• This topic is locked This topic is locked
30 replies to this topic

#21 mangeface

mangeface

Salty Dog

• 2,598 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 13 February 2014 - 10:32 AM

No point, I just picked up a replacement from a salvage yard for $100 and I'm about to have my buddy mount it.

"I may walk among the sheep...but make no mistake, I am the sheepdog."
VQz5Nwz.png

#22 mangeface

mangeface

Salty Dog

• 2,598 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 14 February 2014 - 04:28 PM

Just got word on my truck. Have to replace the tie rod, push rod, wheel bearing, reset the axle and an alignment. Damage is $1,466.

Ugh...fml.

VQz5Nwz.png

#23 Davis

Davis

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,341 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 14 February 2014 - 04:39 PM

Just got word on my truck. Have to replace the tie rod, push rod, wheel bearing, reset the axle and an alignment. Damage is $1,466.

Ugh...fml.

That really is an FML bit of news right there man, sorry to hear that. Is the truck worth it or can you maybe just take what you can get for it and buy a newer rig?

Ir2fdXw.png?1

Put good in, get good out. 

#24 mangeface

mangeface

Salty Dog

• 2,598 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 14 February 2014 - 04:58 PM

Oh, the truck is definitely worth the work. It's a 2006 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 with 83,000 miles on it. And it has some factory only options on it.

All of this pisses me off cause I ran all terrains on it since I've had it (2009) and in December I switched to normal road tires to save $200. First ice we have since I switched and this shit happens.
  • Davis likes this

VQz5Nwz.png

#25 Beaucoup VC

Beaucoup VC

Salty Dog

• Crew Member
  • 340 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 18 February 2014 - 12:05 AM

Oh, the truck is definitely worth the work. It's a 2006 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 with 83,000 miles on it. And it has some factory only options on it.

All of this pisses me off cause I ran all terrains on it since I've had it (2009) and in December I switched to normal road tires to save $200. First ice we have since I switched and this shit happens.

Don't worry, that's the kind of luck I have too. At least you were trying to be a mature adult with the intention of saving potential coin. Just throw it on a credit card and be glad you weren't hurt, my dude.

#26 mangeface

mangeface

Salty Dog

• 2,598 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 18 February 2014 - 08:48 AM

Well, I got the truck back yesterday. Paid for the repairs with my favorite transaction item, cash. Best part is I still have, $140 in my account, so I get to eat for the next week. Yay!
  • Davis and Millertime1103 like this

VQz5Nwz.png

#27 Davis

Davis

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,341 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 18 February 2014 - 02:06 PM

Well, I got the truck back yesterday. Paid for the repairs with my favorite transaction item, cash. Best part is I still have, $140 in my account, so I get to eat for the next week. Yay!

Yay for ramen noodles!

• mangeface likes this

Ir2fdXw.png?1

Put good in, get good out. 

#28 DeathwatchDoc

DeathwatchDoc

Salty Dog

• 1,936 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 18 February 2014 - 05:48 PM

Yay for ramen noodles!

Man, those things are so damn bad for you...

• mangeface likes this

89BccLb.png

#29 mangeface

mangeface

Salty Dog

• 2,598 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 18 February 2014 - 07:38 PM

Man, those things are so damn bad for you...

Yes, but I usually toss stuff in them and make a poor man's pho.
  • Davis likes this

VQz5Nwz.png

#30 Ryl4nd99

Ryl4nd99

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 6 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 02 June 2015 - 03:16 AM

Hmm...well I got a hell of a steal on my truck. It's a 2006 GMC Sierra SLT Z71. It was easily a $40K+ truck brand new. I got it in 2009 for $24.5K (after talking the dealer down $4K) and it had 22K miles on it. It really varies on where you live and the amount of dealerships on how much you can really bargain.

Now, if you're wanting something super dependable and reasonably priced, I suggest looking for a Toyota Tacoma or Tundra. The Tacoma is the successor to the Hilux, and if you've seen any video footage of those middle eastern civil wars, you've probably seen the Hilux. The truck is a monster and damn near indestructible (proven by Top Gear UK testing).

The 2nd generation Tacoma is the better of the 2. Either an I4 or V6 engine and more transmission options (4 or 5 speed in automatic or manual).

I second the Hilux. It's a great truck and bound to serve your needs. You'll probably find within your price range!

#31 mangeface

mangeface

Salty Dog

• 2,598 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 02 June 2015 - 08:06 AM

Ryl4nd99, there's a bad habit on the forums that we moderators try to keep from going and it's what we refer to as "necroposting". Essentially, it's when you revive an older thread (usually one that's 6+ months old) by posting. We understand, you may have some input into a thread, but unless it's a general discussion thread (unlike this thread, which was a specific question thread that the original poster has most likely filled) we ask that you please refrain or start a new thread.

VQz5Nwz.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users