47 replies to this topic

#21 Jersey0311

Jersey0311

Bullets and Bandages

• Crew Leader
  • 1,021 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 01 March 2014 - 12:44 PM

DuHa makes some for non-liftable seats I think, like regular cab trucks.

The visor wrap is fantastic. It does weigh it down a little bit, but me having to push it back into place every now and again is a small price to pay for the vastly increased utility.

TBL-2.png

In Memory Of Our Fallen - OEF - Afghanistan - Lima VIII

Rest Easy Brothers, We'll Take It From Here. We'll Keep The Light Burning.

#22 RKlenka

RKlenka

Mate

• Crew Member
  • 70 posts
  • LocationFort Worth, Texas

Posted 03 March 2014 - 03:44 PM

I looked around the DuHa site for some for non-liftable seats with no luck. They have a lot for beds, and for lifting seats, but maybe i just missed it.

Guess ill be ordering one of those visors. :P

Texas CHL Instructor, NRA Instructor, ACT Instructor, ALIVE! Combatives Instructor, Systema Instructor, American Ninjutsu Instructor, CTCTG Instructor/Facilitator, blah blah blah and so on.
http://www.fortworthcombatives.com

#23 mangeface

mangeface

Salty Dog

• 2,598 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 03 March 2014 - 04:52 PM

Unfortunately, the back seat on my truck lifts forward, so the hinges for it sit at the front of the seat.

"I may walk among the sheep...but make no mistake, I am the sheepdog."
VQz5Nwz.png

#24 Peter.C

Peter.C

Swabbie

• Crew Leader
  • 38 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 05 March 2014 - 09:21 AM

At the moment I do not have much in my car. I own an 02 Ford Explorer that I use mostly for getting to school and work. Here is what I have so far:

Jump bag: Complete that is designed in a way that I can give it to most any one and they will be able to figure it out. When you open the main compartment everything is labeled. Designed to handle most situations I would encounter such as motor vechice accidents, injuries while hiking, or a man who walks into traffic while drunk. 
2014-03-05 10.00.29.jpg

This is my main 24 hour bag. Just the basic stuff is inside, pens, clothes, laptop, and other stuff I would need for work.

2014-03-05 09.58.37.jpg

Here's an overview of my trunk.
2014-03-05 10.00.05.jpg

I have some other stuff behind the bags like some jumper cables and some sweaters.

What I plan to add:
  • Fire extinguisher
  • Flares
  • OSOE visor
  • Move tools to my car
  • Mount rescue tool

Feel free to comment or give recommendations for other things I need.

Attached Files

• PsychoFish likes this

#25 Probablytaken

Probablytaken

Mate

• Crew Leader
  • 90 posts
  • LocationSalt Lake City, UT

Posted 05 March 2014 - 09:40 PM

I just added a couple of visor covers that I made myself.

Driver's side (Liked this revision better than my first attempt, so it got the main side of the vehicle.)

20140305_190531.jpg

Passenger's side (Fairly happy how this turned out since I hadn't touched a sewing machine since Jr. High 16 years ago.)

20140305_190522.jpg

Of course, both have ITS patches so they are showing when the visor is down. 

Thinking my next DIY project is going to either be some MOLLE seatbacks or some sort of gear organizer for the back storage area of my Suburban Camouflage Vehicle (Dodge Caravan)

Attached Files

• PsychoFish and Jersey0311 like this
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream.
It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan
Posted Image

#26 Jersey0311

Jersey0311

Bullets and Bandages

• Crew Leader
  • 1,021 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 06 March 2014 - 09:09 AM

I just added a couple of visor covers that I made myself.

Driver's side (Liked this revision better than my first attempt, so it got the main side of the vehicle.)

Passenger's side (Fairly happy how this turned out since I hadn't touched a sewing machine since Jr. High 16 years ago.)

Of course, both have ITS patches so they are showing when the visor is down. 

Thinking my next DIY project is going to either be some MOLLE seatbacks or some sort of gear organizer for the back storage area of my Suburban Camouflage Vehicle (Dodge Caravan)

Ah, so you have a shaggin' wagon. Good for you man! I have a friend who calls his minivan the Assault Minivan. Or War Wagon. Nice job on the DIY panels!

Edited by Jersey0311, 06 March 2014 - 09:09 AM.

TBL-2.png

In Memory Of Our Fallen - OEF - Afghanistan - Lima VIII

Rest Easy Brothers, We'll Take It From Here. We'll Keep The Light Burning.

#27 Probablytaken

Probablytaken

Mate

• Crew Leader
  • 90 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 11:04 AM

Ah, so you have a shaggin' wagon. Good for you man! I have a friend who calls his minivan the Assault Minivan. Or War Wagon. Nice job on the DIY panels!

Thanks, I have considered also calling it my Suburban Assault Vehicle, but since its not a certain Chevy SUV, I wasn't sure it fit right.

Thanks on the panels. I realized that I wanted to learn anyways and since OSOE charges $50 for them, I figured I would start there with my DIY rather than fork out. I have since decided that maybe the $50 isn't so unreasonable, it's not as easy as it may seem. Regardless, I have the materials and the infrastructure to make some more of my own stuff, so I am going to continue making things.

• Jersey0311 and DeathwatchDoc like this
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream.
It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan
Posted Image

#28 DeathwatchDoc

DeathwatchDoc

Salty Dog

• 1,936 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 06 March 2014 - 05:47 PM

Sometimes DIY is about the journey and adventure as much as it is about the outcome! 

89BccLb.png

#29 Probablytaken

Probablytaken

Mate

• Crew Leader
  • 90 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 09:07 PM

Sometimes DIY is about the journey and adventure as much as it is about the outcome! 

Agreed. I am learning a lot.

We need to get back on topic, I promise to get some pictures of the rest of my SCV in once I clean the inside.

Posted Image

#30 DirtyTrigger

DirtyTrigger

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 447 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 11 March 2014 - 10:41 AM

Nice thread. I am afraid to admit, how much stuff I carry in my truck.  But then again, I camp out of it on a regular basis so its usually always loaded, minus cold ones and ice.

I probably missed it in some of the posts, but dont forget water.  Notably out in the west or hotter climates, I always carry a bunch of water.  Even if its small plastic bottles, I have them squirreled away everywhere in my truck. (Sometimes easier to find space that versus one big container) I do try to go thru them yearly but at any given point, I have 2-3 gallons on board.  Handy even if its just for washing hands or something.

• PsychoFish, Davis and DeathwatchDoc like this

Tu7wwUX.png?1

"Opportunity favors the prepared."

#31 mangeface

mangeface

Salty Dog

• 2,598 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 11 March 2014 - 01:04 PM

I keep 4 1.5L bottles in my truck. Only for emergency drinking.

"I may walk among the sheep...but make no mistake, I am the sheepdog."
VQz5Nwz.png

#32 PsychoFish

PsychoFish

Salty Dog

• Plank Owner
  • 474 posts
  • LocationDusty Ole AZ

Posted 11 March 2014 - 05:41 PM

Great point John, I usually only keep a gallon in the truck during the winter as "just in case" water. Any time I know I'm heading out anywhere I have at least a five gallon just in the vehicle, I add a second one for our summer times. Too many things can go wrong with heat!

Posted Image
There's threats everywhere, and the world is draped in [Multicam]

#33 Davis

Davis

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,341 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 11 March 2014 - 06:06 PM

Agree, very good reminder Dirty! Water is an often over looked and extremely important item. It should also be noted that water for hydration in extreme cold climates is every bit as important as hot climates. 

Ir2fdXw.png?1

Put good in, get good out. 

#34 jacobowitz

jacobowitz

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 09:53 AM

this is my first post and I might have missed it because I just browsed through the post but where can I find one of those visor wraps?

#35 Probablytaken

Probablytaken

Mate

• Crew Leader
  • 90 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 03:00 PM

http://www.originals...cle-visor-cover

Posted Image

#36 RKlenka

RKlenka

Mate

• Crew Member
  • 70 posts
  • LocationFort Worth, Texas

Posted 21 March 2014 - 03:19 PM

There are a few wrap options out there:

http://zulunylongear.com/visor.html

http://sunrisetactic...ap-240-0513.htm

Water is a very good idea. My dad spent a lot more time on the road than i do and would always have a few gallons. Man i hated drinking out of those when i was younger. Like drinking hot piss. I usally have a few water bottles floating around my vehicles.

Any one know of a good long term water bottle/container that would fit behind a seat of a regualr cab truck? I believe some plastics start to leach out into water after a while, even more so if its stuck outside in a hot truck for weeks.

Texas CHL Instructor, NRA Instructor, ACT Instructor, ALIVE! Combatives Instructor, Systema Instructor, American Ninjutsu Instructor, CTCTG Instructor/Facilitator, blah blah blah and so on.
http://www.fortworthcombatives.com

#37 jacobowitz

jacobowitz

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 09:35 PM

thanks for the links! the sunrise tactical is more in my price range. i'll probably buy one of those then try to make my own based off of it

#38 PaveLow87

PaveLow87

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 14 posts
  • LocationEastern NC

Posted 25 March 2014 - 09:24 AM

I just ordered my Zulu Nylon visor organizer. Cant wait to load it up.

Posted Image

#39 victorgolf

victorgolf

Mate

• Crew Leader
  • 56 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 25 March 2014 - 12:53 PM

I just ordered my Zulu Nylon visor organizer. Cant wait to load it up.

Same here! glad they ship internationally!

Untitled.png

#40 victorgolf

victorgolf

Mate

• Crew Leader
  • 56 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 25 March 2014 - 12:58 PM

Any one know of a good long term water bottle/container that would fit behind a seat of a regualr cab truck? I believe some plastics start to leach out into water after a while, even more so if its stuck outside in a hot truck for weeks.

You're right, most standard bottling plastics have BPA in them, you can buy BPA free containers in all shapes and sizes now, here is a quote from the wiki article

"The problem is, BPA is also a synthetic estrogen, and plastics with BPA can break down, especially when they're washed, heated or stressed, allowing the chemical to leach into food and water and then enter the human body. That happens to nearly all of us; the CDC has found BPA in the urine of 93% of surveyed Americans over the age of 6. If you don't have BPA in your body, you're not living in the modern world."

essentially, if you get enough of it in you, the synthetic estrogen will make you grow man boobs......at a very slow rate....

Edited by victorgolf, 25 March 2014 - 12:58 PM.

Untitled.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users