12 replies to this topic

#1 B3dlam

B3dlam

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,064 posts
  • LocationWarrenton, OR

Posted 07 February 2014 - 12:50 AM

For any of you running Team Wendy Helmets is there a particular light you are running on them? Ideally I would like something with both an IR/Visible light capability as I will be mounting a PVS-14 on the helmet.  I had looked at the surefire helmet light and love it but it seems to mount by clamping to the side of the helmet when ideally I would like to utilize either the pic rails or the mounting rails provided by the helmet.  Just curious what you guys are running.

• Jersey0311 likes this

itstacticalsig_zpsb04268f7.jpg

#2 Psybain

Psybain

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,674 posts
  • LocationSE AZ

Posted 07 February 2014 - 01:20 AM

My friend is fbi eod with operational experience using the surefire helmet light amd he said the mount on that thing blows and highly recommended against using it when I asked him about them back in August. I'll see if he has a recommendation for a decent light to use on an arc rail.

35066390514_66d1ce57b5_z.jpg
As Seen on: M4Carbine.net, GlockTalk, and NCGO.

#3 Millertime1103

Millertime1103

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 168 posts
  • LocationTucson, AZ

Posted 07 February 2014 - 09:15 AM

I run a Surefire HL1-C-TN on my OpsCore using a TangoDown Surefire picatinny rail mount. I agree that the OEM helmet mount is pretty crappy but I haven't had any issues with the TangoDown adapter. Another nice thing about the Surefire is that I also have the molle attachment on the front of my PC so if I need to move it for whatever reason, there's a spot ready while maintaining usability.

-- Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

Posted Image

#4 Jersey0311

Jersey0311

Bullets and Bandages

• Crew Leader
  • 1,021 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 07 February 2014 - 10:55 AM

My friend is fbi eod with operational experience using the surefire helmet light amd he said the mount on that thing blows and highly recommended against using it when I asked him about them back in August. I'll see if he has a recommendation for a decent light to use on an arc rail.

+1 on the SF helmet light sucking ass. That thing is a POS.

TBL-2.png

In Memory Of Our Fallen - OEF - Afghanistan - Lima VIII

Rest Easy Brothers, We'll Take It From Here. We'll Keep The Light Burning.

#5 B3dlam

B3dlam

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,064 posts
  • LocationWarrenton, OR

Posted 07 February 2014 - 01:37 PM

+1 on the SF helmet light sucking ass. That thing is a POS.

How about the light it self if there is an aftermarket mount. 

#6 Jersey0311

Jersey0311

Bullets and Bandages

• Crew Leader
  • 1,021 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 07 February 2014 - 01:38 PM

The light isn't bright at all. I'd recommend a Princeton Tec helmet light. You can put it where you want and it's brighter.

My next helmet that has rails on the side is just going to get a TLR-1 light on it.

However, since you also want IR capability, look into mounting a Inforce WML

http://www.inforce-m...bine-lights.php

Edited by Jersey0311, 07 February 2014 - 01:45 PM.

TBL-2.png

#7 B3dlam

B3dlam

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,064 posts
  • LocationWarrenton, OR

Posted 07 February 2014 - 02:50 PM

The light isn't bright at all. I'd recommend a Princeton Tec helmet light. You can put it where you want and it's brighter.

My next helmet that has rails on the side is just going to get a TLR-1 light on it.

However, since you also want IR capability, look into mounting a Inforce WML

http://www.inforce-m...bine-lights.php

Are you talking about the Charge MPLS? I am looking at that one it seems like it will mount directly to the helmet which would be slick. 

#8 Jersey0311

Jersey0311

Bullets and Bandages

• Crew Leader
  • 1,021 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 07 February 2014 - 03:27 PM

Are you talking about the Charge MPLS? I am looking at that one it seems like it will mount directly to the helmet which would be slick. 

I'm talking about this in particular

http://www.inforce-m...ml-ir-black.php

The Princeton Tec lights were the first ones that came to mind, except I don't think any of them have an IR capability. But the Inforce one does.

TBL-2.png

#9 Millertime1103

Millertime1103

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 168 posts
  • LocationTucson, AZ

Posted 07 February 2014 - 03:37 PM

I have that inforce WML on my AR and it's a workhorse. If you do go with that light, be careful not to double tap the activation switch otherwise you'll be a walking, talking strobe light.

-- Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

Posted Image

#10 Psybain

Psybain

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,674 posts
  • LocationSE AZ

Posted 07 February 2014 - 03:47 PM

I have the hsp wml and that thing is badass, but its much simpler than the standard model.

#11 Psybain

Psybain

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,674 posts
  • LocationSE AZ

Posted 08 February 2014 - 01:49 AM

My eod friend recommends the streamlight sidewinder compact for a helmet mounted light. They have picatinny adapter for the light as well.

#12 spenceman

spenceman

Life Member

• Plank Owner
  • 907 posts
  • LocationAZ

Posted 08 February 2014 - 08:39 AM

I have the Sidewinder Compact and its a great little light. My two favorite features are the IR light and the helmet mount. The mount is nothing phenomenal, but when you're not wearing the light the mount is very low profile and snag free. I'm also thinking about picking up the remix pro MPLS, which can mount on your molle gear or in your NVG mount, pretty slick stuff.

@Psybain, the FBI is going to be in my neck of the woods early next month, so if your friend is helping out with the course we're hosting, I'll see him there.

PlankOwnerSignatureAZ.gif FBI's Most Wanted for charges of serial thread hijacking.

I'm like a cheap wine. I get better the more you drink.

#13 Psybain

Psybain

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,674 posts
  • LocationSE AZ

Posted 08 February 2014 - 12:36 PM

I have the Sidewinder Compact and its a great little light. My two favorite features are the IR light and the helmet mount. The mount is nothing phenomenal, but when you're not wearing the light the mount is very low profile and snag free. I'm also thinking about picking up the remix pro MPLS, which can mount on your molle gear or in your NVG mount, pretty slick stuff.

@Psybain, the FBI is going to be in my neck of the woods early next month, so if your friend is helping out with the course we're hosting, I'll see him there.

Check your pm, I sent you a msg about it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users