42 replies to this topic

#1 SwatDawg335

SwatDawg335

Salty Dog

• Life Member
  • 452 posts
  • LocationLand of 10,000 Lakes

Posted 13 February 2014 - 01:52 AM

Has anybody noticed the line of new low-profile edc bags and pack that Vertx is releasing in April? There's only a handful of videos on youtube right now (mostly from shot show 2014). And a couple of retailers have placeholder pages up right now. Here's the Vertx retail page: https://www.wearvert...ccessories.aspx I am completely in love with that Gamut bag. The bags have the ability to run external MOLLE/Loop fields for pouches and patches or tuck them away completely by simply zipping up a stow-able cover. I'm going to have to pick one up. I'm going to have to pick one up for sure. If I'm able to alter it enough to make the straps removable and reversible (so I can also use it as a sling bag). I'll have the perfect edc bag for all of my needs. I'm giddy as a school girl right now.
  • Matty410 likes this

NoTMZyB.png

#2 spenceman

spenceman

Life Member

• Plank Owner
  • 907 posts
  • LocationAZ

Posted 13 February 2014 - 01:29 PM

Thanks for the link man those adapters are awesome! A little spendy though, considering what probably goes into the manufacturing of those things.

PlankOwnerSignatureAZ.gif FBI's Most Wanted for charges of serial thread hijacking.

I'm like a cheap wine. I get better the more you drink.

#3 SwatDawg335

SwatDawg335

Salty Dog

• Life Member
  • 452 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 02:33 PM

I couldn't help myself.  I preordered a Gamut bag earlier this morning before I ended my night shift.  Pretty sure I wasn't going to be able to fall asleep until I did.  Can we get a Bag Whores Anonymous sub-forum started?  I think I may have a bit of a problem.

• Davis, nroeber78 and DirtyTrigger like this

NoTMZyB.png

#4 DeathwatchDoc

DeathwatchDoc

Salty Dog

• 1,936 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 13 February 2014 - 02:38 PM

Hi, my name is Doc and I have a problem...

• SwatDawg335, Superman and Doc_V like this

89BccLb.png

#5 Davis

Davis

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,341 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 13 February 2014 - 04:06 PM

My spending on gear has always been very expensive, but I must say, thanks to my fellow ITS brethren my spending has gone up way more... there are just so many cool things out there that I want! 

Edited by Davis, 13 February 2014 - 04:09 PM.

Ir2fdXw.png?1

Put good in, get good out. 

#6 Superman

Superman

Salty Dog

• Crew Member
  • 126 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 13 February 2014 - 04:08 PM

Hi, my name is Superman and I do NOT have a problem.  I'm just here to appease the wife and to get out of that stupid intervention.  I don't see what the big deal is.  I like the way the bags make me feel, slung on my back or over my shoulder or even around my waist.  And I can always take them off and put them in the closet or under the bed...outta sight outta mind.  They are even becoming more and more "covert" every day.  Soon enough no one will even realize I'm wearing it :cool:

I'll be in the "codependent enablers" sub-forum if anyone needs me...or wants to join me, the no-judgement couches are so comfy. :headbang:

Edited by Superman, 13 February 2014 - 04:12 PM.

• spenceman, SwatDawg335, Davis and 3 others like this
Posted Image

#7 Superman

Superman

Salty Dog

• Crew Member
  • 126 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 13 February 2014 - 04:10 PM

And yes, I like those vertx bags too, btw ;)

Posted Image

#8 AaronK

AaronK

Salty Dog

• Crew Member
  • 1,070 posts
  • LocationWA

Posted 13 February 2014 - 07:36 PM

Mmm bags. My wife would blow a capillary if I dumped 200 on a bag though
  • mangeface likes this

#9 SwatDawg335

SwatDawg335

Salty Dog

• Life Member
  • 452 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 10:19 PM

Mmm bags. My wife would blow a capillary if I dumped 200 on a bag though

Maybe I can help.  http://www.predatorb...edc-gamut-pack/

Enter coupon code "MM10" at checkout.

Tell your wife I said, "Your welcome."

Hi, my name is Superman and I do NOT have a problem.  I'm just here to appease the wife and to get out of that stupid intervention.  I don't see what the big deal is.  I like the way the bags make me feel, slung on my back or over my shoulder or even around my waist.  And I can always take them off and put them in the closet or under the bed...outta sight outta mind.  They are even becoming more and more "covert" every day.  Soon enough no one will even realize I'm wearing it :cool:

I'll be in the "codependent enablers" sub-forum if anyone needs me...or wants to join me, the no-judgement couches are so comfy. :headbang:

Awesome, Superman.  Just awesome.

NoTMZyB.png

#10 Beaucoup VC

Beaucoup VC

Salty Dog

• Crew Member
  • 340 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 14 February 2014 - 12:23 AM

Outstanding. Unfortunately, I'm a coyote tan fiend, so that Gamut bag won't be calling me daddy any time soon.

#11 AaronK

AaronK

Salty Dog

• Crew Member
  • 1,070 posts
  • LocationWA

Posted 15 February 2014 - 12:13 AM

Appreciate the code, Swat, but $18 doesn't swong that bag into our current budget :-\

#12 SwatDawg335

SwatDawg335

Salty Dog

• Life Member
  • 452 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 03:41 PM

My bag arrived the other day.  First impressions were great.  Build quality, fit and finish, and design are all top notch.  I took it with to our Dept. spring qualification today and used it for qualifying with my primary off-duty gun (M&P .40 compact).  Usually I qualify from my IWB, but decided to switch it up this time.  The draw mechanics are pretty smooth with this bag.  I was knocking out double-taps under 3.75 seconds consistently from a starting position with my hands up at about chest level on the commands.  I was very pleased for what limited time I've had with the bag.  I'm hoping to get to the range sometime early next week to spend a little quality time with my gear (bag and new plate carrier set-up specifically).  If I get a chance to video any of it I'll post some.

I'm very happy with the purchase thus far.  This bag without question trumps any other EDC bag I've owned.

NoTMZyB.png

#13 SwatDawg335

SwatDawg335

Salty Dog

• Life Member
  • 452 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 05:10 PM

dvor.com has lots of vertx stuff on sale for the next two days.  The Gamut and Gamut Plus are both on sale at ridiculous prices.  The new range bag is also available for super cheap.  I couldn't help myself, I'd been eyeing that range bag for a while now, had to take the leap.

NoTMZyB.png

#14 DStevenson

DStevenson

Salty Dog

• 1,868 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 17 April 2014 - 05:19 PM

If you use dvor.com I would appreciate it if you used my referral link!

http://www.dvor.com/s/78l8c2

BAM!  Beat ya to it!

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." Benjamin Franklin

5399202523_bd1cb04e2e_o.png

#15 DieselD

DieselD

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 530 posts
  • LocationSW Michigan

Posted 17 April 2014 - 07:20 PM

Thanks for the link, the 24hr back pack has my interest.

A government feared by its citizens is tyranny. A government afraid of it's citizens is freedom

III%er

CrewLeaderSignature.png

#16 nroeber78

nroeber78

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 246 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, TX

Posted 17 April 2014 - 07:42 PM

Hi, my name is Nathan and i'm a bag whore.

#17 SwatDawg335

SwatDawg335

Salty Dog

• Life Member
  • 452 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 09:58 AM

I was able to finally break away for a short time yesterday and get some range time in.  Here's a short video of how the Vertx Gamut bag performs.  I did make some alterations to the bag, photos included at the end of the video.  I'm a bit heartbroken that I needed to dirty up the beautiful fit and finish of the bag.  But the draw time is significantly shorter now, and the bag is more functional with the changes I made.

https://www.youtube....d&v=EJQU7EKTYgg

• LongHaul and Davis like this

NoTMZyB.png

#18 TTIME

TTIME

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 10:44 AM

Thanks for the MM10 code. I have been digging around for a dealer discount on these bags and finally found it here. Good stuff!

#19 Evan Travers

Evan Travers

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 10:03 AM

Thank you for the coupon, and I'd like to publicly state how incredible your customer support response was… multiple, prompt, concise answers to all my questions, going above and beyond the call of duty. Thanks Salty.

#20 DStevenson

DStevenson

Salty Dog

• 1,868 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 21 May 2014 - 11:28 AM

Great video SwatDawg... I even posted a comment!  Believe it or not, I rarely do that.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." Benjamin Franklin

5399202523_bd1cb04e2e_o.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users