• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 DeathwatchDoc

DeathwatchDoc

Salty Dog

• 1,936 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 08 April 2014 - 07:29 AM

I take it that the Comptac MTAC doesn't make the same loud saddle noise. Is it quiet?

Sorry it took me so long to get back (works been hell), it has a break in like any leather, but I have 2 back and they are both silent now. I used to swear by crossbreed, but to be honest, the fit and finish on MTAC is just better. It just feels more put together and less just bolted and shipped. The MTAC is a little thicker but it doesn't feel as wide on the belt and I can wear it all day with no real discomfort. Not knocking Crossbreed, I loved it until I found Comptac a couple years ago. I love being able to change my holster purpose around at will when I need to carry something else. 

For example, I currently have 2 back with several shells and I leave one configured for my PPS (for low threat/ high concealment situations) and one for either my P226 or my M&P 9. I love that flexibility. When I got my second backing, I sat there and flexed it for a couple days while watching TV and after that it is really silent. 

For anyone considering an MTAC, they keep some of them listed on Amazon with Prime shipping on the most common ones. So for some Glocks and M&Ps  you could have your holster in a couple days. 

Edited by DeathwatchDoc, 08 April 2014 - 07:31 AM.

89BccLb.png

#22 LongHaul

LongHaul

Life Member

• 750 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 22 April 2014 - 10:18 AM

Mine did that, I used a handkerchief as a short term work around, fold it and place it between the holster and the belt clips. Its not ideal and it doesn't fix the problem, but it will buy you time till the weekend. I forgot what I did to actually fix it, but shortly later I switched to the Comptac MTAC. 

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried this and it worked. I've never carried it with my shirt tucked in around the gun. I found that using the handkerchief or tucking my shirt in mostly resolves the creaking. For a number of reasons I'm considering switching to a Glock for my daily carry, so I'll try the Comptac when I make the switch.

• Davis likes this

15192964064_247b8d6ceb.jpg

artwork courtesy of a good friend on the forums!

#23 Davis

Davis

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,341 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 22 April 2014 - 05:44 PM

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried this and it worked. I've never carried it with my shirt tucked in around the gun. I found that using the handkerchief or tucking my shirt in mostly resolves the creaking. For a number of reasons I'm considering switching to a Glock for my daily carry, so I'll try the Comptac when I make the switch.

There are so many good reasons to switch to a Glock for EDC!

Ir2fdXw.png?1

Put good in, get good out. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users