47 replies to this topic

#1 Jersey0311

Jersey0311

Bullets and Bandages

• Crew Leader
  • 1,021 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 29 January 2014 - 09:24 PM

Did a search, but most topics were very specific on contents carried for particular situations, IE winter, etc.

I'm wondering what people keep in their vehicles at all times. And pictures of setups. I ordered a Du Ha underseat storage box for my truck, because the backseat clutter became out of control. Tomorrow I'll be freezing my ass off and installing it, while taking pictures of everything that stays in the truck at all times.

I currently have a toolbox full of stuff, but am saving for a bed cap as that's more practical for the amount of storage space I want (while also being able to leave items in the bed without fear of parking lot bandits taking stuff)

I'll post a detailed list with pictures sometime tomorrow. What's in your vehicle?

• PsychoFish, mangeface and Davis like this

TBL-2.png

In Memory Of Our Fallen - OEF - Afghanistan - Lima VIII

Rest Easy Brothers, We'll Take It From Here. We'll Keep The Light Burning.

#2 mangeface

mangeface

Salty Dog

• 2,598 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 29 January 2014 - 09:58 PM

I keep a tool kit that has 1/4", 3/8" and 1/2" drive ratchets and many 6 and 12 point sockets, bit driver with multiple phillips, flat tip and torx bits, wrenches, hammer, needle nose pliers, diagonal cutters and a forde wrench.

Also keep 2 quarts of oil, PB Buster, road flares, jumper cables, small first aid kit, 2 ponchos and some other stuff. Will have to dig through and see.
  • Roger141 likes this

"I may walk among the sheep...but make no mistake, I am the sheepdog."
VQz5Nwz.png

#3 DeathwatchDoc

DeathwatchDoc

Salty Dog

• 1,936 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 29 January 2014 - 10:26 PM

Lots of tools and gear. Always have a blowout kit and other medical supplies.
  • PsychoFish and Roger141 like this

89BccLb.png

#4 PsychoFish

PsychoFish

Salty Dog

• Plank Owner
  • 474 posts
  • LocationDusty Ole AZ

Posted 29 January 2014 - 11:04 PM

I keep an accident kit in the back with medical stuff. Besides that I have a hardwired streamlight flashlight charger that keeps the light charged at all times. A bit of ammo, some basic tools, a shovel on the rack, a Hi-lift on the rack, and a bunch of other random crap. I'm cleaning my truck up tomorrow so I'll organize and snap a few photos.

• Roger141 likes this
Posted Image
There's threats everywhere, and the world is draped in [Multicam]

#5 Millertime1103

Millertime1103

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 168 posts
  • LocationTucson, AZ

Posted 30 January 2014 - 09:28 AM

Besides the usual BoB and first aid kit, my DC mini air compressor and jumper box have been invaluable not only to my occasional incidents but there's always someone else with a flat or dead battery. The jumper box also has a DC and AC outlet in addition to an small area light which also makes it pretty handy when camping. Then the usual in the glove box... leatherman multitool, a couple of extra flashlights, nothing fun.

-- Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

Posted Image

#6 Jersey0311

Jersey0311

Bullets and Bandages

• Crew Leader
  • 1,021 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 30 January 2014 - 01:30 PM

Alright, so here's the shitty photos as promised.

We'll start with my visor. It's an OSOE Visor Wrap. Fantastic piece of kit. It's got pens, notepad, TQ, nail clippers (because I never have any), matches, knife, Surefire G2 (been going strong all these years), and lighter.

IMG_0888.jpg

IMG_0887.jpg

Next is my vehicle med bag. Basic. Just a bunch of gauze and stuff. It's in a 5.11 PUSH slung across the passenger seat. No TCCC type stuff in here.

IMG_0886.jpg

Under the seat, we've got the usual assortment of stuff

IMG_0884.jpg

IMG_0883.jpg

IMG_0882.jpg

IMG_0885.jpg

Backseat in it's normal configuration. Work bag, uniform bag, and GHB

IMG_0908.jpg

This is the box w/ seat laid down

IMG_0910.jpg

I wound up removing the toolbox since one of the J hooks apparently disappeared somehow. This is a very streamlined version of what I used to carry. In the toolbox I had a big med bag like the one I carry on the ambulance, a huge TCCC backpack, mechanic's toolsets, a case of water, a Blackhawk Dynamic Entry kit, and a whole kit and kaboodle of other items. Under seat storage has really enabled me to trim any excess off. However, once I get that bed cap, it's all going back in, and then some.

This is the NJ compliant truck EDC. Whenever I cross into America I've got other items that get tossed in for the ride.

Pictures people pictures! If it wasn't so fucking cold out I think I'd have had the patience to make the pictures come out better.

• Davis and AggieSheepdog like this

TBL-2.png

#7 Doc_V

Doc_V

Landlubber

• Crew Leader
  • 20 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 30 January 2014 - 05:05 PM

Have you thought about a coverking or any other sort of tactical seat that way your seat becomes your bob 

Who Dares Wins

CrewLeaderSignature.png

#8 Jersey0311

Jersey0311

Bullets and Bandages

• Crew Leader
  • 1,021 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 30 January 2014 - 05:10 PM

Have you thought about a coverking or any other sort of tactical seat that way your seat becomes your bob 

The thought has crossed my mind. I figure if I went that route, I'd need another OSOE Visor Wrap.

The coverking in Kryptek Typhon would be the bees fucking knees though. I LOVE that pattern. And it would solve my problem of turning the backs of my front seats into a medical platform. I can't figure out a way to mount my TSSI M9 bag since there's no sternum strap (why not is beyond me), and a MOLLE covering would solve that issue.

I've seen them before, but never gave them serious thought until now. Thanks for the heads up!

TBL-2.png

#9 PsychoFish

PsychoFish

Salty Dog

• Plank Owner
  • 474 posts
  • LocationDusty Ole AZ

Posted 30 January 2014 - 06:16 PM

Attached File  image.jpg   120.06KB   10 downloadsAttached File  image.jpg   131.23KB   6 downloadsAttached File  image.jpg   139.64KB   7 downloadsAttached File  image.jpg   142.99KB   2 downloadsAttached File  image.jpg   123.85KB   6 downloadsAttached File  image.jpg   173.5KB   7 downloads
  • Jersey0311 and DirtyTrigger like this
Posted Image

#10 Jersey0311

Jersey0311

Bullets and Bandages

• Crew Leader
  • 1,021 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 30 January 2014 - 06:23 PM

Another Chevy owner I see. Great minds think alike!

I dig the 40mm ammo can. Once I get that bed cap, I'm definitely grabbing one to throw back there.

• PsychoFish likes this

TBL-2.png

#11 AaronK

AaronK

Salty Dog

• Crew Member
  • 1,070 posts
  • LocationWA

Posted 30 January 2014 - 08:45 PM

You guys just roll around with all your gear unsecured?

#12 Beaucoup VC

Beaucoup VC

Salty Dog

• Crew Member
  • 340 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 30 January 2014 - 11:47 PM

Thanks for that illustrative post, Jersey! I never knew about Du-Ha storage units until I saw your pictures. I'm in love with the storage capacity, even for the new body style Silverado extended cab models. 

This production photograph clearly demonstrates what my truck looks like when I'm hauling gear LOL:

http://www.du-ha.com...nst_mess_lg.jpg

• Jersey0311 likes this

#13 PsychoFish

PsychoFish

Salty Dog

• Plank Owner
  • 474 posts
  • LocationDusty Ole AZ

Posted 31 January 2014 - 12:23 AM

For the most part, yep. Never had an issue with anything before. When I had my lifted trucks I'd just run a chain through the spare tire in the bed and put a padlock on it. It keeps the honest guys honest, and nothing will really stop those who really want it. When it's in the back of the Tahoe it may slide around a bit, nothing crazy. And in a roll over, that's the least of my worries.
Posted Image

#14 Jersey0311

Jersey0311

Bullets and Bandages

• Crew Leader
  • 1,021 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 31 January 2014 - 07:39 AM

Yeah. Like PsychoFish said, no issues. The bags are all heavy enough that they don't move, even during sudden stops.

Thanks for that illustrative post, Jersey! I never knew about Du-Ha storage units until I saw your pictures. I'm in love with the storage capacity, even for the new body style Silverado extended cab models. 

This production photograph clearly demonstrates what my truck looks like when I'm hauling gear LOL:

http://www.du-ha.com...nst_mess_lg.jpg

I feel you man, that's what my truck looked like. Under seat storage is the way to go. Quicker access than a toolbox, and forces you to only carry the necessities.

However, once I get that bed cap, it's all over. The bags currently residing on the backseat will go in the bed, along with the items I'm not carrying anymore. This way I can reclaim my back seat.

TBL-2.png

#15 Millertime1103

Millertime1103

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 168 posts
  • LocationTucson, AZ

Posted 31 January 2014 - 09:08 AM

I can't help it! The bundle of flares made me think of Goonies... "Ooooh look guys! Candles!", "I'm setting booty twaps!".

• PsychoFish and AggieSheepdog like this
-- Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

Posted Image

#16 Davis

Davis

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,341 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 31 January 2014 - 12:23 PM

Jersey, you just cost me money... Now I'm going to have to go out and get one of those DU-HA boxes for under my seat. right now I just use an action packer and keep one of the seats lifted up but if I have to haul people it causes problems... I think this is going to be a good solution for me. One thing I do miss about having my Tahoe was being able to store all my crap in the back and not worry about taking up seat space, but now because I don't have a cover for the bed everything lives inside the cab. 

Ir2fdXw.png?1

Put good in, get good out. 

#17 Jersey0311

Jersey0311

Bullets and Bandages

• Crew Leader
  • 1,021 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 31 January 2014 - 12:26 PM

http://www.autoanyth...5A5162A0A0.aspx

It's the one I bought. Easy to install. Also comes with dividers for those of you in America who can have long guns in the truck.

TBL-2.png

#18 B3dlam

B3dlam

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,064 posts
  • LocationWarrenton, OR

Posted 10 February 2014 - 01:52 PM

My truck is always overly full of stuff.  But the stuff that never leaves is a small get home bag and my truck gun. 

For a truck gun I am running a Mosin M44 in a sporterized stock with sling and scout mounted scope.  A good cheap gun that I don't care too much about and dont feel obligated to take out every time I goto the range.

itstacticalsig_zpsb04268f7.jpg

#19 Jersey0311

Jersey0311

Bullets and Bandages

• Crew Leader
  • 1,021 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 10 February 2014 - 02:55 PM

Oh, if only I could run a truck gun...

TBL-2.png

#20 RKlenka

RKlenka

Mate

• Crew Member
  • 70 posts
  • LocationFort Worth, Texas

Posted 01 March 2014 - 12:36 AM

Thanks for the heads up on that Du-ha. To bad it looks like it only works with liftable seats. I have plenty of space under the driver and passanger side, and now i have some ideas on what to do with it.

How are you liking that visor wrap? I have been thinking about picking one up but im a bit worried about having to much weight up there. But i guess it should be fine for some light weight easy access items.

Right now i keep misc items in the toolbox, nothing i would be to heart broken if its stolen. I have a pretty standard blowout kit that is easy to get to. Been playing around with the idea of some type of holster rig set up, maybe one of the Gum creek ones, or i might make my own for longer drives.

Texas CHL Instructor, NRA Instructor, ACT Instructor, ALIVE! Combatives Instructor, Systema Instructor, American Ninjutsu Instructor, CTCTG Instructor/Facilitator, blah blah blah and so on.
http://www.fortworthcombatives.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users