture wicking. Looking at getting 3 of each in brown/tan, blue and grey. Also would like a minimal amount or no buttons at all as these would be worn underneath a plate carrier.

For the polo style I'm thinking the 5.11 Tactical Performance Polo: http://www.511tactic...leeve-polo.html

As for the long sleeved, I haven't found anything yet, so any suggestions are a big help (same with the polo if you find something better).

For the polo you should be pretty happy I think with the 5.11 Performance, I like mine. You can also consider the UA Tactical Range Polo

As for the long sleeve shirt that is a bit harder. So you you don't want buttons and you want it to be a performance material. How do you feel about collars, will a long sleeve t-shirt style shirt work or are you wanting something more professional looking?

Ir2fdXw.png?1

Put good in, get good out. 

#22 Davis

Davis

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,341 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 27 March 2014 - 08:18 PM

If you like the 5.11 Performance Polo have you thought about their long sleeved performance polo?

Ir2fdXw.png?1

#23 mangeface

mangeface

Salty Dog

• 2,598 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 27 March 2014 - 08:28 PM

If you like the 5.11 Performance Polo have you thought about their long sleeved performance polo?

That's nice. I may go with the 5.11 though. It appears that it has shorter sleeve. I'm not a muscle shirt type of guy, but I want a short sleeve polo, not one that goes down and nearly past my elbow as it looks with that UA.

"I may walk among the sheep...but make no mistake, I am the sheepdog."
VQz5Nwz.png

#24 SteveSOS

SteveSOS

Salty Dog

• Crew Member
  • 342 posts
  • LocationAnchorage Alaska

Posted 29 March 2014 - 04:46 PM

I love the crye stuff and the 5.11 shirt is what I tend to wear the most.... however on the polo end of thing vertx makes a great shirt.... actually awesome pants for that matter.

Edited by SteveSOS, 29 March 2014 - 04:46 PM.

Posted Image

#25 DStevenson

DStevenson

Salty Dog

• 1,869 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 29 March 2014 - 05:40 PM

I purchased a long sleeved Vertx polo style shirt for work from GovX.  It is really comfortable and wears quite well, I wish I had more.  I think next time I see a decent discount I may nab a couple more in different colors.

They are comparable to the 5.11 shirts I've owned.. maybe better.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." Benjamin Franklin

5399202523_bd1cb04e2e_o.png

#26 mangeface

mangeface

Salty Dog

• 2,598 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 29 March 2014 - 06:34 PM

Awesome D, I'll check them out when I get home.

VQz5Nwz.png

#27 SteveSOS

SteveSOS

Salty Dog

• Crew Member
  • 342 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 10:23 AM

http://www.wearvertx...tical-Polo.aspx

This is the polo I have to wear for work. Its short sleeve component is also cool, however id have to wear a long sleeve under shirt with it so I just rock this. If i could get away with it id wear 5.11 combat shirts all the time or crye.

• mangeface likes this
Posted Image

#28 DeathwatchDoc

DeathwatchDoc

Salty Dog

• 1,936 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 30 March 2014 - 08:17 PM

As dress codes go... thats far from a bad one Steve.

89BccLb.png

#29 SteveSOS

SteveSOS

Salty Dog

• Crew Member
  • 342 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 10:10 PM

Nah its way cool they provide vertex polo's and pants and reimburse us for under armor ops boots.

Posted Image

#30 DStevenson

DStevenson

Salty Dog

• 1,869 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 31 March 2014 - 06:16 AM

http://www.wearvertx...tical-Polo.aspx

This is the polo I have to wear for work. Its short sleeve component is also cool, however id have to wear a long sleeve under shirt with it so I just rock this. If i could get away with it id wear 5.11 combat shirts all the time or crye.

That is the very same long sleeved polo I wear that I mentioned above that I really liked and wanted to get more of.

$10.00 cheaper at GovX.com

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." Benjamin Franklin

5399202523_bd1cb04e2e_o.png

#31 mangeface

mangeface

Salty Dog

• 2,598 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 31 March 2014 - 11:27 AM

Man, so many options to choose from now. Thanks for the input guys, remind me all the time why I love this community.

VQz5Nwz.png

#32 Davis

Davis

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,341 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 31 March 2014 - 11:59 AM

So I was just looking at some Arc'Teryx stuff with all this talk we have been having on here about the Khard 30 pack review that Spence did and if you are feeling really wealthy they have some shirts, such as the Chimera, that look pretty freaking bad ass, but holy crap, I can only aspire to being able to afford clothes like that. 

Ir2fdXw.png?1

#33 SteveSOS

SteveSOS

Salty Dog

• Crew Member
  • 342 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 07:31 PM

What size do you wear davis?

Posted Image

#34 mangeface

mangeface

Salty Dog

• 2,598 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 31 March 2014 - 07:33 PM

From what I saw with Arc'Teryx after this weekend, buy big. Much bigger than you normally do. Their clothes seem to be fitted like that Hollister and Abercrombie crap.

VQz5Nwz.png

#35 SteveSOS

SteveSOS

Salty Dog

• Crew Member
  • 342 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 10:58 PM

Depends I wear an X shirt and my minotaur is large. But my base layer stuff is x most of it is made to form fit so you can move as intended and fact is we weren't really intended to be clothed by design
Posted Image

#36 Davis

Davis

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,341 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 01 April 2014 - 12:49 AM

What size do you wear davis?

From what I saw with Arc'Teryx after this weekend, buy big. Much bigger than you normally do. Their clothes seem to be fitted like that Hollister and Abercrombie crap.

Typically I wear an XX for most shirts, but it depends, 5.11 shirts I typically wear a single X. If Arc'Teryx runs small than I'm not sure. 

Ir2fdXw.png?1

#37 SteveSOS

SteveSOS

Salty Dog

• Crew Member
  • 342 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 11:58 AM

yeah... shitty thing to get stuck in with arc teryx.... to expensive to experiment with sizes

Posted Image

#38 RKlenka

RKlenka

Mate

• Crew Member
  • 70 posts
  • LocationFort Worth, Texas

Posted 04 April 2014 - 12:00 PM

Im cheap and usally just use some LA Police gear polos. Its hard to beat for 15 bucks: http://www.lapoliceg...tical-polo.html same with their branded pants. Hard to beat for that price. Those 5.11s look pretty nice as well.

Texas CHL Instructor, NRA Instructor, ACT Instructor, ALIVE! Combatives Instructor, Systema Instructor, American Ninjutsu Instructor, CTCTG Instructor/Facilitator, blah blah blah and so on.
http://www.fortworthcombatives.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users