• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Sang

Sang

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 07:17 AM

Hey, I just registered to the site after reading the articles for about half a year to take part in the gear giveaways. Now I have a problem though, as I commented on the article it shows my full name, as opposed to my nick, which I thought it would be using.Is there any way to change the name it is showing, since I wouldn't want my full name visible on the internet? I already tried changing it from the forum settings, but as I thought, it only affects the forum posts and not the comments.

Edited by Sang, 10 July 2010 - 07:21 AM.

#2 mikejulietpapa

mikejulietpapa

Salty Dog

• Life Member
  • 719 posts
  • LocationDE

Posted 16 July 2010 - 10:35 AM

Hey Sang, sorry for the delay! I don't know how this one slipped by me! Let me check on that. I'm not sure why it's posting your full name. Sorry for any trouble it may have caused and hopefully we'll get it sorted out real quick!

#3 mikejulietpapa

mikejulietpapa

Salty Dog

• Life Member
  • 719 posts
  • LocationDE

Posted 16 July 2010 - 10:38 AM

@Sang - I just looked real quick and this may or may not help you out... Make sure to go on http://www.ITStactical.com and on the right hand side, log in with your normal credentials. Then, after you log in, you should see (in the same spot the login was) "Membership Detail" that says "Welcome _____," Click on the link that says "Membership Details" and see if you can change it that way. I'll have to run a test here but please let me know what you discover!Thanks for hanging in there!

#4 Sang

Sang

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 01:14 PM

Sorry for the delay, new recruits came in couple weeks ago so haven't had time to be on the computer. On the right hand side it says "Welcome Xxxxx," but when I try to post a comment on an article it still says "Logged in as Xxxxx Xxxxx" there. When I try to click the link it directs me to the forum front page instead of the page it's supposed to. If I remember correctly, the first time I clicked the link, it took me to the right page. Isn't it possible for you to edit my information, as I've been through all the profile-related pages I can find, and haven't found any way to edit the information (so that it affects the comments). I think you should be able to do it from the WP admin page, I just don't have the admin rights to do any editing there. 

Edited by Sang, 30 July 2010 - 01:17 PM.

#5 mikejulietpapa

mikejulietpapa

Salty Dog

• Life Member
  • 719 posts
  • LocationDE

Posted 07 August 2010 - 02:38 AM

Hey Sang, check it out now. I changed the way your name is publicly shown. There is another thing I can try but I want to see if this works first. Thanks!

#6 Sang

Sang

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 02:51 AM

I think it's working now, at least it's saying "Logged in as Sang". Thanks a lot.

#7 mikejulietpapa

mikejulietpapa

Salty Dog

• Life Member
  • 719 posts
  • LocationDE

Posted 08 August 2010 - 11:32 AM

Wait, did I mess something up more? I sent you a PM, let me know what you think.

#8 CAM3

CAM3

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 05:30 AM

I am having the same problem.  If I post a comment my full name is displayed.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/CrewLeaderSignature.png

#9 mikejulietpapa

mikejulietpapa

Salty Dog

• Life Member
  • 719 posts
  • LocationDE

Posted 29 December 2010 - 05:58 AM

Hey @Cam3While your username cannot be changed, you can change how your name is publicly displayed. Try this:- Go to ITStactical.com and make sure you are logged in. - Once logged in, go down on the right hand side and look for the "Membership Detail" section.- Click on 'Membership Details'- It 'should' be in there.Let me know if that doesn't work!

#10 CAM3

CAM3

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 06:12 AM

Thanks.  I tried that.  When I click on Membership Details it takes me directly to the forum page.  It isn't a big deal.  Thanks for all of your efforts with this awesome site.
/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/CrewLeaderSignature.png

#11 mikejulietpapa

mikejulietpapa

Salty Dog

• Life Member
  • 719 posts
  • LocationDE

Posted 29 December 2010 - 06:33 AM

Hey Cam3, send me an email: [email protected] don't give up that easy!

#12 jinx667

jinx667

Life Member

• Plank Owner
  • 365 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 29 December 2010 - 07:02 AM

I am having the same issue as cam.
Posted Image

#13 jinx667

jinx667

Life Member

• Plank Owner
  • 365 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 29 December 2010 - 07:08 AM

When it takes me to the forum, I clicked on profile in the top right. There you can change your name. This did nothing on the ITS main page where it still says logged in under my full name. I even tried logging out and back in, with no change.
Posted Image

#14 mikejulietpapa

mikejulietpapa

Salty Dog

• Life Member
  • 719 posts
  • LocationDE

Posted 29 December 2010 - 07:15 AM

Hey Jinx, while I'm looking into a real solution, email me at [email protected] and I'll be able to change it specifically just for you. Thanks for hanging in there!

#15 jinx667

jinx667

Life Member

• Plank Owner
  • 365 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 29 December 2010 - 07:36 AM

Sent
Posted Image

#16 mikejulietpapa

mikejulietpapa

Salty Dog

• Life Member
  • 719 posts
  • LocationDE

Posted 29 December 2010 - 07:52 AM

Oh I may have uncovered something useful!Ok, if you want to change how your name is displayed in the Forum, do this...Go to http://www.itstactical.com/forum (and if you're reading this, you're already there)- Near the top-ish and to the right, there are two words "Logout" and "Profile"- Click on "Profile"- That's where you can change your "Display Name" Give that a try and if that's not what you were looking for then... crap! I'll keep looking!

#17 jinx667

jinx667

Life Member

• Plank Owner
  • 365 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 29 December 2010 - 07:58 AM

That is the screen I was taking about earlier. You can change your first and last name there but it does nothing on the articles pages.
Posted Image

#18 CENTCOMSurvivor

CENTCOMSurvivor

Down Wit' Da Hui

• 947 posts
  • LocationTampa/St Petersburg Florida

Posted 29 December 2010 - 09:08 AM

I had the same issue when I first signed up.  I just ditched the old account and started over without putting my full name.  IE I started out as CENTCOM_Survivor but switched to CENTCOMSurvivor.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users